Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Sep 17, 2013 - 8:22 AM   
 By:   The Projectionist   (Member)

Personally if I was missing a disc I'd be so worked up that come here and post about it too! But thats not evidence that I hadn't already thought of the idea to contact the label first.

BTW is the word disk or disc? I thought disks were those 3 1/2" floppys that we stuck in our computers 25 years ago.

Posted:   Sep 17, 2013 - 8:45 AM   
 By:   Kim Tong   (Member)

I want to thank Ken for posting this to notifying us that his CD had a problem. I had purchased WYATT EARP but have not had the time to open it. I have opened it (all is fine) and I am listening to it now. Great score that I overlooked the first time. Yes, you should contact the company where you purchased it from, but I also like when people post their issues here to let others know, sorry labels. This is a message board, can we not ask questions when we have concerns? All the labels have representatives here, but it seems a few have nothing better to do then monitor this board 24/7.

Kim Tong

Posted:   Sep 17, 2013 - 8:53 AM   
 By:   Octoberman   (Member)

In Ken's second post he clearly and reasonably explained why he created the thread. He was curious. And yet some of you still took him to task for it.

While I was away did everyone take a vote and decide to outlaw normal human curiosity or musing?

This behavior is becoming way too typical of the board. Instead of just answering a question that was asked, the responses simply crap on the question.
Except for a few of you and I'm very happy to see that.

But the rest... man, some of you need to push yourselves away and go interact with the real world for a few hours.

Posted:   Sep 17, 2013 - 8:53 AM   
 By:   Peter Greenhill   (Member)

Thanks to Ken for alerting me to this issue. I received Wyatt Earp last week but sadly haven't yet had a chance to open and play it. I've just checked mine and thankfully it's fine.

What a great score!

Posted:   Sep 17, 2013 - 8:58 AM   
 By:   Ron Pulliam   (Member)

I agree with Ford. Communication with La-La Land is the route to take. It's really up to them to determine if this is an isolated incident or whether it's a recurring problem with this title. It would be up to the label to remedy the situation, regardless.

That said, you have every right to discuss anything here that is related to film music. But it would be awfully kind of anyone with such an issue to contact the label first and foremost. It's usually the label that alerts everyone here when there's been a manufacturing problem.

Since nothing else has arisen on this topic, it's more than likely an isolated packaing error.

Posted:   Sep 17, 2013 - 9:03 AM   
 By:   SchiffyM   (Member)

BTW is the word disk or disc? I thought disks were those 3 1/2" floppys that we stuck in our computers 25 years ago.

Per the New Oxford American Dictionary:

usage: Generally speaking, the US spelling is disk and the British spelling is disc, although there is much overlap and variation between the two. In particular, the spelling for senses relating to computers is nearly always disk , as in floppy disk, disk drive, etc., but disc is the norm for compact disc, disc brakes, and disc camera.

Disc camera?

Posted:   Sep 17, 2013 - 9:10 AM   
 By:   robertmro   (Member)

This is more annoying than anything Yor ever posted.

Lukas, take note.

Posted:   Sep 17, 2013 - 9:43 AM   
 By:   Khan   (Member)

This is more annoying than anything Yor ever posted.

Lukas, take note.

Seriously?

Posted:   Sep 17, 2013 - 9:51 AM   
 By:   edwzoomom   (Member)

I would be pretty embarassed if I replied publicly to a fellow FSM member that his question was "dumb", "annoying" and implied that it was impractical to post it here. Invoking the name of God and Lukas Kendall (are they one and the same lol)? Finally to jump on someone's use of the term disk versus disc? Really?

For the most part, the negative stuff here looks just like the Twitter wars that my 14 year old niece has with her friends.

Back away slowly from the screen......

I am at work btw so I have no choice but to be in front of the screen.

Posted:   Sep 17, 2013 - 9:54 AM   
 By:   La La Land Records   (Member)

The issue I have with this initial post is at no point in the past 10 hours have we received an email by this guy. What up with that? I'm waiting. I'm here. I want to help. smile

MV

Posted:   Sep 17, 2013 - 10:01 AM   
 By:   The Projectionist   (Member)

I would be pretty embarassed if I replied publicly to a fellow FSM member that his question was "dumb", "annoying" and implied that it was impractical to post it here. Invoking the name of God and Lukas Kendall (are they one and the same lol)? Finally to jump on someone's use of the term disk versus disc? Really?

For the most part, the negative stuff here looks just like the Twitter wars that my 14 year old niece has with her friends.

Back away slowly from the screen......

I am at work btw so I have no choice but to be in front of the screen.

Well I was actually defending Ken. I mentioned I would have done the same thing, and that I think its totally unfair that people would assume that I'm too stupid to think of contacting the label about the issue.
My question about disk vs disc was a just a personal side-question.

from La-La Land Records
The issue I have with this initial post is at no point in the past 10 hours have we received an email by this guy. What up with that?

