Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Mar 19, 2014 - 2:11 PM   
 By:   Warlok   (Member)

Brian Tyler certainly holds no reservations about using another composer's established themes in a sequel score, as anyone who has heard AVP:R can attest. Tyler wove throughout themes and references from both of Silvestri's scores, as well as Goldsmith's, Horner's, Goldenthal's, and Frizzell's. A remarkably fun listen for sharp-eared fans of the two franchises, IMHO.

I agree. The movie SUCKED, but both the Wolf Predator and the score were good.

Posted:   Mar 19, 2014 - 2:35 PM   
 By:   Adam Krysinski   (Member)

Posted:   Mar 19, 2014 - 5:03 PM   
 By:   johnmullin   (Member)

Now it's official.

Brian has officially signed on to score Marvel Studios’ Avengers: Age of Ultron.

Where was this announced?

Posted:   Mar 19, 2014 - 5:26 PM   
 By:   jfallon   (Member)

No surprise and I am happy as hell. Will be awesome to hear Tylers IM and Thor themes together. I do hope he keeps Silvestris Avengers theme though.

Posted:   Mar 19, 2014 - 6:04 PM   
 By:   David (Giacchino-fan)   (Member)

Now it's official.

Brian has officially signed on to score Marvel Studios’ Avengers: Age of Ultron.

Where was this announced?

I keep reading this today on different websites, so maybe it was in last night's Marvel Studios: Assembling a Universe special.

Also:
http://filmmusicreporter.com/2014/03/19/brian-tyler-to-score-avengers-age-of-ultron/

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:hISn3tfj-RsJ:www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/%3Fa%3D96397+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us (even though they confuse Brian Tyler and Tyler Bates)

Posted:   Mar 19, 2014 - 6:18 PM   
 By:   jb1234   (Member)

I'm not terribly thrilled about this as Tyler's scores tend to blur together for me but at least the music will be functional and not too horrid.

Posted:   Mar 19, 2014 - 6:43 PM   
 By:   Mr Greg   (Member)

Clearly they read my avatar...

Good choice!

Posted:   Mar 19, 2014 - 9:27 PM   
 By:   bondo321   (Member)

Good, I can save money by not buying this one.

Posted:   Mar 19, 2014 - 9:39 PM   
 By:   Sketchkid   (Member)

Would be my 2nd choice after Silvestri... if they want to just use Tyler for the majority of these I wouldn't mind. He's got a nice bold, orchestral sound...one of my favorites of the new generation of composers.

It is disappointing Marvel hasn't had any real continuity with the music themes... maybe that's something that can be improved having a main go-to guy for the big releases. Just re-watched Avengers, I don't see why they wouldn't incorporate the main theme somewhat...I thought it worked well.

Posted:   Mar 19, 2014 - 9:42 PM   
 By:   Sketchkid   (Member)

Brian Tyler certainly holds no reservations about using another composer's established themes in a sequel score, as anyone who has heard AVP:R can attest.

Also remember Rambo - one of my favorites! Great mix of old and new cues.

Posted:   Mar 19, 2014 - 10:55 PM   
 By:   WillGoldNewtonBarryGrusin   (Member)

No problem for me - he proved he can do it with "THOR: THE DARK WORLD".

Posted:   Mar 20, 2014 - 8:52 AM   
 By:   bondo321   (Member)

He's becoming the generic go-to-composer for sequels:

Alien vs. Predator: Requiem
Army of Two: Devil's Cartel
Assassin's Creed 4
Call of Duty: MW3
Expendables 2
Far Cry 3
Fast & Furious 3-??
Final Destination 4-5
Iron Man 3
Need For Speed: The Run
Rambo
Thor 2

I will go back and force myself to re-listen and hopefully get some enjoyment out of Iron Man 3 and Thor 2 for the sake of Avengers 2, but overall the lack of musical continuity in the Marvel series is disconcerting, considering the potential.

Posted:   Mar 20, 2014 - 10:06 AM   

can't wait to hear the score! cool

Posted:   Mar 20, 2014 - 3:03 PM   
 By:   David (Giacchino-fan)   (Member)

Since this seems "official" now, I will voice my excitement. Brian Tyler is a great choice if they're going for a sense of musical continuity in the MCU. My biggest wish for Avengers 2 is that Brian incorporates Silvestri's Avengers theme with his own great music. Tyler showed respect to the Captain America theme in Thor 2, and Tyler incorporated his own main themes into his Marvel scores a lot more than Silvestri did. I hope we can get to hear several great renditions of the Avengers theme throughout the film next May.

Posted:   Mar 20, 2014 - 5:12 PM   
 By:   Sirusjr   (Member)

Since this seems "official" now, I will voice my excitement. Brian Tyler is a great choice if they're going for a sense of musical continuity in the MCU. My biggest wish for Avengers 2 is that Brian incorporates Silvestri's Avengers theme with his own great music. Tyler showed respect to the Captain America theme in Thor 2, and Tyler incorporated his own main themes into his Marvel scores a lot more than Silvestri did. I hope we can get to hear several great renditions of the Avengers theme throughout the film next May.

Agreed. I mostly find that Tyler's scores for Iron Man 3 and Thor 2 work quite well in the film and help elevate the material even if they aren't my favorite on CD. I expect they will have him write something similar for Avengers 2.

Posted:   Mar 20, 2014 - 5:29 PM   
 By:   dan the man   (Member)

BERNARD HERRMANN was a great film composer how much of his music could one sit in relaxing fashion with his scores on CD's or LP'., We all know what works within a film may not always be the most enjoyable listening experience on cd. While what might not have done much for a film can be an enjoyable cd listening experience.That is the two sides of the great art form of film music. However at the same time sometimes it can be both.

Posted:   Mar 21, 2014 - 11:18 PM   

http://www.movieweb.com/news/avengers-age-of-ultron-gets-iron-man-3-composer-brian-tyler

Posted:   Mar 21, 2014 - 11:29 PM   
 By:   Michael24   (Member)

Tyler showed respect to the Captain America theme in Thor 2

Cool. Does Cap make a cameo in the post-credits scene then?

Posted:   Mar 23, 2014 - 12:08 AM   

Marvel/Disney has also announced their extended partnership with IMAX:

http://screenrant.com/avengers-2-brian-tyler-score-imax/

Posted:   Mar 24, 2014 - 10:29 AM   

The Gorfaine/Schwartz Agency confirmed that Brian Tyler will be scoring AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON cool

http://www.gsamusic.com/clients/brian-tyler/