Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Nov 4, 2008 - 4:21 AM   
 By:   Jehannum   (Member)

I didn't know he was a fellow Scorpio.

They say one in twelve film composers is a Scorpio. Amazing coincidence.

Posted:   Nov 4, 2008 - 4:24 AM   
 By:   c3p007   (Member)

Even though I am - in general - not a big fan of his music or his approach to the medium, there is no questioning his legendary status in film music history. Any man who has achieved what he has, deserves lots of respect.

So here are birthday wishes from me as well!

Idiot

you couldn't even give a simple birthday wish without having a dig at the guy "I'm not a big fan but happy birthday"

This thread is about Sir John's birthday and not about you.

Posted:   Nov 4, 2008 - 5:26 AM   
 By:   Thor   (Member)

Idiot

you couldn't even give a simple birthday wish without having a dig at the guy "I'm not a big fan but happy birthday"

What's your problem with that? I thought it was an honest and at the same time nice greeting. If anyone is turning this into something about ME, it's you. Let's keep this on Barry's birtday.

Posted:   Nov 4, 2008 - 12:10 PM   
 By:   neotrinity   (Member)

CeePee - whilst your indignation is well and truly noted, let's cut our good-natured Asgardian some slack, willya?

Actually, Thor-ski - and you're well aware there are few boosters of John who can out ballyhoo us where Da Guv'nor's concerned - we feel you conducted yourself with class. Plus we owe ya a drink whenever we're in the same Valhalla pub ... wink

Posted:   Nov 4, 2008 - 12:20 PM   
 By:   Timmer   (Member)

The very first record I ever bought was the 45 rpm single for THE PERSUADERS, I was about 10 years old and The Persuaders was my favourite TV show and was also a hit single in the British charts at that time, it would still be another three years before I really discovered film music but the seeds really took root right there and then.

Posted:   Nov 5, 2008 - 6:20 AM   

U've Come An Awfully Auspiciously Lonnnngggg Way,

J.B. Babeeee
Department:

smile

Posted:   Nov 5, 2008 - 10:45 AM   

Idiot

What's your problem with that? I thought it was an honest and at the same time nice greeting. If anyone is turning this into something about ME, it's you. Let's keep this on Barry's birtday.

My problem? you're a twat, that's my problem

Posted:   Nov 5, 2008 - 10:46 AM   

CeePee - whilst your indignation is well and truly noted, let's cut our good-natured Asgardian some slack, willya?

Actually, Thor-ski - and you're well aware there are few boosters of John who can out ballyhoo us where Da Guv'nor's concerned - we feel you conducted yourself with class. Plus we owe ya a drink whenever we're in the same Valhalla pub ... wink

And you can shut up while I'm at it!

Don't go bailing out mister freaky bighead from the land time forgot!

Posted:   Nov 5, 2008 - 10:57 AM   

Yo, bucko, give it a rest.

You've had your say and you've taken your swings: basta.

This is a celebratory thread and right now you're revealing far more about yourself than you may realize so we suggest you either cool it, bail out and don't come back until you learn some manners.

This isn't about your name-calling or Thor's opinions: it's about John -

and if you retain any real RESPECT for John - forget about the rest of us non-entities - you'll conduct yourself with the proper restraint.

That is if there's any room for it next to your shameful tirade.

But be warned: do it again and we'll ask Sharps to ban you from THIS thread once and for all.

So much for glad birthday tidings ...

Posted:   Nov 5, 2008 - 11:00 AM   

Yo, bucko, give it a rest.

You've had your say and you've taken your swings: basta.

This is a celebratory thread and right now you're revealing far more about yourself than you may realize so we suggest you either cool it, bail out and don't come back until you learn some manners.

This isn't about your name-calling or Thor's opinions: it's about John -

and if you retain any real RESPECT for John - forget about the rest of us non-entities - you'll conduct yourself with the proper restraint.

That is if there's any room for it next to your shameful tirade.

But be warned: I touch kids and I will do it again and we'll ask Sharps to ban you from THIS thread once and for all.

So much for glad birthday tidings ...

Look you may think I will listen to you when you order me about - you'd be wrong son.

I dont care if this thread is deleted - or if i am deleted.

