Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Sep 24, 2012 - 12:51 PM   
 By:   Valiant65   (Member)

Those samples are just gorgeous. Already ordered. What a gem!

Posted:   Sep 24, 2012 - 1:18 PM   
 By:   James MacMillan   (Member)

Been waiting many years for this! Terrific stuff. WHAT a main title!

Bruce, will you be adding the AFM personnel list for this one on your web-site? Be interesting to discover who played what on this particular session...

Thanks, James.

Posted:   Sep 24, 2012 - 1:19 PM   
 By:   haineshisway   (Member)

Been waiting many years for this! Terrific stuff. WHAT a main title!

Bruce, will you be adding the AFM personnel list for this one on your web-site? Be interesting to discover who played what on this particular session...

Thanks, James.

Yes, the AFM list will be up as soon as they get it to us.

Posted:   Sep 24, 2012 - 1:50 PM   
 By:   CLaFong99   (Member)

YOWZA! This is my kind of music! Vintage Bernstein. Great Samples. Great Score!

Posted:   Sep 24, 2012 - 3:47 PM   
 By:   Morricone   (Member)

It's really nice that we now have some more music from Barry's KING KONG.
But Elmer Bernstein's original tracks from THE RAT RACE heard for the first time away from the movie?
NOW THAT IS EXCITING!
Thanks, Kritzerland!

Posted:   Sep 24, 2012 - 4:34 PM   
 By:   George Komar   (Member)

Every one of the recent Kritzerland releases is a bullseye. (I've been listening lately to many of my older KL albums - and they're all knockouts.)

Great score. Great sound. Great Bernstein.

Posted:   Sep 24, 2012 - 6:17 PM   

It's really nice that we now have some more music from Barry's KING KONG.
But Elmer Bernstein's original tracks from THE RAT RACE heard for the first time away from the movie?
NOW THAT IS EXCITING!
Thanks, Kritzerland!

Unfortunate timing, with only a few hours for people to bask in the Bernstein before being diverted elsewhere. I'm excited to hear better sound quality for Kong, but nothing excites me like a world premiere Elmer release. I wish they'd waited another day or so, but nothing wrong with two great releases in one day.

Posted:   Sep 24, 2012 - 6:35 PM   
 By:   Anthony Marose   (Member)

Hey, Bruce--if you're going to keep churning out these great Bernstein titles, get working on Funny Farm. I like the mood of that one. I'll buy it; I'll thank you ... when it's here. wink

Posted:   Sep 25, 2012 - 12:58 AM   

I will release any Elmer that I can get my hot little Kritzerland hands on.

Posted:   Sep 25, 2012 - 1:35 AM   
 By:   RM Eastman   (Member)

I want to get my hot hands on "THE MIRACLE" and a complete "DESIRE UNDER THE ELMS"

and anything else by the great Elmer Bernstein.

Posted:   Sep 25, 2012 - 1:45 AM   
 By:   quiller007   (Member)

For me, the creme de la creme of as yet-unreleased 60's and 70's prime Bernstein are:
SUDDEN FEAR; BABY THE RAIN MUST FALL; THE CARPETBAGGERS; THE SILENCERS;
SEE NO EVIL; WHERE'S JACK?

There's really not much left, is there?

Den

Posted:   Sep 25, 2012 - 6:28 AM   
 By:   Josh "Swashbuckler" Gizelt   (Member)

I like it. I like it a lot.

Posted:   Sep 25, 2012 - 10:05 AM   
 By:   Morricone   (Member)

For me, the creme de la creme of as yet-unreleased 60's and 70's prime Bernstein are:

Den

For me you would have to add THE INCREDIBLE SARAH, FIVE DAYS ONE SUMMER, I LOVE YOU ALICE B TOKLAS, AMAZING MR. BLUNDEN, THE CHOSEN, the adaptation MR. QUILP and his TV work on RIVERBOAT and CAPTAINS AND THE KINGS to those essentials. And I am not going to negate all those scores on IMDB that I've never heard because amongst all those there has to be a gem or two.

Posted:   Sep 25, 2012 - 10:17 AM   

Den

For me you would have to add THE INCREDIBLE SARAH, FIVE DAYS ONE SUMMER, I LOVE YOU ALICE B TOKLAS, AMAZING MR. BLUNDEN, THE CHOSEN, the adaptation MR. QUILP and his TV work on RIVERBOAT and CAPTAINS AND THE KINGS to those essentials. And I am not going to negate all those scores on IMDB that I've never heard because amongst all those there has to be a gem or two.

I guess I can say we have one more Elmer coming for sure.

Posted:   Sep 25, 2012 - 10:23 AM   
 By:   JB Fan   (Member)

Bruce, can this happens, that you'll start shipping more earlier (like with Martha Ivers)?
I pre-odered this fantastic score with Kong and now I'm afraid that package will not arrive before Nov. 3 (great date to listen Kong, isn't it?)

Posted:   Sep 25, 2012 - 11:01 AM   

Bruce, can this happens, that you'll start shipping more earlier (like with Martha Ivers)?
I pre-odered this fantastic score with Kong and now I'm afraid that package will not arrive before Nov. 3 (great date to listen Kong, isn't it?)

We're hoping to have Rat Race in by the end of next week, actually.

Posted:   Sep 25, 2012 - 11:12 AM   
 By:   JB Fan   (Member)

We're hoping to have Rat Race in by the end of next week, actually.

That's will be fine! So many good scores will come - and it's pleasant that we have Elmer among others!

Posted:   Sep 25, 2012 - 12:52 PM   
 By:   PFK   (Member)

Another great realease Bruce. My favorite Elmer period is the 1950s and 1960s. Ordered!

Posted:   Sep 25, 2012 - 1:05 PM   

Another great realease Bruce. My favorite Elmer period is the 1950s and 1960s. Ordered!

My favorite Elmer periods, too.

Posted:   Sep 25, 2012 - 2:35 PM   
 By:   PFK   (Member)

Bruce, you might find it interesting that in 1960 it was The Magnificent Seven score that made me a life-long soundtrack fan. In the 1960s Elmer had a lot of LPs available, I bought them all.

Back in the 60s I only had one theme from Rat Race, Girl Named Tamiko, By Love Possessed, From the Terrace etc. Now, 50 years later, I'm getting the whole scores! Never thought I would see the day. Thanks to you and the other producers! smile