User Profile

Loren 

Sex: male
Favorite Score(s):    my personal top-10s:

JARRE Best film music composer of all times: Gesù di Nazareth, Dead Poets Society, Witness, Mad Max III, Crossed Swords, The Life and Times of Judge Roy Bean, Doctor Zhivago, Lawrence of Arabia, Villa Rides, Paris brûle-t-il ? Shogun

FIELDING: Suppose they gave a war (and nobody came), McHale's Navy, Noon Wine, Junior Bonner, Gauntlet, Lawman, Big Sleep, Supercops, Hunters are for killing, Chato's Land

MORRICONE: Maddalena, Il Mercenario, La Resa dei Conti, Il Buono Il Brutto Il Cattivo, Il Gatto, Giu' la testa, Oceano, Red Sonja, Uccellacci e Uccellini, Marco Polo.

ZIMMER (no, I'm definitely NOT a Zimmer hater): Rush, Man of Steel, The Last Samurai, The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises, Inception (of course!), Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows, Rain Man, Younger & Younger, Thelma & Louise, Angels & Demons, Matchstick Men

SARDE: La Guerre du Feu, Tess, Ghost Story, Fort Saganne, Pirates, Le locataire, Un Taxi Mauve, L'Ours, Music Box, Lord of the Flies.

ITALIAN FILM MUSIC: La Dolce Vita, Otto e mezzo, Profondo Rosso, Sandokan, Le Avventure di Pinocchio, Buon funerale amigos... paga Sartana, L'Armata Brancaleone, L'isola misteriosa e il Capitano Nemo, Kaos, Cristo si è fermato a Eboli.

BERNSTEIN: Heavy Metal, Slipstream, Walk on the Wild Side, Staccato, To kill a Mocking Bird, Birdman of Alcatraz, Ghostbusters, Cast a Giant Shadow, The man with the Golden Arm, The Great Escape, Saturn 3, The Bridge of Remagen, An American Werewolf in London.

HORNER: Uncommon Valor, Vibes, ST II, 48 hours, Brainstorm, Gorky Park, Aliens, Beautiful Mind, Field of Dreams, Krull, Der Name Der Rose.

CONTI: The Right Stuff (well, the TCHAIKOVSKY stuff), Gloria, Rocky, Escape to Victory, Slow Dancing in the Big City, FIST, the Karate Kid, Cohen & Tate, the Formula, For Your Eyes Only.

BARRY: The Lion in Winter, Robin & Marian, The Deep, Howard the Duck, The Black Hole, The Whisperers, Chaplin, A View to a Kill, Born Free, OHMSS.

GOLDSMITH: Difficult to choose since I have "almost" all official Goldsmith released both in vinyl and in CD, my favourites are... Cassandra Crossing (especially track #14, CD 2 of the Prometheus release) Gremlins, Brotherhood of the Bell, A Step out of Line, Link, Under Fire, Innerspace, Capricorn One, Wind & the Lion, Alien.

WILLIAMS: once my favourite composer, I cannot stand his conventional and sickly music anymore though keep on buying his scores: Images, Jaws II, Eiger Sanction, Superman, Spacecamp, Jane Eyre, Fury, The Long Goodbye, 1941, Monsignor, Black Sunday.

SCHIFRIN tv M:I & Mannix; Dirty Harry; tv POTA; Brubaker; Cincinnati Kid; Kelly's heroes; Escape to Athena; Enter the Dragon; Amityville Horror; Rollercoaster

ELFMANan incredible overrated composer! though my favourites are: Midnight Run, Batman the movie, Beetlejuice, Alice in Wonderland, Planet of the Apes, Nightmare Before Xmas, Mission Impossible, Edward Scissorhands, Pee Wee's..., Batman Returns.

HERRMANN: Psycho, Journey to the Center of the Earth, The Day the Earth Stood Still, Citizen Kane, The Snows of Kilimanjaro, A Hatful of Rain, The Trouble with Harry, North by Northwest, Taxi Driver, 5 Fingers.

NORTH: Under the Volcano, 2001, Spartacus, Children's hour, A Streetcar named Desire, Dragonslayer, Viva Zapata! Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? Bite the Bullet, Journey Into Fear.

ROSENMAN: Fantastic Voyage, Beneath the Planet of the Apes, Battle for the Planet of the Apes, A Man Called Horse, Star Trek IV, The Lord of the Rings, Twilight Zone TV (And When The Sky Was Opened), Amazing Stories (No Day at the Beach), The Car, Race with the devil, The Hellfighters

BLAXPLOITATION: The Spook who sat by the Door, Sweet Sweetback Badasssss Song, Trouble Man, Shaft in Africa, Superfly, Cleopatra Jones, Black Belt Jones, Brother on the Run, Three Tough Guys, Uptight.

MUSICAL: Pal Joey, The Music Man, Rocky Horror Picture Show, Shock Treatment, Fiddler on the Roof, All that Jazz, Cabaret, A Little Night Music, Jesus Chist Superstar, RiverDance.

ATONAL: GRavity, Escape from Alcatraz (MY HOLY GRAIL), Fantastic Voyage, Freud, Images, The Thing, The Fly II, The Matrix, the Mechanic, The Andromeda Strain, Beneath the Planet of the Apes.

ANIMATION: Heavy Metal, Heavy Metal 2000, Fritz the Cat, Castle in the Sky, Lord of the Rings, Lucky Luke, Asterix and Cleopatra, Mulan, Yellow Submarine, Les triplettes de Belleville, Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas, Wizards.

OTHERS: W/E, A Bridge too far away, Crazy in Alabama, Solaris (Martinez), Return to Oz, 2010, Man called horse, Farewell my lovely, La femme d'à côté, Jean De Florette, Cyrano de Bergerac, Dragonslayer, Conan the barbarian, Mad Max beyond thunderdome, El Embajador Y Yo, Cowboy Bebop, Sodoma e Gomorra, the Elephant Man, Dark Crystal, L'Ultimo Imperatore

Favorite Composer(s):    Jarre, Fielding, Morricone, Zimmer. Sarde, E. Bernstein, J-C Petit, Shire, Aparicio, Rosenman, Morris, Rodney Bennett, Yared, Coulais, Komeda, Korzeniowski, Sakamoto, Horner.
Interests:    Soundtracks and travels (mmm, more travels than soundtracks). I own thousands of soundtracks, both in vinyl and CD format, and to count them is an impossible mission.
About Me:    lorenz_da_TO at yahoo dot it