Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Feb 8, 2013 - 3:52 PM   
 By:   Michael_McMahan   (Member)

I noticed that in the last few weeks, some Digitmovies titles have ended their run:

3 Westerns:

I quattro dell' Ave Maria - Carlo Rustichelli

Un minuto per pregare, un'istante per morire - Carlo Rustichelli

Preparati la bara - (exciting Django score) Giampiero Reverberi, Gianfranco Reverberi

plus:

Piedone Lo Sbirro - Guido De Angelis, Maurizio De Angelis

Kapo - Carlo Rustichelli

La Frusta e il corpo - Sei donne per l'assassino - (classic Bava! Blood and Black Lace) Carlo Rustichelli

Pensione Paura - Adolfo Waitzman

Orzowei Il figlio della savana / Il Marsigliese - Guido & Maurizio De Angelis

There are many more of course, but these are the most recent updates.

Posted:   Feb 9, 2013 - 5:25 AM   
 By:   wayoutwest   (Member)

Thought that Rustichelli's Un minuto per pregare, un'istante per morire had sold out ages ago but maybe they did a repressing of that one the expanded score was very enjoyable.
It would be interesting to see the total number of copy's that they made for each of their cds purely out of interest to have an idea of roughly how many fans of these great Italian composers are actually out there.

Posted:   Feb 9, 2013 - 6:25 AM   
 By:   ToneRow   (Member)

It's interesting to see how ZORRO (which was released December 2011) had sold out so quickly.

I think, wayoutwest, that there may be a larger number of fans than the number of CD pressings, because not all fans purchase albums.

Perhaps how many buyers are the numbers we'd like to see.

Curiously, Roberto Nicolosi's peplum like BATTAGLIA DI MARATONA & ROMA CONTRO ROMA have sold while Nicolosi's music for Mario Bava hasn't.

Posted:   Feb 9, 2013 - 3:52 PM   
 By:   wayoutwest   (Member)

Think you are right ToneRow that is more than likely the way things are there has to be more than 500 fans of Italian composers that are actively purchasing a number of these cds each year. You would think the fan base would be getting slighter larger each year and maybe it has but due to the recession and the flood of the market with so many releases.

More collectors but just fewer releases each who knows wink

Some titles look fairly certain to have only had one pressing (500)
Morricone's Il Prigioniero for a score that never seems to get a mention anywhere and with no samples to be found on YouTube and few copies to be found on the secondary marketplace .

Years ago Digit mentioned about re pressing a number of titles that were good sellers one in particular was Micalizzi’s Lo Chiamavano Trinita

The more copy’s they make the better I say especially if the interest is there for fans that would still like to be able to buy a copy when they were able too.

Yes a list of how many buyers would be good

Posted:   Feb 12, 2013 - 10:19 AM   

Another western bites the dust:

OGGI A ME... DOMANI A TE! by A.F. Lavagnino

They also updated these titles as sold out:

LA MORTE RISALE A IERI SERA by Gianni Ferrio

LA POLIZIOTTA by Gianni Ferrio

IL COMPAGNO DON CAMILLO by Alessandro Cicognini

But perhaps most significantly, Claudio Gizzi's double cd set for BLOOD FOR DRACULA and FLESH FOR FRANKENSTEIN. A truly beautiful release. Get em while you can!

http://www.digitmovies.com/digitsoundtracks/products/

Posted:   Feb 13, 2013 - 8:18 AM   
 By:   Dorian   (Member)

I have all of these CDs except for the Gizzi double-header. Checked a few samples and ordered a copy! Thanks for the notification.

Posted:   Feb 13, 2013 - 8:49 AM   
 By:   Traveling Matt   (Member)

Where are the samples?

Posted:   Feb 13, 2013 - 9:49 AM   

Screen Archives often has samples for the Digitmovies releases. Looks like they don't for the Gizzi double header though. Here's my favorite theme from the set. It's pretty good example of the mood of both scores:

And here's a great track from the Frankenstein score:

Posted:   Feb 13, 2013 - 11:27 AM   
 By:   JB Fan   (Member)

Yes, Gizzi's double-album is one of the greatest in my collection - I ordered it immediately after I saw announcement!

Posted:   Sep 17, 2013 - 12:29 PM   

GRAZIE ZIA by Ennio Morricone is now sold out.

Posted:   Jan 6, 2014 - 12:05 PM   

The recent (wonderful) western release UN DOLLARO BUCATO by Gianni Ferrio has sold out.

TENTACOLI by Stelvio Cipriani is now gone too.