Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Oct 29, 2013 - 3:00 AM   
 By:   Vermithrax Pejorative   (Member)

While I have nothing against your posts, I mainly come to FSM to read debates and topics about new and old film scores.
As one can see today, the main page is literally flooded with posts by you about anything but debates and topics.
Would it be possible to create a separate section for these posts, so most film score fans can continue to do what they usually have around here?
Thanks.

Posted:   Oct 29, 2013 - 3:09 AM   
 By:   Thor   (Member)

I agree. It would be nice to have them all in ONE single thread which sheetmusicman can then update and add to as much as he pleases. This comes off somewhat as 'on-topic spamming', IMO, and I'm a bit disappointed because I remember him saying he was going to tone things down after his last 'spam attack'. But then this new video project apparently made him forget all of that.

Heck, I could even manage a new installment with regular intervals, but to log on and see the first page like this:

sheetmusic man: something
sheetmusicman: something

...is a bit annoying.

So what do you say to spreading it out a bit, smm?

Posted:   Oct 29, 2013 - 3:22 AM   
 By:   Francis   (Member)

Though the threads this time are more entertaining, I also wish they will be spread out more smile

Posted:   Oct 29, 2013 - 3:30 AM   
 By:   maximus_rh   (Member)

I agree, this is really irritating and unnecessary.

Posted:   Oct 29, 2013 - 4:18 AM   
 By:   Jim Phelps   (Member)

22 of 50 threads on the first page--including about nine in a row--are sheetmusicman topics. Yikes!

Posted:   Oct 29, 2013 - 4:23 AM   

It's the worst spam attack I ever saw!!

Posted:   Oct 29, 2013 - 4:39 AM   
 By:   pete   (Member)

I started playing piano a few years ago, so I'm loving the piano videos. Keep them coming^^

Posted:   Oct 29, 2013 - 4:41 AM   

I don't want them stopping, just wish they didn't proliferate the main page so much.

Posted:   Oct 29, 2013 - 4:43 AM   
 By:   Urs Lesse   (Member)

I don't want them stopping, just wish they didn't proliferate the main page so much.

Exactly my opinion, too. Mass flooding the board is neither nice for the visitors and members nor is it good marketing for the videos.

Posted:   Oct 29, 2013 - 4:47 AM   
 By:   pete   (Member)

I know that does bother some, but personally I don't mind that at all. It doesn't change how I surf the threads. I always read threads that sound interesting (or least the promise of "interesting") and skip the rest. Granted I think these issues are worth discussion when they come up. I too like the idea of a separate section.. Trying not to start Book Theif style arguments^^

Posted:   Oct 29, 2013 - 5:31 AM   
 By:   AlexCope   (Member)

To be fair, the reason these threads proliferated the main page all at once is because someone decided to respond to almost all of them all at once.

Posted:   Oct 29, 2013 - 5:50 AM   
 By:   zooba   (Member)

Personally it doesn't bother me at all to have the videos posted like this. They are actually more refreshing than a lot of the stuff that does get posted. Like a lot of crap I post. Ha Ha. I'm with Pete, he said it very well.

Seriously if it's "spam" it's very tasty and fun spam.

Bravo sheetmusicman!

Posted:   Oct 29, 2013 - 6:03 AM   
 By:   Ag^Janus   (Member)

How about sheetmusicman has ONE thread with everything sheetmanmusic in it. Or is that so obviously it's not worth pointing out?

Edit. Oh, I see Thor is on to it already.

Posted:   Oct 29, 2013 - 6:05 AM   
 By:   johnbijl   (Member)

Question: if I ignore the guy, would the threads disappear as well?

I never ever ignored anyone, not even the rudest trolls on this board, but the magnitude of topic is damn annoying.

To sheetmusicman: it's not about your work, it's about how you're selling it.

Posted:   Oct 29, 2013 - 6:07 AM   
 By:   jacky   (Member)

20 individual posts by this Shitmusicman on one page, can't you bring this back to only one post?!

Posted:   Oct 29, 2013 - 6:13 AM   
 By:   edwzoomom   (Member)

I believe this was brought to smm's attention once before. I am not sure why the original requests to condense everything were not heeded. It is wonderful that smm takes the time to create all he does but feels a bit like "look at me" over and over and over.

Posted:   Oct 29, 2013 - 6:17 AM   
 By:   johnbijl   (Member)

I believe this was brought to smm's attention once before.

Yes indeed.

Posted:   Oct 29, 2013 - 6:18 AM   
 By:   Matt S.   (Member)

This time I don't think it's sheetmusicman's fault. He's been spacing out the video posts pretty well, the current problem is Ron Hardcastle apparently just noticed them and has to respond to each and every one, so every thread was bumped at the same time, making it look like spam.

Posted:   Oct 29, 2013 - 6:26 AM   
 By:   Tall Guy   (Member)

This time I don't think it's sheetmusicman's fault. He's been spacing out the video posts pretty well, the current problem is Ron Hardcastle apparently just noticed them and has to respond to each and every one, so every thread was bumped at the same time, making it look like spam.

Even if this weren't the case, I personally don't see a problem. If one of them is a valid topic on this board, then they all are, and regardless of whether they're in a big tranche or spread out, I don't think it's even a yellow card, let alone a red. If you want to see more non-sheetmusicman threads on the board, feel free to post them yourself!

Posted:   Oct 29, 2013 - 6:27 AM   
 By:   TerraEpon   (Member)

Do note, a LOT of the threads were actually bumped by Ron Hardcastle. I didn't look to see for sure, but I do believe he actually DIDN'T post more than a couple over the past 9 hours.