Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Nov 30, 2012 - 11:04 AM   
 By:   MusicMad   (Member)

Kicking myself for missing this by a good fortnight!

And for exchanging emails with you around that time without the penny dropping. What a terrible friend I am! Consider this an abject and public apology!

Hope you had a good one, full of Barry-like delights and family waiting hand-and-foot on you, as you deserve!

Chris

Hi,

No apology necessary ... and terrible is not a word I'd think of using. So kind of you to remember ... even if belatedly.

I don't recall playing any John Barry that day though it would be a very rare day if none was heard ... especially as I was at home most of the time.

As for family waiting hand-and-foot ... ... no comment!
smile
Mitch

NP: Anastasia Mio Fratello - Piero Piccioni

Posted:   Nov 12, 2013 - 12:14 PM   
 By:   Tall Guy   (Member)

Heh - got you again. Made a darn note of it this time, so I wouldn't be floundering a fortnight later like last year.

A very happy upcoming birthday to you, Mitch - and very many more. I probably try you a little at times smile but always appreciate your friendship and wise words.

Best

Chris

Posted:   Nov 12, 2013 - 12:51 PM   
 By:   Peter Greenhill   (Member)

Have a very Happy Birthday, Mitch!!

Posted:   Nov 12, 2013 - 1:49 PM   

You are too kind ... I was somewhat surprised to see the thread title!

Not much (enough) music at the moment but I did get to hear some Wagner, Bruckner and Mozart earlier today.

I'm waiting on a delivery from SAE but I don't expect it to arrive for my birthday. I might get some John Williams/BPO CDs I've ordered (very cheap!) and who knows ... maybe a surprise.

Thanks again!

Though, TG, I don't recognise either of the references to try and wise words.

Mitch

Posted:   Nov 12, 2013 - 2:52 PM   
 By:   neotrinity   (Member)

"Well, Ya Shee, Mitch-o's Off Celebrating, So He Sends Hish Regards and Asked Me to, um, Pinch
-Hit for Him! big grin" Department:

smile smile

Posted:   Nov 13, 2013 - 12:14 AM   

Cheers, Neo, but seeing a scene like that might give me the wrong idea ... smile

A bright frosty morning here ... it should be a pleasant day - once the frost has disappeared. I hope all who read this - and those that don't - have a lovely day.

Mitch

Posted:   Nov 13, 2013 - 11:47 AM   
 By:   BillCarson   (Member)

So does that make you 53 this year??
happy birthday old bean, jolly good show. - gotta say that in a terry-thomas voice or edward fox.

Posted:   Nov 13, 2013 - 1:44 PM   

So does that make you 53 this year??
happy birthday old bean, jolly good show. - gotta say that in a terry-thomas voice or edward fox.

Only if you can't count. smile

But I thank you for the good wishes, nonetheless.

Looking back over this aged thread I see I referred to my youth re: first LPs ... and now where are we? We've had Geoff Love's Big War Movie Themes for a couple of years and Big Western Movie Themes just released.

Nothing like going back to one's childhood!

Mitch

Posted:   Nov 13, 2013 - 3:05 PM   
 By:   BillCarson   (Member)

As confessed before, its them wot started me off mitch.

i think Geoff and mfp was a route many young collectors went back in 1972!!!