Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Nov 1, 2014 - 2:39 AM   
 By:   JamesFitz   (Member)

IMHO most in need of a re-recording are:
Face of a Fugitive
Black Patch
Shamus
Pursuit

Since Face/Black are traditional orchestral scores these two perhaps could be done easily. I hope they are part of those extended suites. Complete presentations would be nice though but we not always need every note. If Tadlow is willing to do these scores at all would be a great gift. And "extended" sounds good, too! smile

I know that Luc doesn't want to do that....but I would be interested especially as the Academy has sketches....

Posted:   Nov 1, 2014 - 8:33 AM   
 By:   Yavar Moradi   (Member)

But why would James do only suites of Black Patch/Face of a Fugitive? Why wouldn't he do the full scores, especially if written materials survive and it doesn't all have to be reconstructed by ear from the films?

Yavar

Posted:   Nov 4, 2014 - 2:02 PM   
 By:   Yavar Moradi   (Member)

IMHO most in need of a re-recording are:
Face of a Fugitive
Black Patch
Shamus
Pursuit

Since Face/Black are traditional orchestral scores these two perhaps could be done easily.

Also I thought I'd mention that James has said on more than one occasion that synth elements (unless they're extremely complicated) are not a problem for doing a new recording of things. They can be recreated, as he did so masterfully on The Salamander. But I'm with you in wanting Goldsmith's early two western film scores released before the cool "mod" pair (though I want those too).

Yavar

Posted:   Nov 5, 2014 - 3:19 AM   
 By:   chriss   (Member)

Since Face/Black are traditional orchestral scores these two perhaps could be done easily.

Also I thought I'd mention that James has said on more than one occasion that synth elements (unless they're extremely complicated) are not a problem for doing a new recording of things.

I've meant this in a different way. I suppose it is easier to reconstruct these early traditional orchestral scores. The instrumentation and the devices used for those mod scores may be more difficult to figure out.