Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Jan 19, 2012 - 7:47 AM   
 By:   Freejack   (Member)

Well we know that one of the boxsets will be Friday 13th and I'm guessing that another one will be Volume 2 of X-Files. Very interested in what the others will be.

---

wink

Posted:   Jan 22, 2012 - 8:14 PM   
 By:   Penelope Pineapple   (Member)

Well I am simply hoping for some Deep Space Nine awesomeness this year.... Even though the latest TNG set might not be flying off the shelves (I have my copy!), I'm keeping my fingers crossed that DS9 will be a four-disc set (with a smaller release number maybe?) as there has been hardly any music releases for it (compared to all of the previous and recent TNG releases out there).

Of course, I've also been re-watching it again and can't help but wish for all of the music to be released in some mega-sized boxed set! Ahhh... Either way, I'll be ecstatic for any DS9 music that sees the light of day....

Posted:   Jan 23, 2012 - 1:33 AM   
 By:   David (Giacchino-fan)   (Member)

Jason LeBlanc posted this in anther thread, but it's news about LLL, so here's something from their Facebook page:

I am working on a major project right now and came across something on the tapes that blew me away...totally unsuspected and unfrigginbelievable! 2:20 of film music history that, if I am correct, was most likely only heard by 5 or 6 people EVER! Fingers crossed that the powers that be let us include this found track on this uber cool release!

Piano demo and pretty ---- cool. Maybe it was heard by the director, producer, composer (of course) orchestrator and James Nelson who transferred the stuff for me. lol

Posted:   Jan 23, 2012 - 3:04 AM   
 By:   Aggelos   (Member)

Jason LeBlanc posted this in anther thread, but it's news about LLL, so here's something from their Facebook page:

I am working on a major project right now and came across something on the tapes that blew me away...totally unsuspected and unfrigginbelievable! 2:20 of film music history that, if I am correct, was most likely only heard by 5 or 6 people EVER! Fingers crossed that the powers that be let us include this found track on this uber cool release!

Piano demo and pretty ---- cool. Maybe it was heard by the director, producer, composer (of course) orchestrator and James Nelson who transferred the stuff for me. lol

What uber cool release?

Posted:   Jan 23, 2012 - 3:48 AM   
 By:   Mark Langdon   (Member)

What uber cool release?

THE GARBAGE PAIL KIDS: THE MOVIE, of course!

Posted:   Jan 23, 2012 - 4:24 AM   
 By:   TM2-Megatron   (Member)

wrong thread. that's what I get for using tabs, lol.

Posted:   Jan 23, 2012 - 5:42 AM   
 By:   Vermithrax Pejorative   (Member)

>>>>>>>>Piano demo and pretty ---- cool. Maybe it was heard by the director, producer, composer (of course) orchestrator and James Nelson who transferred the stuff for me. lol>>>>

Hmmm, maybe a collaboration between John Williams and Michael Jackson on HOOK?

Posted:   Jan 25, 2012 - 5:41 PM   

So Elfman's Planet of the Apes is coming this February, along with another unknown title or two. Here's MV's avatar:

The lineup:
1. LLLCD1193, a 3CD set
2. LLLCD1199, a lush and beautiful romantic score from the 90's
3. LLLCD1198 is a possibility if it is done in time; If it isn't it will drop on February 28th.

Thanks to Jason LeBlanc for pointing this out. His love for all things LLL seems to be similar to mine.

Posted:   Jan 25, 2012 - 5:53 PM   
 By:   DeviantMan   (Member)

So Elfman's Planet of the Apes is coming this February,
along with another unknown title or two.
The lineup:
1. LLLCD1193, a 3CD set
2. LLLCD1199, a lush and beautiful romantic score from the 90's
3. LLLCD1198 is a possibility if it is done in time; If it isn't it will drop on February 28th.

Personally, I can't see POTA by Elfman taking up 3CDs
So it must be 1198.

For 1199, I'd like to see Ennio Morricone's rejected WHAT DREAMS MAY COME but it probably isn't that one.

1193 seems like it would be HOOK, I've read that Williams wrote an awful lot of score for that film.
Or it is more X-Files.

Posted:   Jan 26, 2012 - 6:36 AM   
 By:   Jason LeBlanc   (Member)

Thanks to Jason LeBlanc for pointing this out. His love for all things LLL seems to be similar to mine.

They are my favorite label and I take great pleasure in promoting their releases and cataloging their work on wikipedia.

