Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Oct 12, 2012 - 10:59 AM   
 By:   David (Giacchino-fan)   (Member)

As far as Tyler it won't matter if the producers or director insists on heavy metal music, because after all he is an "Iron" Man.

That's my main concern. I hope it's not a bunch of "This is rock music, so you KNOW he's cool!" stuff. Marvel has already shown us that Tony Stark is a pretty cool guy, so to give him a nice, even heroic theme (especially after his story arc in The Avengers) would 'suit' him well (see what I did there?). wink
Either way, I'm still anticipating this score, as I know that Tyler has got the talent... hopefully Shane Black lets him unleash his creativity on this on!

Posted:   Oct 12, 2012 - 11:13 AM   
 By:   Buscemi   (Member)

Shane Black should give Tyler enough space to flourish. He was very impressed with what Ottman came up with on Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang.

Posted:   Oct 12, 2012 - 12:17 PM   
 By:   maximus_rh   (Member)

I've no doubt Shane black would love a great score but marvel are probably the ones calling shots here. I doubt if the director and composer had their way the Thor score would sound as Zimmery as it does (I like that score actually, but it was obviously following the studio's mandate, not Branagh or Doyle's)

Posted:   Oct 12, 2012 - 12:20 PM   
 By:   ddddeeee   (Member)

I've no doubt Shane black would love a great score but marvel are probably the ones calling shots here. I doubt if the director and composer had their way the Thor score would sound as Zimmery as it does (I like that score actually, but it was obviously following the studio's mandate, not Branagh or Doyle's)

Doyle has said plenty of times that it was a conscious decision by himself and Branagh. Admittedly Marvel did end up meddling in the process but Doyle said he and Branagh decided that it was going to be "modern" from the beginning.

Posted:   Oct 13, 2012 - 12:46 AM   
 By:   Adam Krysinski   (Member)

+

=

Posted:   Oct 13, 2012 - 1:02 AM   
 By:   D-G   (Member)

WI have not cared for either of the first two Iron Man scores. What the films have needed IMHO is an EXPENDABLES type of film score. Modern sounding, but still retain themes and orchestra.

I didn't realize Expendables had a score. Was hard to hear over Stallone's mumbling and the gunfire and the explosions.

And what the movies from the Marvel machinery do, in fact, need is only the very same they've gotten so far: background noise. The composer doesn't really matter. There's not one Marvel score that's somewhat memorable. Perhaps the best was Danny Elfman's for Spider-Man, but that was before Marvel erected its gigantic machine with Marvel Studios. And I doubt that Tyler will turn this all around.

Posted:   Oct 13, 2012 - 2:47 AM   

"Brian Tyler Nabs Iron Man 3 after Settling Scores from Spielberg to Universal" - newest interview with Brian:

http://303magazine.com/2012/10/brian-tyler-nabs-iron-man-3-after-settling-scores-from-spielberg-to-universal/

Posted:   Dec 14, 2012 - 10:52 PM   

The official trailer is amazing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EjG-1U3wqA

Posted:   Dec 15, 2012 - 1:19 PM   
 By:   yonythemoony   (Member)

Ok, so Spider-Man 3, X-Men: The Last Stand and First Class, Captain America, Iron Man 2 (Debney finally prooving his worth outside of comedy films), The Avengers, The Amazing Spider-man (which it could have been made by any MV composer instead of Horner), both of them being orchestral, emotional and thematic superhero scores aren't memorable? If they aren't, then what can be memorable??

Posted:   Dec 15, 2012 - 2:07 PM   
 By:   Deadwalker   (Member)

Ok, so Spider-Man 3, X-Men: The Last Stand and First Class, Captain America, Iron Man 2 (Debney finally prooving his worth outside of comedy films), The Avengers, The Amazing Spider-man (which it could have been made by any MV composer instead of Horner), both of them being orchestral, emotional and thematic superhero scores aren't memorable? If they aren't, then what can be memorable??

Spider-Man 3 is a good score.

The Amazing Spider-Man was so bad I gave my cd away.

Posted:   Dec 17, 2012 - 10:08 PM   
 By:   MClayton   (Member)

I was wondering that as well. Tyler's fine, but leaves me a bit cold mostly, so I was hoping Ottman would get this. Even if the studio would have allowed it (I'm certainly not saying they wouldn't!) he'd likely be too busy editing and scoring Jack the Giant Killer for its March release to get involved with this one.

Ottman has already finished scoring and editing "Jack" for WB/New Line. Singer is involved with the final sound mix right now... all the movie needs is a MPAA rating and it's good to go.

And since Singer is directing "X-Men: Days of Future Past" (which begins shooting April 2013), Ottman would be tied up with that film too. It's a matter of schedule conflicts.

The Spider-Man and X-Men films were not produced by Marvel Studios. Marvel had a consulting role in those films and got a percentage of the profits, but they did not finance and personally supervise the making of those pics. Those were Sony and Fox's doing, not theirs.

Posted:   Dec 17, 2012 - 11:35 PM   
 By:   Peter Atterberg   (Member)

"Brian Tyler Nabs Iron Man 3 after Settling Scores from Spielberg to Universal" - newest interview with Brian:

http://303magazine.com/2012/10/brian-tyler-nabs-iron-man-3-after-settling-scores-from-spielberg-to-universal/

That's really awesome, enjoyed the read, thanks.

Brian Tyler scoring can only mean great things.

Posted:   Dec 18, 2012 - 12:10 AM   

You're welcome smile

Posted:   Feb 3, 2013 - 5:13 AM   

The score on CD will be released on April 30, 2013 by Hollywood Records.

Pre-order now on Amazon!

http://www.amazon.com/Iron-Man-3-CD-Weblink/dp/B00B9JDAYO/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1359897008&sr=1-1

Posted:   Feb 3, 2013 - 5:46 AM   
 By:   David (Giacchino-fan)   (Member)

Since it's Hollywood Records, this should be the score, right? I remember there were 2 Iron Man 2 soundtracks out - 1 of the score, the other AC/DC music.

Posted:   Feb 3, 2013 - 5:43 PM   
 By:   goldsmither   (Member)

Since it's Hollywood Records, this should be the score, right? I remember there were 2 Iron Man 2 soundtracks out - 1 of the score, the other AC/DC music.

Here is a inspired album from Hollywood records. So that is a score album.

http://www.amazon.com/Iron-Man-Inspired-Album-Weblink/dp/B00B7U5N18/

Posted:   Feb 4, 2013 - 11:39 AM   

Well, as I said before smile Score of the year is coming!!! cool

Posted:   Feb 4, 2013 - 11:43 AM   
 By:   Erik Woods   (Member)

Well, as I said before smile Score of the year is coming!!! cool

I know... Abel Korzeniowski's ESCAPE FROM TOMORROW is great, isn't it?

-Erik-

Posted:   Feb 11, 2013 - 6:21 PM   

Tyler has recorded the score with the London Philarmonic at Abbey Road, and this is what he mentioned about it:

"Actually, going for a thematic orchestral-choral score. The London Phil has a classic sound and really brings an epic vibe."

Posted:   Feb 11, 2013 - 6:33 PM   

Spider-Man 3 is a good score.

The Amazing Spider-Man was so bad I gave my cd away.

Are you joking? It was a fully old-school orchestral and thematic score, if the rumours of Gregson-Williams we're true, then we would had another Wolverine. So I'll say this again:

If Spider-Man 3, X-Men: The Last Stand and First Class, Captain America, Iron Man 2, The Avengers, and especially The Amazing Spider-man, both of them being orchestral, emotional and thematic superhero scores aren't memorable? If they weren't, then what can be memorable to you??