Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Jul 16, 2013 - 6:44 PM   
 By:   sr-miller   (Member)

It is a little strange to hear "Rat Patrol" music at the rodeo (who would ever notice?)

Posted:   Jul 17, 2013 - 12:41 AM   
 By:   (Member)   (Member)

It is a little strange to hear "Rat Patrol" music at the rodeo (who would ever notice?)

It's the other way around: it is a little strange to hear "Stoney Burke" music in the desert, my dear Troy.

The Blind Man's Bluff Raid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyYdIlx5kAU&feature=player_detailpage#t=15m25s

You can hear the sad love music from "To Catch the Kaiser" used on TOL's "The Guests" at 15:25.

Posted:   Sep 1, 2013 - 9:00 AM   
 By:   wes3inPA   (Member)

This just makes me want to have a Stoney Burke soundtrack CD even more ... while I very much enjoyed La La Land's Rat Patrol CD, it seems incomplete without a lot of the tracks heard on SB. La La Land, can you give this a consideration? This would be a great addition to the wonderful work you've done in releasing Dominic Frontiere's music.

Posted:   Sep 1, 2013 - 9:25 AM   

Apart from "The Rat Patrol" which recycled re-recorded cues from "Stoney Burke",
another series did it: "The Fugitive" and during its final season.
Read the cue list for the first episode that tracked Dominic Frontiere's Daystar music.

Tonight’s Episode: THE SHARP EDGE OF CHIVALRY

TEASER

scene: In the room of the female victim, Lt. Sloan gets up and asks Kimble as Baker his ID.
cue: Dominic Frontiere’s electric bass guitar sniper theme from STONEY BURKE’s “Point of Entry”. (Not used in the actual Act II scene)

ACT I

scene: Kimble comes out the trash can in the street and resumes to the building. Hidden under the staircase, Roger Roland eavesdrops and stares at a kissing couple.
cue: Dominic Frontiere’s “Point of Honor” (Lee Anne Hewitt love theme) from "Stoney Burke".

ACT II

scene: Opening Act – Roger cleans up the murder weapon in the room of the janitor.
cue: Dominic Frontiere’s “Point of Honor” (tense martial theme for Soames Hewitt) from "Stoney Burke".

scene: Kimble leaves the janitor’s room when he hears the police siren and hides under the staircase.
cue: Dominic Frontiere’s music from STONEY BURKE’s “The Contender”.

scene: Kimble comes out of the building, sees the police roadblock in the street and resumes to the building.
cue: Dominic Frontiere’s electric bass guitar sniper theme from STONEY BURKE’s “Point of Entry”.

scene: The police knocks on the door of the janitor’s room while Kimble hides the murder weapon in the vent.
cue: Dominic Frontiere’s electric bass guitar sniper theme from STONEY BURKE’s “Point of Entry”.

scene: Kimble comes out by the window and hides in the other apartment balcony.

ACT III

scene: Opening Act – Kimble is still hiding in the balcony.

scene: In the janitor room along with Lt. Gerard, Lt. Sloan finds the hidden murder weapon – Kimble travels through the balconies and stops by Mrs. Murdock.

scene: In the laundry basement, Roger attacks Mrs. Turney.
cue: Dominic Frontiere’s fast music from STONEY BURKE’s “Point of Honor”.

scene: In the laundry basement, Kimble carries shocked Mrs. Turney who rejects his help.

ACT IV

scene: Opening Act – Lt. Gerard talks to a cop and moves towards the entrance of the building.

scene: Coming out of the building, Roger runs away from the police.

scene: Along with Lt. Gerard, Lt. Sloan rushes to the apartment of Edward Roland who lets them in and picks up his son.
cue: Dominic Frontiere’s music from STONEY BURKE’s “The Journey”.

Posted:   Sep 1, 2013 - 5:11 PM   

I will have to listen to the cited episodes when I can. The pieces I most wanted to hear on The Rat Patrol CD ... at that point, I was unaware of this recycled music ... were used in The Zanti Misfits, when the car was traveling in the desert ... and, in The Rat Patrol, the cue usually used when German tanks were on the move. It seems such a military-like piece that I had trouble believing it was not specifically composed for TRP.

Posted:   Sep 2, 2013 - 1:14 PM   

I will have to listen to the cited episodes when I can. The pieces I most wanted to hear on The Rat Patrol CD ... at that point, I was unaware of this recycled music ... were used in The Zanti Misfits, when the car was traveling in the desert ... and, in The Rat Patrol, the cue usually used when German tanks were on the move. It seems such a military-like piece that I had trouble believing it was not specifically composed for TRP.

The Zanti Misfits cue with a martial leaning if from a "Stoney Burke" episode entitled "Point of Honor".
Leave me your e-mail adress and I will send you a SB report.
"The Rat Patrol" also contains other library cues.

Posted:   Sep 2, 2013 - 3:47 PM   

The Zanti Misfits cue with a martial leaning if from a "Stoney Burke" episode entitled "Point of Honor".
Leave me your e-mail adress and I will send you a SB report.
"The Rat Patrol" also contains other library cues.

Thanks. It's wes3here@gmail.com

Posted:   Sep 6, 2013 - 8:07 AM   

"Cody Bristol, son of a pistol, cock and ready to fire."
—Ves Painter (actor Warren Oates) from "Flight Night".