Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Apr 3, 2012 - 2:19 PM   
 By:   David (Giacchino-fan)   (Member)

Looks like LLL is bringing David Newman's Galaxy Quest score next Tuesday!

AVAILABLE TO PURCHASE APRIL 10, 2012 AT 1 PM PST

The show has been canceled….but the soundtrack is FINALLY HERE!

GALAXY QUEST
MUSIC BY DAVID NEWMAN
LLLCD 1208
LIMITED EDITION OF 3000 UNITS

PRODUCED BY DAVID NEWMAN
PRODUCED FOR LA-LA LAND RECORDS BY DAN GOLDWASSER
MASTERED BY DOUG SCHWARTZ AT MULHOLLAND MUSIC
LINER NOTES BY TIM GREIVING
ART DIRECTION BY DAN GOLDWASSER

La-La Land Records, in conjunction with Paramount Pictures, boldly goes into the realm of sci fi action comedy with the WORLD PREMIERE release of David Newman’s epic orchestral score to the 1999 hit comedy GALAXY QUEST, starring Tim Allen, Sigourney Weaver and Alan Rickman. This science fiction score is filled with huge choral passages and those melodic themes that make the Newman name synonymous with film music! Previously released as a composer produced promo only, La-La Land is proud to officially unleash this fantastic score on cd, longer and sounding grander than ever!

As an added bonus, the first 100 customers who purchase the cd directly through our website will receive their booklet autographed by composer David Newman at no extra charge! Quantities are limited.

Posted:   Apr 3, 2012 - 2:30 PM   
 By:   DeputyRiley   (Member)

oops never mind

Posted:   Apr 3, 2012 - 2:38 PM   

Yeah, the sale is over. But the prices were amazing! I was sure to give them 'the business' (the good kind of business!). smile

Posted:   Apr 3, 2012 - 4:58 PM   
 By:   Johnnyecks   (Member)

Damn, I missed the sale. Those prices were innnnnnnnnnnnsane!

Posted:   Apr 4, 2012 - 9:59 PM   
 By:   seglia000   (Member)

Whats up with Independence Day on the site, it says temporarily out of stock?

Posted:   Apr 7, 2012 - 7:15 AM   

I don't know. You'd have to ask MV.

Posted:   Apr 7, 2012 - 9:02 AM   
 By:   La La Land Records   (Member)

It's out of stock.

More on the way.

MV

Posted:   Apr 7, 2012 - 9:08 AM   
 By:   CindyLover   (Member)

Great for the buyers!

Posted:   Apr 7, 2012 - 5:53 PM   

MV was kind enough to point out that they do have more Goldsmith and Williams in the works, but anything Star Wars, Indy, or Jurassic Park isn't being worked on by LLL (but he might sell his first born to do so).

Source:
http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=88047&forumID=1&archive=0&pageID=2&r=174#bottom

Reply 58

Posted:   Apr 8, 2012 - 2:38 PM   

As someone pointed out, MV didn't deny working on Star Trek. Hmmmm...

Posted:   Apr 8, 2012 - 2:44 PM   
 By:   Redokt64   (Member)

THE FUGITIVE has been out of stock for some time now... I still have not gotten it yet and hope it is also having more pressed (as in the case of ID4)...

Posted:   Apr 8, 2012 - 8:01 PM   

THE FUGITIVE has been out of stock for some time now... I still have not gotten it yet and hope it is also having more pressed (as in the case of ID4)...

Both are coming back in stock by months end (Fugitive will be the last 500 units of the 3000 run)

MV

Posted:   Apr 8, 2012 - 8:51 PM   
 By:   Kevin Costigan   (Member)

Both are coming back in stock by months end (Fugitive will be the last 500 units of the 3000 run)

MV

How many units of Independance Day will be left once you restock?

Posted:   Apr 9, 2012 - 2:29 AM   
 By:   Redokt64   (Member)

MV

smile Thanks MV... Looking forward to finally (my fault) picking up a copy... Also... hats off to LLLR for a terrific 2012 (so far)...

Posted:   Apr 9, 2012 - 8:26 AM   

MV

How many units of Independance Day will be left once you restock?

Enough not to mention a low quantity alert

MV

Posted:   Apr 9, 2012 - 8:43 AM   
 By:   1980s   (Member)

Hi MV,

Please release Star Trek: The Motion Picture, Fletch, Fletch Lives, Top Gun, Beverly Hills Cop and Beverly Hills Cop II!

You're the best!

Posted:   Apr 16, 2012 - 1:25 AM   

An update from MV:

Now that we are well into April of 2012 some things have changed and/or have been added to our release slate.

Box sets:

We do plan on having at least 2 more "box-sets" coming out this year (ala Friday the 13th and Medal of Honor). Two other 4 disc sets originally planned to be housed in "boxes" will no longer be housed in said boxes. FSM's recent Ben Hur looks great without one and so will these releases. We feel a "box set" should consist of more than just 4 cds. It should be something special -- an event release -- and when we have a concrete idea as to when these sets will be coming out we will let you know far in advance like we did with Friday the 13th. They will be pricey, so you should be able to get a heads up on saving your bucks.

(PLEASE NOTE: This new 4 disc set policy does not apply to our upcoming X Files Volume 2. It will match Volume 1. As to when...well, the truth is out there)

Other tidbits:

Goldsmith will certainly be the flavor of the month. . . for several months. lol

Williams will certainly be well represented as well. wink

A few more Golden Age titles are in the works (with possibly more in 2013).

Expect more westerns, tv music, video game music, "expansions", "virgin titles" and a few improved reissues as well.

Our goal this year is to shed some focus on JNH, Hans and the late Mr. Kamen like we did with other LLL favs like Ms. Walker, Danny, Mr. Morris and David Arnold.

There is a lot of great stuff coming up. Our 10th year in business is as busy as ever!

MV

PS 55 Days is now SOLD OUT. Gotta love that Tiomkin -- I know WE DO! wink

I totally agree with the box set thing. And I'm glad X-Files 2 will match the original X-Box (see what I did there?) in having a case as well. Here's to 2012!

Posted:   Apr 16, 2012 - 1:35 AM   
 By:   Luc Van der Eeken   (Member)

Sounds great. Keep'em coming.

Posted:   Apr 16, 2012 - 5:11 AM   
 By:   Maleficio   (Member)

Wake me when La La Land releases a Delerue.

Posted:   Apr 16, 2012 - 6:00 AM   
 By:   Kevin Costigan   (Member)

Dammit! Now I've got Blue Balls. LOL

Really awesome to hear that a healthy dose of Howard and Kamen are coming!