Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Jul 26, 2012 - 2:47 PM   
 By:   Thor   (Member)

Oh well, I guess some will get very excited about this.

Well, I am excited, this alongside Bird On A Wire and Cool Runnings is Zimmer`s best scores in my opinion.

Cool Runnings deserves an official score release since it only had two tracks on the original soundtrack. I think it's one of Zimmer's strongest scores. A release of this now would have been great timing with the Olympics smile

Except that now is the summer Olympics. The film is about bobsleigh in the WINTER Olympics. smile

Posted:   Jul 26, 2012 - 3:33 PM   
 By:   N.A.D   (Member)

Well, I am excited, this alongside Bird On A Wire and Cool Runnings is Zimmer`s best scores in my opinion.

Cool Runnings deserves an official score release since it only had two tracks on the original soundtrack. I think it's one of Zimmer's strongest scores. A release of this now would have been great timing with the Olympics smile

A fuller release of many Zimmer scores would be welcome, Cool Runnings and Backdraft to think of a few...caught Cool Runnings a few nights ago on TV, shame John Candy passed away a year later...

Posted:   Jul 26, 2012 - 3:48 PM   
 By:   Torque   (Member)

I actually like this score. Can't wait for the release date.

Posted:   Aug 1, 2012 - 3:34 PM   
 By:   First Breath   (Member)

But is there enough score in Cool Runnings to warrant a score release?

Posted:   Aug 2, 2012 - 12:04 AM   
 By:   Per   (Member)

Around 30 min. is in the film. That's enough for a release if you look at all the 30 min. releases that was released before.

But if that's too short nowadays, maybe couple it with another short score...

Posted:   Aug 2, 2012 - 1:03 AM   
 By:   Buscemi   (Member)

If Cool Runnings were paired with another score, I'd suggest Richard Marvin's 3 Ninjas. Both films were from the same director and distributed by Disney (3 Ninjas was a pickup though).

Posted:   Aug 2, 2012 - 7:01 AM   

Around 30 min. is in the film. That's enough for a release if you look at all the 30 min. releases that was released before.

But if that's too short nowadays, maybe couple it with another short score...

But taking into account that around 10 minutes of score is already on the song-soundtrack, I guess 20 minutes "new" material is a bit on the low side. So coupling it would be the best I guess.

Posted:   Aug 2, 2012 - 7:05 AM   

If Cool Runnings were paired with another score, I'd suggest Richard Marvin's 3 Ninjas. Both films were from the same director and distributed by Disney (3 Ninjas was a pickup though).

If we're talking Jon Turteltaub films here, I would rather see Cool Runnings coupled with Chris Franke's Driving Me Crazy (1991). Let's keep it german, I mean... :-D

Posted:   Aug 2, 2012 - 11:32 AM   
 By:   La La Land Records   (Member)

Guys...please...stop. You are making my eyes hurt.

3 Ninjas? Really?!

Please don't sully up this thread regarding the awesomeness of Hans, Ridley and Michael Douglas by mentioning a film like 3 Ninjas.

okay?

Thanks

smile

MV

Posted:   Aug 2, 2012 - 11:51 AM   
 By:   DeviantMan   (Member)

BLACK RAIN has one of my all-time favorite Zimmer cues.

The battle where Andy Garcia loses his head.

Posted:   Aug 2, 2012 - 12:51 PM   
 By:   DanH   (Member)

3 Ninjas? Really?!

Please don't sully up this thread regarding the awesomeness of Hans, Ridley and Michael Douglas by mentioning a film like 3 Ninjas.

okay?

Thanks

smile

MV

What about Days of Thunder? It's directed by the other Scott and and is an underrated score from one of the greatest comedies of all time...

Posted:   Aug 2, 2012 - 12:53 PM   
 By:   Jason LeBlanc   (Member)

3 Ninjas? Really?!

okay?

Thanks

smile

MV

I agree. I mean seriously, everybody knows Surf Ninjas is the best 90s Ninja film smile

Posted:   Aug 2, 2012 - 1:06 PM   

3 Ninjas? Really?!

okay?

Thanks

smile

MV

LOL. Don't blame me.

Posted:   Sep 16, 2012 - 1:31 PM   
 By:   jacky   (Member)

Is there any news yet? Is has been so long ago since the good news has been overwhelmed us, it wasn't a joke, right?...

Posted:   Sep 16, 2012 - 2:25 PM   
 By:   Aggelos   (Member)

Is there any news yet? Is has been so long ago since the good news has been overwhelmed us, it wasn't a joke, right?...

MV related
Black Rain will hopefully be out Sept 25, if not, then Oct 9

I am also awaiting eagerly this object of desire and I can say that both dates won't come any sooner...
mirabile dictu.......

Posted:   Sep 17, 2012 - 10:03 AM   

Black Rain will hopefully be out Sept 25, if not, then Oct 9

Where did you see this?

Posted:   Sep 17, 2012 - 10:48 AM   
 By:   jfallon   (Member)

Bring on the film version of Nick and Masa and unused cues!!

Posted:   Sep 20, 2012 - 4:54 AM   
 By:   Adam Krysinski   (Member)

Exactly!

Posted:   Sep 20, 2012 - 5:02 AM   
 By:   Senojanaidni   (Member)

***AOUCH!!!***

one of the most horrible i've ever seen.

Posted:   Sep 20, 2012 - 5:46 AM   
 By:   zachip   (Member)

so Shirley conducted Hans on the keyboards?
WTF???!!!!

i imagine how Hans was frustrated by hitting the wrong keys and Shirley asking him a new takes...