Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Jun 2, 2014 - 6:27 PM   
 By:   solium   (Member)

Well, I went to the store, made dinner and ate it, and you guys are still on the same stuff.

I read Drop Forge post and purposely didn't respond. I'm trying to move on. big grin

Posted:   Jun 2, 2014 - 7:21 PM   
 By:   drop_forge   (Member)

Too late. I already called a moratorium. big grin

Posted:   Jun 2, 2014 - 7:22 PM   

Well, I went to the store, made dinner and ate it, and you guys are still on the same stuff.

Chunky Soup? Round trip, heating and eating. 20 minutes, tops. wink

Posted:   Jun 3, 2014 - 10:35 AM   
 By:   Ado   (Member)

Not for me and the family, homemade chicken tacos, fresh avacado, the works.
I don't mess around.

Posted:   Jun 4, 2014 - 8:03 AM   
 By:   dan the man   (Member)

A couple of people on this thread answered what they thought GODZILLA itself thinks? I WISH SOMEONE WOULD ANSWER MY QUESTION IS Godzilla MALE OR FEMALE, so I don't constantly have to say itself instead of himself or herself. But anyway, GODZILLA'S agent told us this morning it would be very happy to get more work IN A SEQUEL . So it is[see I can't say he or she]glad it will be back in action for at least another film. It's agent also said that there was a inside story on why it was not in more scenes in the film. Godzilla hurt it's back early on in production, so it ask if they could film around him. Always nice to have some humor on a Wednesday morning in the middle of a work week. [ha-ha]

Posted:   Jun 4, 2014 - 8:18 AM   

Dan

Dropforge and Godzilla were in a committed relationship until Dropforge found out G is a dude.

Posted:   Jun 4, 2014 - 8:59 AM   

A couple of people on this thread answered what they thought GODZILLA itself thinks? I WISH SOMEONE WOULD ANSWER MY QUESTION IS Godzilla MALE OR FEMALE, so I don't constantly have to say itself instead of himself or herself. But anyway, GODZILLA'S agent told us this morning it would be very happy to get more work IN A SEQUEL . So it is[see I can't say he or she]glad it will be back in action for at least another film. It's agent also said that there was a inside story on why it was not in more scenes in the film. Godzilla hurt it's back early on in production, so it ask if they could film around him. Always nice to have some humor on a Wednesday morning in the middle of a work week. [ha-ha]

Godzilla's always been male by default. The '98 film is not Godzilla.

Posted:   Jun 4, 2014 - 9:00 AM   

Dan

Dropforge and Godzilla were in a committed relationship until Dropforge found out G is a dude.

For Christmas, we gave each other signs to hang over our asses that read Do Not Enter.

Posted:   Jun 4, 2014 - 9:02 AM   

I don't mess around.

In your case, "fresh outta the box" = homemade. big grin

Posted:   Jun 4, 2014 - 9:05 AM   

I don't mess around.

In your case, "fresh outta the box" = homemade. big grin

uh no - not really. I know how to cook.

Can you change your avatar, that picture is creepy, maybe something with you and the G man in a loving embrace?

Posted:   Jun 4, 2014 - 9:07 AM   

Godzilla's always been male by default. The '98 film is not Godzilla.

Then were did baby zilla come from? I always summarized he/she was asexual and reproduced like some frogs and plants. PS: The 2014 film is not Godzilla either. big grin

Posted:   Jun 4, 2014 - 9:20 AM   

Then were did baby zilla come from? I always summarized he/she was asexual and reproduced like some frogs and plants.

You just answered your own question. Zilla is not Godzilla.

Remember, Godzilla fried Zilla in Final Wars like a turkey in an oven. big grin

PS: The 2014 film is not Godzilla either. big grin

Your 3D glasses were all scratched up.

Hey, I thought you were taking a break from this thread? razz

Posted:   Jun 4, 2014 - 9:21 AM   

Double post.

Posted:   Jun 4, 2014 - 9:32 AM   

Can you change your avatar, that picture is creepy

You've never seen Sleepaway Camp? Were you a youngster in the '80s or not a slasher flick fiend?

Watch it and get back to me. It'll be worth it. big grin

Posted:   Jun 4, 2014 - 10:38 AM   

Then were did baby zilla come from? I always summarized he/she was asexual and reproduced like some frogs and plants.

You just answered your own question. Zilla is not Godzilla.

Remember, Godzilla fried Zilla in Final Wars like a turkey in an oven. big grin

PS: The 2014 film is not Godzilla either. big grin

Your 3D glasses were all scratched up.

That and my cataracts and glass eye.

Posted:   Jun 4, 2014 - 10:45 AM   

Can you change your avatar, that picture is creepy

You've never seen Sleepaway Camp? Were you a youngster in the '80s or not a slasher flick fiend?

Watch it and get back to me. It'll be worth it. big grin

Yeah, that stuff was never my cup of tea, i could try maybe, with a blanket over my head - I do not like terror that much, call me crazy. If you give me a choice of slasher/horror picture or animated G/PG movie, I will pick the family movie every time.

Posted:   Jun 4, 2014 - 5:29 PM   

I agree the 98 GODZILLA was not GODZILLA[I don't know what it was, but at times it look like I was a watching an extension of Jurassic park. However this new one looks like GODZILLA to me, as DROP FORGE said, what was coming out of the 3d glasses BAMBI?. Everytime I think about the movie I get ants in the pants , got to see it in the movies again before it leaves. GREAT FILM.

Posted:   Jun 4, 2014 - 6:16 PM   

what was coming out of the 3d glasses BAMBI?

I already made it clear. A cross between an angry bear and a fat circus lady.

Posted:   Jun 4, 2014 - 6:51 PM   

Ok it was not a perfect replica of the old ones, but it was close enough. Did the FRANKENSTEIN MONSTER always looked the same in the Universal series?

Posted:   Jun 4, 2014 - 10:40 PM   

Epix just aired Godzilla vs. Mothra (1964, not the 90s version). I hadn't seen it in many moons. I caught the finale.

Okay, if you want something to really complain about in a Godzilla movie, this is it.

Godzilla gets owned at the end by two giant larvae. They hose him down with endless streams of silk and they don't seem to be affected too greatly by his atomic breath or the huge boulders he hurls at them with his tail. Granted, there's an element of magic at play, but it's not even a battle.

And just like at the end of the next movie (Godzilla vs. Monster Zero, the first appearance of King Ghidorah), Godzilla ends up rolling off a cliff into the ocean, making a huge splash before the larvae swim back to the mainland. Bad writing all around.