Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Jul 28, 2014 - 7:05 AM   
 By:   Shock-Wave   (Member)

Soooooooooooo ordered.

wink

Posted:   Jul 28, 2014 - 7:07 AM   
 By:   The Mutant   (Member)

Predator 2 - complete

Posted:   Jul 28, 2014 - 7:15 AM   
 By:   Amer Zahid   (Member)

Predator 2 - complete

'PREDATOR 2 as most of us know through this board is forthcoming but IMHO it could most probably a non club Deluxe Edition release.

The Above Star Trek release will tie in well with the STAR TREK COMPENDIUM Blu ray re-issues of both the new STAR TREK movies in September. And with Into Darkness featuring an IMAX print and all those botched supplemental docs from the various editions and some extras.

Posted:   Jul 28, 2014 - 7:40 AM   
 By:   SchiffyM   (Member)

'PREDATOR 2 as most of us know through this board is forthcoming but IMHO it could most probably a non club Deluxe Edition release.

I believe non-Club deluxe editions are a thing of the past. The days when you could buy an expanded "Total Recall" or "Aliens" in a regular store are long gone. As, for that matter, are regular stores.

Posted:   Jul 28, 2014 - 7:43 AM   
 By:   Ado   (Member)

Shiffy is right, the limited score section is just about totally gone in stores like Target and BestBuy, and local stores, if there are any, are just about a thing of the past, or soon will be. It is almost an all internet market now, and more niche than ever.

Posted:   Jul 28, 2014 - 7:46 AM   

I believe non-Club deluxe editions are a thing of the past. The days when you could buy an expanded "Total Recall" or "Aliens" in a regular store are long gone. As, for that matter, are regular stores.

Possibly true. But I was thinking maybe its going to be out a bit early- because the next Varese club batch will probably around December but who knows.

Posted:   Jul 28, 2014 - 7:48 AM   
 By:   Mike Skerritt   (Member)

I'm intrigued because I liked a lot of what I heard in the movie, but I'm torn because I'm never watching the movie again unless Ludovico is involved. If I want to look more into this release without such a sacrifice, what are some of the unreleased highlights?

Posted:   Jul 28, 2014 - 8:16 AM   
 By:   LeHah   (Member)

Very happy with this, and with X-Files tomorrow from LLL - all is right in my world for a while.

Posted:   Jul 28, 2014 - 8:20 AM   
 By:   Yavar Moradi   (Member)

I will definitely buy this and I'm grateful to Varese for releasing it, but I will admit I do feel a slight twinge of disappointment not seeing Lukas Kendall as co-producer on this one, after Star Trek: Nemesis. I'm guessing that probably also means no Jeff Bond liner notes. frown

Yavar

Posted:   Jul 28, 2014 - 8:27 AM   
 By:   Sean Nethery   (Member)

I bought this instantly of course, since I have all the other expanded releases and after all, have to celebrate my fifth (gulp!) decade of trekkie-hood.

But I've just got to say that the original album is to me one of the very best soundtrack albums to come out in years. It is a terrific album that hits all the high points in the score and plays beautifully. For me it has the same strengths as Star Trek the Motion Picture as far as a compelling summation of the score (and better than Wrath of Khan because the Main Character's Death Music is included!).

This is really just a long winded way of saying both are worth owning!

Especially appreciate the long versions of Harrison and Vengeance at the end of the expanded release - that's what tips the balance to make this a must have for me.

Posted:   Jul 28, 2014 - 8:34 AM   
 By:   OneBuckFilms   (Member)

Well that was quick ... smile

I ordered this, of course, and look forward to finally hearing some of this awesome score in full away from the film.

Thanks Varese !!!!

Posted:   Jul 28, 2014 - 10:57 AM   

Especially appreciate the long versions of Harrison and Vengeance at the end of the expanded release - that's what tips the balance to make this a must have for me.

Same here these two ódes' are the show stoppers for me and form the core of the score. I Missed these on the OST issue but will be glad to have this on the DE.

Posted:   Jul 28, 2014 - 11:12 AM   
 By:   Trent B.   (Member)

Sadly - pass.
As I missed deluxe edition of first reboot film, I think that I'll finish my collection with first 10 films.

That's a bit of a stupid reason to skip it... anyways the Trek 09 D.E. was a bit half assed to begin with.

Regarding this release for STID it is nice to see and I...actually well my dad ordered me a copy (early birthday present) and looking forward to it!

Posted:   Jul 28, 2014 - 11:29 AM   
 By:   Ryan24   (Member)

I just Pre-order Star Trek Into Darkness The Deluxe Ed on Movie Music.com before it sold out it too bad I miss out Star Trek 09 The Deluxe Ed because got sold out so fast and I wish just release some more Deluxe Ed like Predator 2 The Deluxe Ed and Gremlins 2 The Deluxe Ed

Posted:   Jul 28, 2014 - 11:37 AM   
 By:   jchaney78   (Member)

Very happy with this, and with X-Files tomorrow from LLL - all is right in my world for a while.
Exactly! Well said...ordered STID Deluxe and cannot wait for LLL's X-Files Fight the Future.

Posted:   Jul 28, 2014 - 11:42 AM   
 By:   batman&robin   (Member)

Definitely a must buy for me!
Thank you, Varese!

Posted:   Jul 28, 2014 - 12:32 PM   
 By:   David (Giacchino-fan)   (Member)

W00t W00t. Yes Yes.

So glad to finally have a complete (or nearly, at least) score for Giacchino's fine entry to the Star Trek legacy. Also really happy the suites are added onto the end. Plus, no mention of a strange package in the description (which is a good sign) AND it's shipping this week! So happy about this one.

big grin

Posted:   Jul 28, 2014 - 12:39 PM   
 By:   Ford A. Thaxton   (Member)

I will definitely buy this and I'm grateful to Varese for releasing it, but I will admit I do feel a slight twinge of disappointment not seeing Lukas Kendall as co-producer on this one, after Star Trek: Nemesis. I'm guessing that probably also means no Jeff Bond liner notes. frown

Yavar

God forbid that Mr. Townsend who been producing soundtrack albums since the mid-1980's (more then decade before Mr. Kendall) should be involved in such a project that he helped the same record label release......

Do you get my point?

Ford A. Thaxton

Posted:   Jul 28, 2014 - 1:00 PM   
 By:   Smitty   (Member)

Predator 2 - complete

"We came so close!"

"Don't worry, asshole. You'll get another chance."

Posted:   Jul 28, 2014 - 1:00 PM   
 By:   OneBuckFilms   (Member)

Yavar

God forbid that Mr. Townsend who been producing soundtrack albums since the mid-1980's (more then decade before Mr. Kendall) should be involved in such a project that he helped the same record label release......

Do you get my point?

Ford A. Thaxton

While Mr. Townsend's accomplishments and producing skills are generally unquestioned, there are reasons for skepticism here.

There were some minor issues with the Star Trek Deluxe Edition release, including missing instrumental overlays, strange cross-track partitions, and missing choir (perfectly understandable due to union rules), as well as packaging that many do not like.

This, plus the outstanding value that Lukas Kendall et al. have brought to the complete Star Trek movie and TOS releases, means that this is a reasonable concern.

I'm not going to come to any judgement until the score is released, and I've seen the product myself, but the viewpoint is a valid one circumstantially, IMHO.