Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Jul 12, 2013 - 9:30 PM   
 By:   Shaun Rutherford   (Member)

I get a kick out of some of these, just due to the fact that they HAVE sheet music for some of this stuff, but really?

Posted:   Jul 12, 2013 - 9:37 PM   
 By:   MattyO   (Member)

Yeah, it's beyond a joke now.

Posted:   Jul 12, 2013 - 9:38 PM   
 By:   Burk Whittenburg   (Member)

SIGNED

Absolutely ridiculous

Posted:   Jul 12, 2013 - 10:06 PM   
 By:   Frank V   (Member)

Yeah, it's beyond a joke now.

Agree.

Posted:   Jul 12, 2013 - 11:36 PM   
 By:   GoblinScore   (Member)

Key-rice, I'm in...just popped over &.... wow....

Posted:   Jul 12, 2013 - 11:43 PM   
 By:   Dana Wilcox   (Member)

If it will keep this sort of avalanche of threads from cluttering up the message board, I'm for it! Where do I sign?

Posted:   Jul 12, 2013 - 11:45 PM   
 By:   pete   (Member)

I'm a fan, but yes, there are enough to warrant a separate board.
And a separate board would make them easier to find and navigate.

Posted:   Jul 13, 2013 - 12:35 AM   
 By:   1980's Soundtrack Whore   (Member)

Yes, flooding the front page with that many new threads is the epitome of overkill. It seems one thread would easily suffice.

Posted:   Jul 13, 2013 - 12:48 AM   
 By:   Wedge   (Member)

I suspect Shaun's post title was made at least partly in jest. The Trading Post and Non-Film Score boards both host thriving discussion communities. The "Sheet Music Man" threads, despite their quantity and frequency, are the work of a single user (however many people are behind the name) and generate relatively little discussion. Like them or not, I'm not sure that merits a new sub-forum.

Posted:   Jul 13, 2013 - 4:52 AM   
 By:   jonathan_little   (Member)

I think sheetmusicman needs to find http://www.blogger.com/ and then post one thread here with a link to his new blog. Weekly updates can be posted to that thread, summarizing what's newly available on his blog. That would be sufficient and much less spammy than what is going on now.

Posted:   Jul 13, 2013 - 5:48 AM   
 By:   Kim Tong   (Member)

If it will keep this sort of avalanche of threads from cluttering up the message board, I'm for it! Where do I sign?

I guess I am in also. It is interesting to a point, but good grief the board is clogged up with them. Someone must have had a boring week and a lot on time on their hands. Since they are no really discussed, can they be put on the Non-Film Score Discussion side?

Posted:   Jul 13, 2013 - 6:31 AM   
 By:   WILLIAMDMCCRUM   (Member)

That's a lot of hassle for the moderators and webmasters to undergo.

The sane thing would be for sheetmusicman to condense his images to a smaller size, then display several on one publisher/word/paint page.

The problem is that of course if these were music MANUSCRIPTS, it'd be brilliant, but that'd be copyright infringement, and the toadies would sing an oratorio. As it is, it's just the frontispieces, which, apart from some nostalgia element, don't tell us a lot.

Or he could link one thread to a blogpage of his own setting.

Posted:   Jul 13, 2013 - 9:17 AM   
 By:   edwzoomom   (Member)

sheetmusicman should create his own site and call it "Sheet Music Second". A second appears to be the duration he waits before he posts a new topic (although the topic is not new). Seriously, this is overkill and a bit on the selfish side in my opinion.

If signing a petition gets him to cease, where do I sign?

Posted:   Jul 13, 2013 - 9:25 AM   
 By:   Trent Easton Navarro   (Member)

Signed as well. Considering they are only pictures of covers, contain no actual sheet music and nobody really replies to them, I consider them as spam actually. I fail to see what the point of these threads are.

Posted:   Jul 13, 2013 - 9:47 AM   
 By:   Yavar Moradi   (Member)

Guys, they drift down quickly enough when no one posts in them. I really don't think it's a reason to get too upset...

Yavar

Posted:   Jul 13, 2013 - 9:58 AM   
 By:   GoblinScore   (Member)

I can probably assure Shaun was kidding, but sheet dude really should have a rolling link or thread....do some of these composers really need a whole thread?

Posted:   Jul 13, 2013 - 10:16 AM   
 By:   Graham S. Watt   (Member)

If this is a real petition, I'm signing. Normally I wouldn't get my knickers in a twist about these things, and I certainly wouldn't want to hurt sheetmusicman's feelings, but one of the Board's quirks is that you can only look back to threads up to about six pages old (on my compo anyway). Anything from before that you can't browse. So coming back from holiday and seeing what discussions you've missed, only to be confronted by pages of sheet music, is a bit of a pain.

Posted:   Jul 13, 2013 - 10:24 AM   
 By:   Michael24   (Member)

I was curious what prompted such a flood of them. Usually it's only been one or two at a time, so I was surprised to come onto the board last night and find nearly the entire first page filled with them.

I agree that he could create one thread to host his links, and simply post new ones there.

Posted:   Jul 13, 2013 - 10:25 AM   
 By:   Mr. Shark   (Member)

I get a kick out of some of these, just due to the fact that they HAVE sheet music for some of this stuff, but really?

I'd be all right if actual *sheet music* was posted, and not just covers/artwork (as beautiful as some of that can be), but right now it's just tedious. The board is being flooded with a deluge of these threads, with most having 0 replies.

They assimilate entire subforums and we fall back. Not again. The line must be drawn HEEAAH! THIS FAR, NO FURTHER!

Posted:   Jul 13, 2013 - 10:42 AM   
 By:   haineshisway   (Member)

I was curious what prompted such a flood of them. Usually it's only been one or two at a time, so I was surprised to come onto the board last night and find nearly the entire first page filled with them.

I agree that he could create one thread to host his links, and simply post new ones there.

Obsession is what prompted it - the person whose collection this supposedly is hired some people to post all these threads - part of the reason being so he can see if other people have stuff he doesn't so that he can that do whatever it takes to track that down. This will stop when he tires of the obsession, which he will. But yes, the deluge is tiresome and even irritating now. The first few were kind of interesting and fun. Now it's just stupid.