Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   May 5, 2013 - 11:33 AM   
 By:   Morricone   (Member)

Mr. Zimmer has had the stage extended for his performance so seats have been eliminated. I don't know how this works. I have seen the last row has been sold out from the beginning maybe to accomodate such an event? But then all our tickets would have to be seated one row back which would make for a confusing night. My guess is they were guest's seats that were used.

Posted:   May 6, 2013 - 8:17 AM   
 By:   BP2   (Member)

Can anyone help me cut my losses with the 4 tickets I have for this concert that I can't attend?
Please see my post in the trading forum. Your help is appreciated.

Posted:   May 6, 2013 - 10:16 AM   
 By:   Superman1701   (Member)

I guess that means I'll be pushed back a row but I'm still in the front! lol

Posted:   May 6, 2013 - 10:27 AM   
 By:   foxmorty   (Member)

any updates on pre and post signings? any thoughts on a safe time to arrive?

Posted:   May 6, 2013 - 11:38 AM   

I dont think there is a signing anymore. There simply isnt enough time.

Posted:   May 6, 2013 - 12:19 PM   

that's too darn bad. looks like i need to pack my stealth ninja suit then!

Posted:   May 6, 2013 - 1:50 PM   
 By:   drivingmissdaisy   (Member)

Drivingmissdaisy is official in the air headed to Cali!!!!!!!! I'm so excited I may just burst!

Posted:   May 6, 2013 - 4:08 PM   

Don't make assumptions. Official comment by Steven Allen Fox:

No signing? Not sure where you all get your information from. Of course there are signings..

Posted:   May 6, 2013 - 4:35 PM   

Don't make assumptions. Official comment by Steven Allen Fox:

No signing? Not sure where you all get your information from. Of course there are signings..

huzzah! stealth ninja suit goes back on the shelf

Posted:   May 7, 2013 - 1:08 AM   
 By:   gspo   (Member)

Ok everyone, here is some info on getting signatures. Please understand this could change and times are limited due to the amount of commitment throughout the evening by our special guests.

Opportunities are available to have your 35th Anniversary 4 CD set or commemorative program signed:
- 7:30pm to 7:50pm
and
- For 15 minutes following the conclusion of the concert

Expect a long and fast moving line.

If you are interested in being able to have a better chance to "mingle" donors of $250 and higher are invited to the after-concert-reception. While our GSPO Matching Campaign is in full swing all donations are recognized at double the value. This means a $125 donation is recognized as a $250 donation. Make yours now!

See you Saturday!

Fox

Posted:   May 8, 2013 - 9:36 AM   

Congrats to the GSPO, total sellout is at hand!
There are presently only 2 seats left in the orchestra and what is left in the balcony is going fast.
Anyone want Preston Neal Jone's row V aisle seat tickets (2)?
Contact me through my profile.

Posted:   May 8, 2013 - 9:58 AM   
 By:   Bond1965   (Member)

Ok everyone, here is some info on getting signatures. Please understand this could change and times are limited due to the amount of commitment throughout the evening by our special guests.

Opportunities are available to have your 35th Anniversary 4 CD set or commemorative program signed:
- 7:30pm to 7:50pm
and
- For 15 minutes following the conclusion of the concert

Expect a long and fast moving line.

If you are interested in being able to have a better chance to "mingle" donors of $250 and higher are invited to the after-concert-reception. While our GSPO Matching Campaign is in full swing all donations are recognized at double the value. This means a $125 donation is recognized as a $250 donation. Make yours now!

See you Saturday!

Fox

D'oh! If I had known I'd have waited and donated $125. I just donated $100 at the end of last month.

James

Posted:   May 8, 2013 - 5:04 PM   

double post

Posted:   May 8, 2013 - 5:12 PM   

At this stage of the game, over the last ten years, I would be pushing like the Dickens for more fans to find out about the GSPO. But this time around it is already over, there are no more tickets to be sold (okay, a few but most of those should be gone by the end of the day). So there isn't anything left to do.

Well maybe one more thing. A big thank you to the guy who is central to this whole thing - STEVEN ALLEN FOX.

Over ten years ago I drove down to San Pedro (yikes!) to this dilapidated picture palace they were trying to fix up. I went to hear a program of film music, which was rare in those days. I don't remember what they played but I do remember hearing a lot of flat notes. But I could tell from the decent pieces that these guys were really trying to honor the score and not make pop sounding easy interpretations. Then I read on the back of the program there would be a whole season of film music! What John Mauceri did once a year at the Bowl in the "Big Picture" this fellow was doing all year. I had to come back and each time the orchestra and the repertoire got bigger and better, but the audience didn't. They trickled in slowly (as the Warner Grand got pretttier and prettier) but not in leaps and bounds. That is when I started pushing the GSPO on here. To the point people were asking "how much do they pay you?" Nothing. I just didn't want it to happen again. That is, when something exciting like this happened before, there would be a brief enthusiam and then it would fade into the woodwork. Whether it be The Mancini Institute or John Scott's Hollywood Symphony it would disappear and fans would look at each other and comment "too bad that was cool" and shrug.

Trying a new approach this guy, Steven Allen Fox, with his team (Victor Pesavento, Linda Grimes, etc.) wanted to keep the momentum going all year-round incorporating every permutation of "film music" there was, including musicals, gaming scores, choral music and holiday music. This would establish a focus, an institution, a go-to place for film music.

This I could not let die. Hence I would rev myself up each time to get whoever I could to visit down in San Pedro just once, hoping they would get addicted like me. I'm sure others did too but I wasn't going to rely on that.

Now Steven Allen Fox has created a world class orchestra focussed on film music. Varese might be the only company that could bring so many top composers together but Steven Allen Fox is the only man who could create an orchestra that could bring Varese and Disney and The Gaming Consortium and so many others to HIM! Now the gigantic Warner Grand is filled for the firsttime ever. Thanks Steven for your resolute dedication!

Whew!
NOW finally I can just sit back, relax and...what is the catchphrase again...oh yeah, and be entertained.

Posted:   May 8, 2013 - 6:24 PM   
 By:   Sirusjr   (Member)

Glad they have finally sold out a show. I can't wait for this massive concert!

Posted:   May 8, 2013 - 7:59 PM   
 By:   TJ   (Member)

Can't wait!

Posted:   May 9, 2013 - 8:50 AM   

SOLD OUT!

Congrats to the GSPO, Varese and all the composers, they are now rock stars! 1500 seats!

Last call for Preston's tickets on Row V. I am sure I will be able to sell them at the door otherwise.

Posted:   May 9, 2013 - 9:37 AM   

Splendid! See yall there!

Posted:   May 9, 2013 - 11:31 AM   

Henry I will take one of them if possible. I know you're trying to get rid of both at the same time, but I know a nice girl from work who would love to go...

Posted:   May 9, 2013 - 1:59 PM   
 By:   CCW1970   (Member)

So thrilled to see this concert sell out! It's going to be an amazing night!