Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Aug 23, 2013 - 7:24 PM   
 By:   DeputyRiley   (Member)

FRIDAY THE 13TH parts I-VI boxset!!! A dream come true!

And also Max Payne because it is the only Marco Beltrami title that they have released so far.

Posted:   Aug 23, 2013 - 8:06 PM   
 By:   Burk Whittenburg   (Member)

Friday the 13th Box Set, easily
Point Break
Big Trouble in Little China
Krull
The Howling
The Warriors
Hook
Star Trek: TMP
Masters of the Universe

Posted:   Aug 23, 2013 - 8:46 PM   
 By:   La La Land Records   (Member)

When we started the label more than a decade ago, Matt and I set out to "put right what once went wrong". While FSM, Varese and Intrada were releasing some amazing product from the 40's to the 70's we felt that the 80's and 90's (our coming of age time) were being neglected. We made a "dream" list of projects we always wanted to see released and, during the years, we went back to that list when possible and attempted to make these titles a reality.

Batman The Animated Series
X Files
Bad Boys
Godzilla
Speed 2
Friday the 13th Box Set
Blazing Saddles
Spaceballs
Airplane
The Bodyguard
Big Trouble in Little China
Die Hard (we were never happy with the Varese release)
...just to name a few.

As time went on, we were able to expand beyond our 80's/90's list to include several classic titles like

Shane
55 Days at Peking
Shootist/Sons of Katie Elder
(and another upcoming Wayne Masterpiece)
The Outer Limits

And then, as fortune smiled upon us, we were able to work with the "big boys" and do expanded versions of previously released titles such as:

Batman
Batman Returns
Hook
Star Trek The Motion Picture
Star Trek The Original Series
Independence Day
The Golden Child

Furthermore, we have been lucky enough to release some brand new scores like

Butterfly Effect
Cabin Fever
Predators
Diary of a Wimpy Kid
Evil Dead
The Punisher
Jack Reacher
Kick Ass 2

And, to add to this run of luck, we would not be here today if it wasn't for the amazing work of Bear McCreary and his run of incredible work on

Battlestar Galactica
Eureka
Caprica
Terminator The Sarah Conner Chronicles
etc...

To pick just 1 or even 10 titles that is our favorite would be like asking me which of my kids is my favorite. smile

Both Matt and I love all of our release the same and will continue to put out projects of passion over the next 2 to 3 years. Later this year you will see some titles we never thought possible (3 of them even appeared on that initial dream list we cooked up years ago!)

I will say this, the real treat has been working with our idols over the past 11 years. If none of these cds had sold it still would have all been worth it to have worked with these modern day musical geniuses.

MV

PS But if I had to pick, BTAS Vol 1 and 2. wink

Posted:   Aug 23, 2013 - 9:12 PM   
 By:   ZapBrannigan   (Member)

Truly a great record label. All I own from LLL:

LOST IN SPACE
STAR TREK TOS
THE POSEIDON ADVENTURE
STAR TREK TMP
STAR TREK V
BATMAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES (1st ed. of Vol. 1)
BATTLESTAR GALACTICA The Miniseries
BATTLESTAR GALACTICA Season 1
BATTLESTAR GALACTICA Season 2
BATTLESTAR GALACTICA Season 3
BATTLESTAR GALACTICA Season 4
TERMINATOR: THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES

Posted:   Aug 23, 2013 - 9:51 PM   
 By:   Mike_H   (Member)

When we started the label more than a decade ago, Matt and I set out to "put right what once went wrong". While FSM, Varese and Intrada were releasing some amazing product from the 40's to the 70's we felt that the 80's and 90's (our coming of age time) were being neglected. We made a "dream" list of projects we always wanted to see released and, during the years, we went back to that list when possible and attempted to make these titles a reality.

So great to see that X Files was on your original "to-do" list! I can't wait for Vol. 2!

Posted:   Aug 23, 2013 - 10:15 PM   
 By:   Tango Urilla   (Member)

Later this year you will see some titles we never thought possible...

Can't wait! Keep 'em coming!

Posted:   Aug 23, 2013 - 10:20 PM   
 By:   lonzoe1   (Member)

... Later this year you will see some titles we never thought possible (3 of them even appeared on that initial dream list we cooked up years ago!)...

MV

Looking forward to that. Hopefully Goldenthal's Batman & Robin is finally going to see the light of day. big grin

Posted:   Aug 24, 2013 - 12:38 AM   
 By:   Peter Atterberg   (Member)

Thank's very much for your input MV, it's appreciated to hear from the labels themselves.

I believe you also said the original Speed was one on your wishlist, correct?