Posted:   Nov 5, 2008 - 11:04 AM   

We don't give orders or sling mud, Peewee: that's your department.

And it's odiously obvious you don't care about what's deleted: that's your disgrace ...

Posted:   Nov 5, 2008 - 11:10 AM   

"Yo, bucko, give it a rest."

dur dur brain - stoopid dur dur

don't you think the above was an order you fat fucking cunt?

Whats the matter? Your fat cheeks getting in the way of your eyes so you can't read?

Or maybe the overflow of fat fuck cells in your body has given you early dementia?

Either way you're just some internet nobody that loves to defend everybody.

I hate you almost as much as I hate Thor
"ooh look at me I've been on TV - I have an opinion on everything and CANNOT accept that someone will challenge me someday" fuck off Asterix! You too Neo-twat or what ever you're called.

Slags both of you

Posted:   Nov 5, 2008 - 12:25 PM   
 By:   Sarge   (Member)

c3p007... you are a prime example of an "internet nobody" - the type who talks big and brave on a message board, but is obviously a shriveled, cowardly wretch in real life.

You're pathetic, and you should be banned from this message board.

Posted:   Nov 5, 2008 - 12:42 PM   
 By:   Thor   (Member)

"Yo, bucko, give it a rest."

dur dur brain - stoopid dur dur

don't you think the above was an order you fat fucking cunt?

Whats the matter? Your fat cheeks getting in the way of your eyes so you can't read?

Or maybe the overflow of fat fuck cells in your body has given you early dementia?

I hate you almost as much as I hate Thor
"ooh look at me I've been on TV - I have an opinion on everything and CANNOT accept that someone will challenge me someday" fuck off Asterix! You too Neo-twat or what ever you're called.

Slags both of you

Ouch.

I took you seriously at first, but now I know I shouldn't. If it had been any other thread, I would have happily ignored your trolling, but I think it puts a bad stain on an eloquent tribute thread to one of our time's greatest film composers (irrespective of whether I like his music or not). I don't care if you're using drugs or having a bad day or suffer from a psychosis. It's a disgrace.

Please, Sheriff, do your business.

Posted:   Nov 5, 2008 - 2:55 PM   
 By:   SheriffJoe   (Member)

Why thank you, my Norweigan friend, I think I shall.

Yo, c3p007, consider yourself officially warned. Please keep your "hate" to yourself or take it to another board permanantly. Your remarks were not only offensive to Thor, but to the originator of this thread and to myself.

This is a thread about Maestro Barry and warm wishes to him for having survived another year on this planet. There was absolutely NO need to attack Thor...none whatsoever. Your comments after that were, simply put, disgusting.

Neither Lukas, myself, nor FSM as an entity approve of your message and will cut you off from making more of the same should they continue in the same vein.

Please remain respectful...and if you find that you cannot do so, say nothing at all. Your choice is to either do so on your own or with help.

Thanks for listening.

SheriffJoe

Posted:   Nov 5, 2008 - 6:05 PM   

Even though I am - in general - not a big fan of his music or his approach to the medium, there is no questioning his legendary status in film music history. Any man who has achieved what he has, deserves lots of respect.

So here are birthday wishes from me as well!

And nicely said. I really see no problem in what you wrote here.

I don't know where your vitriol comes from C3p007? I can only think that your life must be bad right now if you need to vent such strong feelings, and words such as 'hate' towards two fine members of this board and I sncerely hope things start looking up for you, you need some happiness in your life.

Posted:   Nov 6, 2008 - 5:39 AM   
 By:   Tall Guy   (Member)

When it’s over, we’ll endeavor to have the entire year-long salute delivered to him so he can witness first hand why, for some of us,

I'd love to see his face when he reads all this... big grin

A well-deserved birthday to a fellow (but slightly more ilustrious) Yorkshireman

Posted:   Nov 6, 2008 - 5:40 AM   
 By:   Tall Guy   (Member)

If something's worth saying, it's worth saying twice!

Posted:   Nov 6, 2008 - 5:55 AM   

If something's worth saying, it's worth saying twice!

big grin

Posted:   Nov 6, 2008 - 7:16 AM   

What We Wanna Know Is Department:

How many of our

across the pond companeros

go all the way back

to these aborning musical beginnings? ... wink