MV

Well he did ask the question pretty late at night 12 AM, so he's either still asleep, or got up and went on with his daily chores. For some people message boards and soundtracks are only recreational.

Posted:   Sep 17, 2013 - 10:09 AM   
 By:   Ado   (Member)

Yeah, I think we need to take it easier on each other. We are a small community, like family, one of us might say something goofy or imperfect, perhaps written late at night or whatever. I do not think we need to rough this guy up, any more than we rough up our real families.

Of course he should talk to La La Land too.

Posted:   Sep 17, 2013 - 10:15 AM   
 By:   Basil Wrathbone   (Member)

The issue I have with this initial post is at no point in the past 10 hours have we received an email by this guy. What up with that? I'm waiting. I'm here. I want to help. smile

MV

Maybe he didn't order it from you.
The last time you provided a replacement CD, you told people who hadn't bought the title in question directly from LLL to NOT contact LLL, but to go directly to the seller the disc came from for a replacement, which in my case was SAE.

Posted:   Sep 17, 2013 - 11:01 AM   

MV

With respect, one should have no issue at all. There is nothing wrong with being curious as to whether or not anyone else had a missing disc.
And there is no rule saying that approaching a possible problem must follow a set sequence. The customer can send e-mails at THEIR own convenience and no one else's. I don't think there is any malevolence behind it.
LLL makes excellent product. No one's doubting that.

Posted:   Sep 17, 2013 - 11:04 AM   

MV

Maybe he didn't order it from you.
The last time you provided a replacement CD, you told people who hadn't bought the title in question directly from LLL to NOT contact LLL, but to go directly to the seller the disc came from for a replacement, which in my case was SAE.

Yes, I would have contacted the retailer I bought it from before LLL, unless LLL was the retailer. So give him some time.

Posted:   Sep 17, 2013 - 11:30 AM   
 By:   Ford A. Thaxton   (Member)

So you didn't get a CD in a box set that was left out at the pressing plant.

This happens EVERYDAY to just about every box set run ever produced by most any label.

Did you contact the dealer you bought from to inform them your item lacked this disc and requested either replacement or the missing CD before thinking posting on a public forum in an attempt to start a FIRE DRILL?

And then have a butch of whiny little bitches say "Oh that the right thing to post here FIRST"

After careful consideration and thought, a quote from the film SCENT OF A WOMAN came to mind after reading this thread this morning:

"If I were the man I was five years ago, I'd take a FLAMETHROWER to this place!"

This is such a dumb ass discussion, all the original poster had to do was just ask for a replacement and I'm almost certain he'd have been sent one within hours of his email.

But that wouldn't get you the attention posting here FIRST would.

Ford A. Thaxton

Posted:   Sep 17, 2013 - 12:01 PM   

This happens EVERYDAY to just about every box set run ever produced by most any label.
Did you contact the dealer you bought from to inform them your item lacked this disc and requested either replacement or the missing CD before thinking posting on a public forum in an attempt to start a FIRE DRILL?
And then have a butch of whiny little bitches say "Oh that the right thing to post here FIRST"
After careful consideration and thought, a quote from the film SCENT OF A WOMAN came to mind after reading this thread this morning:
"If I were the man I was five years ago, I'd take a FLAMETHROWER to this place!"
This is such a dumb ass discussion, all the original poster had to do was just ask for a replacement and I'm almost certain he'd have been sent one within hours of his email.
Ford A. Thaxton

Ford, I think you made your point clearly enough earlier.
If you can't stand the sight of customers gathering together to talk without taking an overly defensive attitude and throwing punches, then your effort to be helpful becomes reversed.
I think you want to be helpful, do you not?

Posted:   Sep 17, 2013 - 12:15 PM   
 By:   Basil Wrathbone   (Member)

Ford A. Thaxton

I don't know about the Scent of a Woman, but there certainly is a scent. More of a stench, actually. And it comes from the label representatives here.

A poster mentions that a disc is missing from the set he purchased. Do we see any sign of a polite "Sorry, that's unfortunate" or equivalent from the "professionals" in any their responses? Of course not. Indeed, the owner of the label in question refers to the customer as "this guy", like he's talking of some lowly beggar seeking a dollar from him on the street, rather than a purchaser of his goods.

Then there's the other one, who today calls those who line his pockets "a butch of whiny little bitches".

The junior staff at any Kentucky Fried Chicken are more skilled at being respectful to their customers than these characters.

Posted:   Sep 17, 2013 - 12:27 PM   

Sorry, wrong thread.

Posted:   Sep 17, 2013 - 1:12 PM   
 By:   Ford A. Thaxton   (Member)

Idon't know about the Scent of a Woman, but there certainly is a scent. More of a stench, actually. And it comes from the label representatives here.

Do you need some cheese with you whine?

God you so clueless on any number topics.

Get a life.

Ford A. Thaxton