Speaking of labels still, I should have added Godzilla to my list. The finale of Track 8 on Disc 2, so epic. And I don't care what anyone says about the movie, I'll still sit and watch it till this day. Score doesn't match up to the power of Independence Day though.

Posted:   Aug 24, 2013 - 12:43 AM   
 By:   Anabel Boyer   (Member)

(and another upcoming Wayne Masterpiece)

A high and mighty one?

Posted:   Aug 24, 2013 - 4:30 AM   
 By:   mastadge   (Member)

Both Matt and I love all of our release the same and will continue to put out projects of passion over the next 2 to 3 years.

Well that sounds ominous!

Posted:   Aug 24, 2013 - 12:08 PM   
 By:   Eva   (Member)

Favorite Barry release : "First Love"

Favorite non-Barry release : "1941"

Favorite unexpected awesome surprise : "Copernicus Star"

Posted:   Aug 24, 2013 - 12:19 PM   
 By:   BackToTheFutureFan   (Member)

Hook (by far my #1)
Commando (by far my #2)
Black Rain
Independence Day
Die Hard
Batman Forever

The Matrix Reloaded will surely be added to this list next week.

Posted:   Aug 24, 2013 - 1:34 PM   
 By:   BornOfAJackal   (Member)

As you can see from the pic, I'm a STAR TREK nut. ST:TMP and ST:TOS alone have made La-La my all-time favorite label.

But I'll be damned if that DRAGONSLAYER re-master doesn't top them both. Listen to "The Lance" cue and you'll see what I mean. Best soundtrack re-release ever.

That outstanding THE FURY release gets honorable mention.

Posted:   Aug 24, 2013 - 1:38 PM   
 By:   eggerty31   (Member)

Both Matt and I love all of our release the same and will continue to put out projects of passion over the next 2 to 3 years.

Well that sounds ominous!

I'm sure it wasn't meant to be read that way.... but I read it that way as well....
Hopefully LLL will be releasing titles for a long, long time to come...

Posted:   Aug 24, 2013 - 2:20 PM   
 By:   jenkwombat   (Member)

I really like the following:

Clue
Batman
Die Hard
The Warriors
The Fury

Posted:   Aug 24, 2013 - 2:31 PM   
 By:   Grecchus   (Member)

As you can see from the pic, I'm a STAR TREK nut. ST:TMP and ST:TOS alone have made La-La my all-time favorite label.

But I'll be damned if that DRAGONSLAYER re-master doesn't top them both. Listen to "The Lance" cue and you'll see what I mean. Best soundtrack re-release ever.

That outstanding THE FURY release gets honorable mention.

I get your point. Dragonslayer is an 'imperial' ton's worth as opposed to 'metric' tonnage. When that one goes, anyone left without will kick themselves good and proper. Thankyou for the timely reminder. Needs must.

Posted:   Aug 24, 2013 - 2:34 PM   
 By:   nerfTractor   (Member)

So many great one but #1 spot is a toss-up between HOOK and ST:TMP with a very slight edge to HOOK just based on the treasure trove of unreleased music we got with that one.

Posted:   Aug 24, 2013 - 2:51 PM   
 By:   Justin Boggan   (Member)

I'd love to see the full wish list, MV. ;-)

This isn't a compelte listing, but here are some of my favorite LLLR releases; due to my employment situation, I don't own some of them yet, but regardless:

"Clue"
"Spaceballs"
"Batman: The Animated Series"
(all and future volumes)
"Star Trek V: The Final Frontier" (just one minor personal quibble, otherwise great to have!)
"Dragonslayer"
"The X-Files"
(all and future volumes)
"MillenniuM" (sadly, only volume)
"Star Trek" [TOS]
"Innerspace"
"The Bodyguard"
"Galaxy Quest"
"The Robe"
"Star Trek: The Next Generation"
(Volume 1, and any possible future volumes)
"Star Trek: Deep Space Nine" (Volume 1 and the future volumes)
"The Untouchables"

And in the near future, I will ad:
"Enterprise"
"Superman: The Animated Series"

Posted:   Aug 24, 2013 - 7:45 PM   
 By:   danbeck   (Member)

... Later this year you will see some titles we never thought possible (3 of them even appeared on that initial dream list we cooked up years ago!)...

MV

Looking forward to that. Hopefully Goldenthal's Batman & Robin is finally going to see the light of day. big grin

From previous MV posts I'm sure Batman & Robin is a strong possibility (already mentioned several times the wish to release all Batman scores and this one in particular, difficult release...). Hope they could convince Goldenthal to alow a complete Alien 3 also...

Or maybe they could negotiate some titles with Varese perpetuity...

Posted:   Aug 24, 2013 - 7:55 PM   
 By:   henry   (Member)

I can't wait for I THE JURY! I LOVE THAT CHAMPIONSHIP SEASON and MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE!