Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Sep 3, 2013 - 9:43 AM   
 By:   chris123   (Member)

I'm also glad they are back in CBS's hands so they can presumably use then for future star trek video sets, if they want to.

Posted:   Sep 12, 2013 - 4:05 PM   
 By:   nicholasm79   (Member)

I'm looking forward to the Tholian Web cue that comes at the end of Kirk's memorial service. Always liked it.

I hate to bump an old post... but does anyone know what cue this is? I've been trying to track it down and for the life of me it's escaping me.

/Help!

Posted:   Sep 12, 2013 - 9:45 PM   
 By:   nicholasm79   (Member)

I should have had a little more faith in my musical ear.

This cue is "Sargon Inert" from Return to Tomorrow.

Posted:   Sep 13, 2013 - 8:28 AM   
 By:   Other Tallguy   (Member)

I should have had a little more faith in my musical ear.

This cue is "Sargon Inert" from Return to Tomorrow.

That’s interesting (and I believe you are correct) since that’s a second season cue that was not re-recorded for season three. Lawsuit!

Posted:   Sep 13, 2013 - 8:35 AM   
 By:   Scott M (Oldsmith)   (Member)

Well, there are a good number of first season cues used in the 3rd season, and those got away without being redone. Just as an example, Where No Man Has Gone Before was used in The Lights of Zetar verbatim. So was The Doomsday Machine. Damned scofflaws.

Posted:   Sep 13, 2013 - 10:56 AM   

Well, there are a good number of first season cues used in the 3rd season, and those got away without being redone. Just as an example, Where No Man Has Gone Before was used in The Lights of Zetar verbatim. So was The Doomsday Machine. Damned scofflaws.

But at least with WNMHGB they did make re-recordings, even if they didn't use them (or use them THERE at least). Where did they use DM?

Posted:   Dec 12, 2013 - 5:43 AM   
 By:   Adam B.   (Member)

It was one year ago today (12-12-12) I received my box set in the mail. Still lovin' it!

Posted:   Dec 12, 2013 - 6:43 AM   

Wow, what a year. I still listen to this on a regular basis. Mostly because I love listening to it, partly because I remember how much it cost and darn it, it needs to get regular play time!

I listen almost exclusively to season one, a little to two, hardly at all to three.

But still, what an amazing thing to have. Just think, it was less than five years ago that the FSM Wrath of Khan came out.

Posted:   Dec 12, 2013 - 6:53 AM   
 By:   Last Child   (Member)

I dont see how LLL or any label will ever top this unprecedented release. A release of the century, really. 45 years in the making. All the music. The mind boggles.

Posted:   Dec 12, 2013 - 6:55 AM   
 By:   bdm   (Member)

Copy that.

Posted:   Dec 12, 2013 - 4:18 PM   
 By:   Verity   (Member)

Still can't believe the long and winding road from one of these releases to the other. Pinch me. big grin

Posted:   Dec 12, 2013 - 8:35 PM   
 By:   ST-321   (Member)

It's been a wonderful year. I am enjoying this set almost beyond measure.

Posted:   Dec 12, 2013 - 11:08 PM   
 By:   Jeff Bond   (Member)

I think I've been listening to it for over a year and a half--so I think I can guarantee at least another six months of listening pleasure.

Posted:   Dec 13, 2013 - 6:14 AM   

Still can't believe the long and winding road from one of these releases to the other. Pinch me. big grin

Wow, that's an awesome picture.

Posted:   Dec 13, 2013 - 3:21 PM   
 By:   Midnight Mike   (Member)

I've listened to some music from the set each day for the last year. I've got the whole shebang on my iPhone and just hit shuffle on my way to work each day.

It's funny; I almost find the music like a tonic. If I’m stressed or anxious at work, almost any cue from the set can relax me.

Posted:   Dec 30, 2013 - 7:10 AM   
 By:   ST-321   (Member)

I don't know if everyone here has seen this or not, but here's a fun video with Shem von Schroeck playing some of the TOS themes on piano:

http://youtu.be/_XhPT0BZxiM

It is good fun & reminds me of how much I am enjoying the LLL TOS release.

Posted:   Dec 30, 2013 - 8:30 AM   

It's always great to see someone so thoroughly immersed in enjoying the beauty of this music. Thanks for sharing. Shem's analysis of Kaplan's Doomsday Machine is brilliant too. big grin

Posted:   Dec 30, 2013 - 8:31 AM   

Sorry - double post. razz

Posted:   Dec 31, 2013 - 6:31 AM   
 By:   ZapBrannigan   (Member)

I don't know if everyone here has seen this or not, but here's a fun video with Shem von Schroeck playing some of the TOS themes on piano:

http://youtu.be/_XhPT0BZxiM

It is good fun & reminds me of how much I am enjoying the LLL TOS release.

Thank you. That's pretty neat.

Posted:   Dec 31, 2013 - 6:38 AM   
 By:   ZapBrannigan   (Member)

I missed the original TOS LPs, but I grabbed that first box set when I saw it in a record store: