Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Dec 8, 2013 - 3:11 PM   
 By:   Marek7   (Member)

Can someone guess at how soon some of these titles may go before they are sold out? I just deposited a check that won't clear until Wednesday and there are three titles I really want. Star Trek, Abyss, and Brass Target. I'm trying to decide which one to buy first and which to hold off on. If I'm not mistaken, Varese has sold out rather quickly in the past,haven't they? What are the odds of one or more of thee titles selling out within a day or two? Anyone know or care to guess? Many thanks!

Posted:   Dec 8, 2013 - 3:23 PM   
 By:   Maleficio   (Member)

Can someone guess at how soon some of these titles may go before they are sold out? I just deposited a check that won't clear until Wednesday and there are three titles I really want. Star Trek, Abyss, and Brass Target. I'm trying to decide which one to buy first and which to hold off on. If I'm not mistaken, Varese has sold out rather quickly in the past,haven't they? What are the odds of one or more of thee titles selling out within a day or two? Anyone know or care to guess? Many thanks!

I imagine the encore titles and Brass Target will be limited at 1000 copies so they may very well go quick.

Star Trek will be at least 3000 copies so I wouldn't worry about that.

Abyss may also be 3000 units.

Posted:   Dec 8, 2013 - 4:33 PM   
 By:   Marek7   (Member)

Thanks Maleficio!!! I just checked and surprisingly my check has already cleared. I guess my question as of now is, do these go on sale tomorrow afternoon or right at midnight on the 9th? I live on the east coast,so midnight Pacific time would be 3 AM. Just curious as to when these titles will be available (as in what time, not what day) Thanks!

Posted:   Dec 8, 2013 - 11:40 PM   
 By:   DeviantMan   (Member)

20 minutes?

Posted:   Dec 9, 2013 - 12:11 AM   
 By:   SpaceMind   (Member)

Just ordered Star Trek: Nemesis and The Abyss!! I can't wait to listen to these beauties!!!!

Posted:   Dec 9, 2013 - 12:11 AM   
 By:   Grozebear   (Member)

Just ordered Star Trek: Nemesis and The Abyss!! I can't wait to listen to these beauties!!!!

Me too! Glad they both ended up being 2 discs...

Posted:   Dec 9, 2013 - 12:17 AM   
 By:   Senn555   (Member)

Ordered the entire lot.

Plus Alfred Hitchcock Hour Vol 1, Beloved Infidel, Hancock, The 6th Day, Kull the Conqueror

^ Just posting that for the small minority angry at me to get even more angry at me for having awesome l33t sp3nd1ng p0\/\/3r!1! smile

And I'm off to bed.

Posted:   Dec 9, 2013 - 12:25 AM   
 By:   Trent B.   (Member)

Me too! Glad they both ended up being 2 discs...

I'm glad they're complete and 2-CDs as well! Looking forward to listening to both scores!

Posted:   Dec 9, 2013 - 12:28 AM   
 By:   Hercule Platini   (Member)

I think it's very sad that the advance spoiling of the Varese titles has deflated the traditional announcement "party" to the point where it just didn't happen. The chatroom was empty. All the discussion had already been had hours earlier. Thanks so much for that. Why not just email Mr Townson at Varese and tell him the information was available? That's what I did when I found out the titles early one year. Why would I want to spoil the surprise for everyone by announcing halfway through the play to the rest of the audience that "Hey everyone! I just read the script backstage and it turns out the murderer is Professor Smith!" I guess I'm just not an arsehole.

As for the titles themselves, now they've been officially announced: Nemesis is massively expanded so will be a must buy in the New Year (at 5000 copies it'll be around for a while), Vibes is a possible. Never liked The Abyss much anyway and I already have the expanded Runaway and the original Suspect CD. It's a good varied batch, even though there's no immediate Must Buy for me. Okay, so there's no Golden Age stuff (which doesn't appeal to me anyway), but you can't please everyone.

Posted:   Dec 9, 2013 - 12:33 AM   
 By:   DeviantMan   (Member)

Shipping 06JAN

My preorder is in for ABYSS, NEMESIS & BRASS TARGET

Great deal
2CDs each of expanded goodness.
I'm pleased as punch!!!

Posted:   Dec 9, 2013 - 12:39 AM   
 By:   JB Fan   (Member)

Ordered: Nemesis (both deluxe & original album), The Abyss, Brass Target & Suspect.

And once again, thanks for spoilers - I had enough time for making the right decision!

Posted:   Dec 9, 2013 - 12:53 AM   
 By:   spook   (Member)

I see that the SUSPECT cd has individual tracks now.As the original was just divided into 2 Suites, anyone know if theres any more music on this or is it just a straight re-issue?

Posted:   Dec 9, 2013 - 1:03 AM   
 By:   Superman1701   (Member)

I ordered the whole batch. I also ordered a second copy of Nemesis just because. I am excited! Well done and thank you Varese for the releases! Cant wait to hear these! Cheers for the new year!

Posted:   Dec 9, 2013 - 1:18 AM   
 By:   Francis   (Member)

I want to get Nemesis, Abyss and Suspect but will wait for intrada's releases, maybe get Blown Away as well.

For those outside of the US, do you also find it odd that Colosseum (the germans) are charging almost double for these encore and club titles? Nemesis costs 25 $, Colosseum charges 32 euro which converts to 43 $ (!). The encores go at Varese for 18 $, Colosseum charges 23 euro which converts to 31 $... I have zero incentive to order my scores from them even though it would make sense I did.

Posted:   Dec 9, 2013 - 1:26 AM   
 By:   RM Eastman   (Member)

"NEMESIS"-Complete- 2 Copies

"BRASS TARGET" ORDERED

No "ABYSS" Hated it!

Posted:   Dec 9, 2013 - 1:28 AM   
 By:   johnbijl   (Member)

I want to get Nemesis, Abyss and Suspect but will wait for intrada's releases, maybe get Blown Away as well.

For those outside of the US, do you also find it odd that Colosseum (the germans) are charging almost double for these encore and club titles? Nemesis costs 25 $, Colosseum charges 32 euro which converts to 43 $ (!). The encores go at Varese for 18 $, Colosseum charges 23 euro which converts to 31 $... I have zero incentive to order my scores from them even though it would make sense I did.

Indeed. I was quite shocked when I saw those prices. You can have them shipped thrice for that amount.

Posted:   Dec 9, 2013 - 1:31 AM   

Wanting whole batch is a no-brainer! For me, excluding Vibes and Suspect -- as I already own the originals. I got the rest.

Added Runaway, although I skipped the Deluxe. I own the first release and I wasn't to fond of that. Given a second chance, I caved. Damn you, Jerry wink

Posted:   Dec 9, 2013 - 2:33 AM   
 By:   Grimsdyke   (Member)

No, not odd at all because Varese does not give any dealer discounts !! And after freight, import duties, profit, etc. they need to charge that.

Posted:   Dec 9, 2013 - 2:41 AM   

No, not odd at all because Varese does not give any dealer discounts !! And after freight, import duties, profit, etc. they need to charge that.

For Colosseum, being the official branch for Varèse in Europe, it's odd. Ans club prices never were this high. Perhaps the sale to Cutting Edge is the cause.

Posted:   Dec 9, 2013 - 3:09 AM   
 By:   Vermithrax Pejorative   (Member)

The price has gone up at SAE too. They're now $22 for most of the single discs!