Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Dec 4, 2013 - 12:39 PM   
 By:   Thor   (Member)

Yeah, I had the same issue as others. Went to the regular site and so no difference except a HUGE cover on the right side. I thought to myself "WTF? This looks the same, only uglier!". Then I clicked the store link provided above, and understood a lot more! smile

A much cleaner look even though it follows a standard Wordpress format, it seems.

Posted:   Dec 4, 2013 - 12:46 PM   
 By:   Doug Raynes   (Member)

It looks fine on my tablet but not so good on my desktop with so much space left and right. I don't care for the menu fonts though.

Posted:   Dec 4, 2013 - 12:56 PM   
 By:   Yavar Moradi   (Member)

There were a few things I liked better about the previous version, but overall I like this new design quite a bit!

I'm happy about that, because very often when sites I like get redesigned I hate it. Don't like the new Moviemusic.com (though the service is great as ever) and after The Digital Bits was redone I stopped visiting...

Yavar

Posted:   Dec 4, 2013 - 3:05 PM   
 By:   JeffM   (Member)

I like it.

Posted:   Dec 4, 2013 - 3:07 PM   
 By:   Maleficio   (Member)

I don't care for it, prefer the original:

http://shopping.netsuite.com/intrada

Posted:   Dec 4, 2013 - 11:00 PM   
 By:   ChristianKühn   (Member)

Well, good thing they didn't ask you. Nobody ever should, really.

Posted:   Dec 4, 2013 - 11:19 PM   
 By:   SchiffyM   (Member)

after The Digital Bits was redone I stopped visiting...

Really? I thought that redesign was years overdue. The old one was hideous!

Posted:   Dec 4, 2013 - 11:20 PM   
 By:   Josh Mitchell   (Member)

Love the new design.

Posted:   Dec 5, 2013 - 4:14 AM   
 By:   Amer Zahid   (Member)

Yes absolutely wonderful and presentabel.

Posted:   Dec 5, 2013 - 4:19 AM   
 By:   Francis   (Member)

Like the new design but out of all the stores I find SAE's the easiest to navigate because of the categories and updates.

Posted:   Dec 5, 2013 - 12:40 PM   
 By:   Adm Naismith   (Member)

I like the new layout, but when I am shopping, I like to be able to list more than 20 items in a page (up to 75 is good).
Much of the new layout is fresher and more contemporary, but I still need to see as much of the merchandise on one page as possible.

Posted:   Dec 5, 2013 - 12:58 PM   
 By:   Hadrian   (Member)

Gorgeous redesign. I love it!

Posted:   Dec 5, 2013 - 1:20 PM   
 By:   tarasis   (Member)

I didn't see the new version at first, I went to Intrada.com which redirects to http://shopping.netsuite.com/intrada which looks a bit messed up at the moment with the huge cover.

The new store.intrada.com looks quite good though is a little slow to load.

Posted:   Dec 5, 2013 - 1:20 PM   
 By:   Basil Wrathbone   (Member)

Sorry, but I don't much like it.

Addressing just the landing page... there is nothing on it that is of any interest – how many times does someone want to see a standard paragraph telling us how old Intrada is and that they have an online store?

There needs to be something newsworthy on there. On the old site, even the few snippets of "Doug's Corner" on the front page suggested some news.

Looks more like a corporate facade exercise than an attempt to make the site more user friendly and enjoyable to visit. The old one felt like it was there to communicate with people and sell with some personality, while this one is just a store window that could have anyone's logo at the top.

And the reflection of the Intrada logo looks like Russian.

Posted:   Dec 5, 2013 - 6:17 PM   
 By:   Joe Sikoryak   (Member)

Thanks to everyone who has chimed in---we welcome all of your comments, because upgrading a legacy website is a lot of work, and subject to complications. Today's website is a work in progress and there's definitely refinements to come. Those refinements will be influenced by user's feedback, so if you are so inclined to use the site, and have suggestions, keep 'em coming. Intrada is listening.

Posted:   Dec 5, 2013 - 6:31 PM   
 By:   Warunsun   (Member)

New site looks fine to me. The old one was fine as well.

Posted:   Dec 5, 2013 - 7:52 PM   
 By:   ryankeaveney   (Member)

As a web designer (well someone pays me to do it — does that count?) I can tell you these kinds of projects are not easy. Store implementations are a pain in the ass. I think the new look is an improvement, however if Intrada could have adapted responsive design they might help out folks on release dates who are trying to scoop a limited title with only their smartphone.

I think Yavar mentioned The Digital Bits, and I have to agree with Mike, that site was a embarassment and almost impossible to use. The back button on your browser is not part of a designer's UI toolkit anymore...

Posted:   Dec 5, 2013 - 10:26 PM   
 By:   WillGoldNewtonBarryGrusin   (Member)

Love it!

Posted:   Dec 5, 2013 - 11:37 PM   
 By:   Anthony Marose   (Member)

One thing I'd like to see refined perhaps is the 'Featured Products' (Intrada's most recent) section being all the way at the bottom rather than the top, and of course the slow speed when browsing through that carousel-type listing.

Posted:   Dec 5, 2013 - 11:47 PM   
 By:   Jim Bailey   (Member)

I have no issues with it. Looks just fine to me..