Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

This is a comments thread about FSM CD: Bell, Book and Candle/1001 Arabian Nights

Posted:   Dec 11, 2009 - 2:36 PM   
 By:   Dorian   (Member)

Thanks to their recent Halloween sale I finally picked FSM's Bell, Book and Candle and just heard it for the first time. Marvellous ! A tuneful and lovely music in every aspect; well worth anyone's attention.

Seeing there's no comment on this CD so far, I'm happy to make the first one.

Posted:   Dec 11, 2009 - 9:20 PM   
 By:   moviejoemovies   (Member)

Thanks to their recent Halloween sale I finally picked FSM's Bell, Book and Candle and just heard it for the first time. Marvellous ! A tuneful and lovely music in every aspect; well worth anyone's attention.

Seeing there's no comment on this CD so far, I'm happy to make the first one.

I love that Score - it's so jazzy Hollywood. When I was 12 years old, I went to see it during the Christmas Holidays and sat through it all day long. I think I saw it 4x that day. If you check out my Avatar on the left, you'll notice that I have a weakness for James Stewart-Kim Novak movies from 1958.

Posted:   Dec 11, 2009 - 9:38 PM   
 By:   ThomasCrown76   (Member)

Can't beat Vertigo!

Posted:   Dec 11, 2009 - 10:08 PM   
 By:   moviejoemovies   (Member)

Can't beat Vertigo!

No, you can't. How coincidental that the greatest Film ever made (IMO) also has the greatest Film Score ever composed (IMO).

Posted:   Dec 12, 2009 - 1:04 AM   
 By:   ThomasCrown76   (Member)

No argument here. Still kinda curious about Bell Book and Candle, Jimmy and Kim made a good couple in Vertigo.

Posted:   Dec 12, 2009 - 1:36 AM   
 By:   MusicMad   (Member)

Bell, Book and Candle is a wonderful score - and the film is highly entertaining, too.

I prefer the score to Vertigo - which ranks high on my list of favourite scores - but, for viewing, I prefer the other film. I don't have many scores by George Duning but I enjoy all those that I do have (and, of course, 3:10 To Yuma is a masterpiece).

Posted:   Apr 13, 2012 - 12:17 PM   
 By:   Bob DiMucci   (Member)

The animated film 1001 ARABIAN NIGHTS is now available as a made-on-demand DVD from the Sony/Columbia Choice Collection.