Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Feb 14, 2013 - 7:31 PM   
 By:   CindyLover   (Member)

No idea, but I booked mine already.

Posted:   Feb 15, 2013 - 4:19 AM   
 By:   crocodile   (Member)

They're selling out quite fast. Bought mine this morning. smile

Karol

Posted:   Feb 15, 2013 - 9:22 AM   
 By:   Rich McGann   (Member)

The thought of seeing James Horner on the Friday in Vienna and then travelling back to the UK to see Danny Elfman at the RAH on the following Monday throws up new levels of AWESOME!!!
I bloody can't wait! smile

The Missus bought me tickets for Elfman for Valentine's Day ... about time I caught a performance like this ... looking forward to it. smile

Posted:   Feb 15, 2013 - 9:31 AM   
 By:   Thor   (Member)

I don't think I've ever been to a film music event with such a huge group with a connection to yours truly.

Lots of people here at FSM, lots of people at maintitles.net and even three of my Norwegian acquaintances.

Posted:   Feb 15, 2013 - 12:42 PM   
 By:   Uwe Sperlich   (Member)

Hooray!
WOW, that was the most spontaneous concert decision & purchase ever! Saw the concert date here this afternoon, decided to go 20 minutes ago, just purchased my tickets! Boy, these tickets are selling fast... we only got tickets in the Front Circle (Circle U, Row 4) for £42.50
I would've paid more for the lower circles...
Anyway I'm very happy! And it'll be my first concert at Royal Albert Hall as well. And my birthday is on the next day! Now I think it can't get any better than this :-)

Posted:   Feb 15, 2013 - 5:04 PM   
 By:   MattyO   (Member)

I'm trying to book a ticket on the Royal Albert Hall website but keep getting an error message. It's very frustrating! Has anyone else had this problem? I am booking from Australia!

Posted:   Feb 16, 2013 - 2:53 AM   
 By:   Dr Lenera   (Member)

An hour and a half on the trains to the Albert Hall for me? A no-brainer I think!!!!!

Posted:   Feb 16, 2013 - 3:08 AM   
 By:   Peter Greenhill   (Member)

I wasn't the greatest Danny Elfman fan but in recent years have really started to enjoy his music so was very happy to book for this event, on Thursday. Web site worked really well, a vey smooth booking experience. Certainly a great event to look forward to, this Autumn.

Posted:   Feb 16, 2013 - 7:15 AM   
 By:   Deivid DiGiel   (Member)

What do you think about the BBC Orchestra? I´ve read is just 50 players. Too small for an Elfman concert? (you know, Batman needs room!)

Posted:   Feb 16, 2013 - 8:06 AM   
 By:   random guy   (Member)

hopefully they release a blu ray for those of us that can't make it. *wipes tear*

Posted:   Feb 16, 2013 - 11:40 AM   

What do you think about the BBC Orchestra? I´ve read is just 50 players. Too small for an Elfman concert? (you know, Batman needs room!)

I've seen BBC Orchestra in action a couple of times and on both occasions the ensemble was larger than that. They are a solid band. Not as great as the other London orchestras, but surely respectable.

Karol

I've seen BBC Orchestra in action a couple of times and on both occasions the ensemble was larger than that. They are a solid band. Not as great as the other London orchestras, but surely respectable.

Karol

Karol

Posted:   Feb 16, 2013 - 1:27 PM   
 By:   Kev McGann   (Member)

By: Rich McGann (Member)
"The Missus bought me tickets for Elfman for Valentine's Day ... about time I caught a performance like this ... looking forward to it."
----------------------------------
Great to hear Rich.
As well as looking like being a major UK FSM get-together, it will also be a minor Nat West old-boys meet-up too! smile

Posted:   Feb 16, 2013 - 1:50 PM   
 By:   Thor   (Member)

When the date draws nearer, we have to draw up the logistics of a huge get-together -- there are people I know from FSM, maintitles, jwfan, MFADT and even three Norwegian friends of mine that are coming!

Posted:   Feb 16, 2013 - 5:15 PM   
 By:   Gold Digger   (Member)

Is the Vienna event an actual James Horner concert? Or just an awards event.

Posted:   Feb 17, 2013 - 1:43 AM   
 By:   Lhurgoyf   (Member)

Guys, if you are still on the fence with this concert, decide fast. Basically, all the tiers are sold out, except the second one from the top - maybe 150 seats are still available at this moment. They will be surely gone by tomorrow.

I bought my tickets just now, I'm looking forward to visit London!

Posted:   Feb 17, 2013 - 2:28 AM   
 By:   Rich McGann   (Member)

By: Rich McGann (Member)
"The Missus bought me tickets for Elfman for Valentine's Day ... about time I caught a performance like this ... looking forward to it."
Great to hear Rich.
As well as looking like being a major UK FSM get-together, it will also be a minor Nat West old-boys meet-up too! smile

I'll look out for you, Kev!
Excuse my other half if she looks disinterested ... not really her bag .. poor naive young pup!!

Posted:   Feb 17, 2013 - 8:10 AM   
 By:   Kev McGann   (Member)

"I'll look out for you, Kev!
Excuse my other half if she looks disinterested ... not really her bag .. poor naive young pup"
--------------------------------------------
Haha. Well, at least she's tagging along with you. Mine said it would be a waste of a ticket, for all the interest she has in films and music.
It's a good job I've got some trusty soundtrack mates who I can travel and drink beer with, otherwise I'd be a right lonely boy! wink

Posted:   Feb 17, 2013 - 9:35 AM   
 By:   CindyLover   (Member)

hopefully they release a blu ray for those of us that can't make it. *wipes tear*

I wouldn't hold my breath...