Posted:   Jan 26, 2012 - 8:30 AM   
 By:   DeputyRiley   (Member)

Hi MV and La La Land...

Do you guys have any plans on releasing any Marco Beltrami scores this year? I know you picked up Max Payne a few years back and I would love to see more by this composer on your label. Maybe scores that have gone unreleased in years past, such as Captivity, xXx 2, or my personal favorite, The Invisible?

Thanks again for the Friday box!

smile

Posted:   Jan 28, 2012 - 10:49 AM   

Go go LaLa Land!! Expanded or complete versions for the following please (some day)!
We're dying here....

-Crimson Tide (Hans Zimmer)
-The Rock (Nick-Glennie Smith, Hans Zimmer & Harry Gregson-Williams)
-The Peacemaker (Hans Zimmer & Gavin Greenaway)
-Twister (Mark Mancina)
-Replacement Killers (Harry-Gregson Williams)
-K-19 Widowmaker (Klaus Badelt)
-Time Machine (Klaus Badelt)
-Backdraft (Hans Zimmer)
-Black Rain (Hans Zimmer)
-Armageddon (Harry Gregson-Williams & Trevor Rabin)
-Deep Blue Sea (Trevor Rabin)
-Speed 1 (Mark Mancina)
-Drop Zone (Hans Zimmer)
-Gladiator (Hans Zimmer & Lisa Gerrard)
-King Arthur (Hans Zimmer)
-Enemy of the State (Harry Gregson-Williams & Trevor Rabin)
-Pirates of The Caribbean : Curse of the Black Pearl (Hans Zimmer, Klaus Badelt and others)
-K2 (Hans Zimmer)
-The One (Trevor Rabin)

-Assassins (Mark Mancina)
-Face Off (John Powell & Gavin Greenaway)
-Training Day (Mark Mancina)
-Constantine (Klaus Badelt & Bryan Tyler )
-Poseidon (Klaus Badelt)
-Con Air (Mark Mancina & Trevor Rabin)
-The Fan (Hans Zimmer)
-Glimmer Man (Trevor Rabin)
-Gone in 60 Seconds (Trevor Rabin)
-The Guardian (Trevor Rabin)
-The Sorcerer's Apprentice (Trevor Rabin)

Posted:   Jan 28, 2012 - 11:38 AM   
 By:   KonstantinosZ   (Member)

You're really into Remote Control -Media Ventures stuff, aren't you Aggele? wink

Posted:   Jan 28, 2012 - 12:07 PM   

Go go LaLa Land!! Expanded or complete versions for the following please (some day)!
We're dying here....

FYI, this is more of a news thread for any news pertaining to LLL (and, of course, speculation of what may come). It's not a giant Christmas wishlist to hand to MV. I don't mind people asking MV questions or the occasional request, but to put all those titles there and say that "we're dying here" really has nothing to do with the general content here.

Posted:   Jan 28, 2012 - 12:08 PM   

You're really into Remote Control -Media Ventures stuff, aren't you Aggele? wink

Yes indeed Konstantine.

Since LLL' releases were/are stupendous, we can't help but seek for more...

Posted:   Jan 28, 2012 - 12:17 PM   
 By:   Anabel Boyer   (Member)

Piano demo

2:20 / film music history / most likely only heard by 5 or 6 people EVER / Piano demo : John Williams' JAWS theme maybe ?

Posted:   Jan 28, 2012 - 12:57 PM   
 By:   KonstantinosZ   (Member)

There's a separate thread here that this is being discussed:

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=86237&forumID=1&archive=0

Posted:   Jan 28, 2012 - 1:07 PM   
 By:   Anabel Boyer   (Member)

There's a separate thread here that this is being discussed:

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=86237&forumID=1&archive=0

Thank you! I was so "hooked" by this thread that i didn't pay attention to its "sequel". wink

Posted:   Jan 28, 2012 - 3:01 PM   

FYI, this is more of a news thread for any news pertaining to LLL (and, of course, speculation of what may come). It's not a giant Christmas wishlist to hand to MV. I don't mind people asking MV questions or the occasional request, but to put all those titles there and say that "we're dying here" really has nothing to do with the general content here.

That's why I enclosed it in spoiler tags, so that it would be read by those who are interested. Those who are unwilling to see the text, won't be.

Posted:   Jan 29, 2012 - 11:34 AM   
 By:   Buscemi   (Member)

La-La Land has just announced for a Fall 2012 release the score to the new Thundercats series, according to their Facebook page.