Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Feb 9, 2014 - 4:47 PM   
 By:   That Neil Guy   (Member)

Obviously, it's going to be Mr. Baseball with a second disc of baseball stadium organ music.

Posted:   Feb 9, 2014 - 6:18 PM   
 By:   Basil Wrathbone   (Member)

February 10th is:

...Robert Wagner's birthday. So maybe it's a deluxe Prince Valiant.

...Lon Chaney Jr's birthday. So it could be Copland's score for Of Mice and Men.

...Judith Anderson's birthday... so maybe it's The Ten Commandments!

...Boris Pasternak's birthday... so perhaps it's a remastered Doctor Zhivago.
Now THAT would be exciting!!!

Posted:   Feb 9, 2014 - 6:34 PM   
 By:   Amer Zahid   (Member)

With only 1 new club release my chances of getting THE LIST OF ADRIAN MESSENGER are 99.999% nil.

Absolutely. This title is never going to happen. Even Sean Connery would agree. We have waited for decade on this one so might as well forget it.

Why do you believe this? I see this argument around here all the time -- "If it hasn't happened yet, it's not going to happen." But couldn't that have been said just a couple of months ago about "Breakfast at Tiffany's," or "Falling Down," or a hundred other recent releases?

Read in between the lines: Sean Connery would agree. " Never say Never Again" lol

Posted:   Feb 9, 2014 - 8:28 PM   
 By:   drivingmissdaisy   (Member)

I started working at Varese a few weeks ago and I can tell you this. Varese is like FAMILY. Everyone there is just the sweetest kindest people out there. All of these folks are working their tails off on giving us all the cool stuff we enjoy!

One thing I've learned is, wait 2-3 weeks AFTER the ship date before you inquire about your order. Why? Answering emails takes away from shipping orders. Less emails means we can get more ORDERS out.

ALL of you will receive an email when your order has shipped. Wait patiently on that email. Is it hard to wait for that email, HECK YAH! I've been there many many many times. It's so hard to wait when you have waited so long for this or that score, but if you can hold off for 2-3 weeks after the SHIP date of the discs we can get these bad boys out quicker.

smile

Give Varese a break once in a while. I've seen first hand their business and WOW. I'm impressed!!

Posted:   Feb 9, 2014 - 8:32 PM   
 By:   David (Giacchino-fan)   (Member)

Since you're working with them, does that mean you have the inside scoop on what's being announced? I'm not expecting any inside information, just curious.

Posted:   Feb 9, 2014 - 9:11 PM   
 By:   johnmullin   (Member)

I offer a contrary theory on Cutting Edge: That they want Varèse to release more Club releases. Issuing scores they already own, without a middleman, for $20 each, seems a better business model to me than selling a few hundred copies of "Ride Along" on Amazon for $13 (meaning they get maybe $8?), appealing to a not-very-broad Christopher Lennertz fanbase or to Ice Cube completists who don't care that he doesn't rap on this one. Clearly, the last batch of releases was jammed into the last weeks of 2013 (remember, credit cards were charged then) to get those on the books last year.

I actually think you're on to something here, SchiffyM. Whilst waiting for the previous batch of titles to be announced in December, I found myself poking around the website a bit and I did indeed purchase a few non-Club titles along with the ABYSS and NEMESIS. I wonder if all the ranting on here about Cutting Edge not caring about the vintage titles is completely wrong? Especially since the Club seems to have made a significant comeback recently.

Posted:   Feb 9, 2014 - 9:18 PM   
 By:   drivingmissdaisy   (Member)

Fingers crossed on The Hearse sdtk!

Posted:   Feb 9, 2014 - 9:19 PM   
 By:   hurlburt.lazar227   (Member)

I'm going with a deluxe Into Darkness to match the deluxe Star Trek of yesteryear....

Posted:   Feb 9, 2014 - 9:23 PM   
 By:   RM Eastman   (Member)

I'm going with a deluxe Into Darkness to match the deluxe Star Trek of yesteryear....

I agree, although I have no interest in that title.

Posted:   Feb 9, 2014 - 9:36 PM   
 By:   Tango Urilla   (Member)

Will it go on sale immediately when announced?

Posted:   Feb 9, 2014 - 9:39 PM   
 By:   CitizenJoe   (Member)

I have no clue why everyone seems so sure Varese would release another Star Trek so soon after Nemesis. I wouldn't think that would make much business sense, but maybe that's just me. I'd be happy to be proven wrong though.

Either way, I had a look in the on sale section and I'll definitely be getting Hancock (Powell), I Am Legend (Howard) and Super 8 (Giacchino) for $4.99 each!

Posted:   Feb 9, 2014 - 9:47 PM   
 By:   Cliffs71   (Member)

Whatever it is, I just hope the mystery isn't spoiled like last time. That's part of the fun of it all.
I find this interesting...
How was the mystery spoiled? When the titles leaked last time... were you not still surprised when you first found out?

Posted:   Feb 9, 2014 - 10:30 PM   
 By:   Basil Wrathbone   (Member)

I find this interesting...
How was the mystery spoiled? When the titles leaked last time... were you not still surprised when you first found out?

If some half-wit sitting next to you in the theater leans over half way through a mystery play and tells you the identity of the villain, how would the mystery be spoiled? Wouldn't you still be surprised to find out whodunnit?

Posted:   Feb 9, 2014 - 11:15 PM   
 By:   Josh Mitchell   (Member)

In case you missed the post above, the Varese Clubhouse chat room is alive and well awaiting your presence:

http://us12.chatzy.com/66980089488322

Posted:   Feb 9, 2014 - 11:35 PM   
 By:   Justin Boggan   (Member)

If some half-wit sitting next to you in the theater leans over half way through a mystery play and tells you the identity of the villain, how would the mystery be spoiled? Wouldn't you still be surprised to find out whodunnit?

No, 'cause this particular movie isn't already playing and can begin at any time, even if ahead of a pre-planned schedule.

Posted:   Feb 9, 2014 - 11:45 PM   
 By:   Spymaster   (Member)

Post count about this single, unknown title, now up to 287.

Posted:   Feb 9, 2014 - 11:47 PM   
 By:   Justin Boggan   (Member)

Posted:   Feb 9, 2014 - 11:58 PM   
 By:   tarasis   (Member)

In case you missed the post above, the Varese Clubhouse chat room is alive and well awaiting your presence:

http://us12.chatzy.com/66980089488322

Would love to but my German class starts in 3 minutes. Had hoped the title would have been revealed already.

Posted:   Feb 9, 2014 - 11:59 PM   
 By:   zooba   (Member)

DRUM ROLL PLEASE.

Posted:   Feb 10, 2014 - 12:09 AM   
 By:   Lokutus   (Member)

told ya big grin