Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Jun 27, 2013 - 10:16 PM   
 By:   1980's Soundtrack Whore   (Member)

Many fantastic titles to look forward to here, especially The Warriors!

Posted:   Jun 28, 2013 - 3:04 AM   
 By:   orodromeus   (Member)

X-Files Vol.2: 4 CDs: Great! That was my thinking as well, one CD per season is good, and we would now have 8 for 9 seasons. But: there was more music per episode than in many shows (ambient, but still), and there were about 24 per season while many cable shows with 13 eps/season get one CD. So there's potentially still interesting material out there for us unquenchable fans...
http://www.eatthecorn.com/dossiers/mmc.htm

Matrix Reloaded: That's great that this finally gets an official release! Hoping for a clean version of "Double Trouble"!

Posted:   Jun 28, 2013 - 3:23 AM   
 By:   ShadowStar   (Member)

I know for a fact they have already started at least pre-production work on Superman: TAS since as early as July 2012, but they could have started even before that. It will be 4 discs.

If it's true that the S:TAS release will be 4 discs, then I hope that The Adventures of Batman and Robin will be 4 discs when La La Land gets around to it, since TAOBAR has (IMO) some of the DCAU's best music. It deserves as good a representation as S:TAS if not better.

A 2 disc set would struggle to do justice to TAOBAR...

Posted:   Jun 28, 2013 - 6:25 AM   
 By:   tyuan   (Member)

Police Academy, at last!!!!!!! YESSSSS

Posted:   Jun 28, 2013 - 6:32 AM   
 By:   Justin Boggan   (Member)

Can you imagine early next year, or Comic Con, possibly having an epic combo like a B:TAS Volume 3 and S:TAS Volume 1?

Holy myocardial infarction, Batman!

Posted:   Jun 28, 2013 - 7:08 AM   
 By:   jkannry   (Member)

Just to clear the air -- BTAS Vol 3 is NOT happening this year. 2014 is most likely. We have waaaay too much on the plate right now, especially at WB.

MV

This is a shame, but I can wait. I just hope it will have "The Man Who Killed Batman", "I Am the Night" and "Mudslide". And please, if it's not too late, please include the music from the rooftop gargoyle fight and Arkham scenes in "Fear of Victory". I know that most of that episode's score is just repeated material from the already released "Nothing to Fear", but I hope you'll include the music from those two scenes on volume 3 anyway. Really, they're excellent cues!

Regarding Superman:TAS, I don't know whether the release will stick to the earlier episodes or span the whole series, but the scores I would like to see released are:

In Brightest Day... (My favourite score from S:TAS)
Brave New Metropolis
Stolen Memories (gotta love the Brainiac theme)
Identity Crisis
World's Finest
The Late Mr. Kent
The Last Son of Krypton
Fun and Games
Where There's Smoke
Knight Time

I also remember enjoying the music in:

The Way of All Flesh
Feeding Time
My Girl
Tools of the Trade
Blasts From the Past
Livewire
Target
Solar Power
Apokolips...Now!

More of a B:TAS fan than a S:TAS fan, but there's certainly some good material in the latter!

Want in brightest day too!!! Wasn't on list earlier part of this thread

Posted:   Jun 28, 2013 - 7:30 AM   
 By:   Jason LeBlanc   (Member)

TURBULENCE is fantastic, and a score that really rewards repeated listens.

How so?

Posted:   Jun 28, 2013 - 7:50 AM   
 By:   Shaun Rutherford   (Member)

TURBULENCE is fantastic, and a score that really rewards repeated listens.

How so?

Because it's fantastic and Shirley Walker was really good at writing music?

Posted:   Jun 28, 2013 - 7:52 AM   
 By:   Justin Boggan   (Member)

I wrote to Walker one time, and she replied. It was early on in my contacting of composers, so it wasnt' the greatest of letter on my part.

I don't remember if I asked about it or if she just brought it up herself, but I recall her not being entirely pleased with her work on "Turbulence". I should find where I put that letter now that the score is coming. I guess my opinion of the score is better than her own.

EDIT:
She was kind, too.

Posted:   Jun 28, 2013 - 8:03 AM   
 By:   Shaun Rutherford   (Member)

I wrote to Walker one time, and she replied. It was early on in my contacting of composers, so it wasnt' the greatest of letter on my part.

I don't remember if I asked about it or if she just brought it up herself, but I recall her not being entirely pleased with her work on "Turbulence". I should find where I put that letter now that the score is coming. I guess my opinion of the score is better than her own.

It's exactly what you'd want the score to be from Shirley Walker. It's like her Batman starring in a Die Hard movie.

Posted:   Jun 28, 2013 - 8:21 AM   
 By:   Jason LeBlanc   (Member)

Awesome, can't wait!

Posted:   Jun 28, 2013 - 8:43 AM   
 By:   CrazyQuark   (Member)

But seriously I'm grateful that you guys even bothered releasing 2 volumes. Let alone re-released the first volume I missed the first time around. Both volumes will keep me patient for Vol. 3 anyways.

I agree on all accounts. The first two volumes are great, and the third will be welcome whenever it comes.

Posted:   Jun 28, 2013 - 9:56 AM   
 By:   80cionado   (Member)

The Warriors by Brian De Vorzon

This is one we are most excited about. Not only does the original album sound better than ever, we have also unearthed several score cues that were cut from the film, presented for the first time in this release.

If you are not familiar with the score think John Carpenter circa Escape From New York (the film AND the score certainly inspired that film)

If you have not seen the film -- watch it! It's a great, gritty Walter Hill masterpiece!

CAN YOU DIG IT?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MV

PS Joe Walsh's IN THE CITY has never sounded so good!

Holy crap, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!! This is AWESOME news! Can't effing wait for this release, best of the year so far for me!

I can dig it, sucka!

Posted:   Jun 28, 2013 - 11:16 AM   
 By:   Jerry Horne   (Member)

I will gladly purchase The Warriors by Brian De Vorzon and hopefully that will pave the way for a release of...

LOOKER!

Posted:   Jun 28, 2013 - 12:23 PM   
 By:   The Mutant   (Member)

I will gladly purchase The Warriors by Brian De Vorzon and hopefully that will pave the way for a release of...

LOOKER!

Yes and yes!

Posted:   Jun 28, 2013 - 2:47 PM   
 By:   zippy   (Member)

I recently got this movie from Netflix but shut it off after the 2nd animated comic book intrusion.
I'm mostly ok with "directors cuts", but this wasn't just adding a few scenes here or there, it added elements to the film that are clearly not from the era it was created.

I'd really like to see the original. So would my pal, vinylscrubber.

Can't wait to hear this new Cd! Thanks for producing this La La Land!

Posted:   Jun 29, 2013 - 9:47 AM   
 By:   tarasis   (Member)

Just to clear the air -- BTAS Vol 3 is NOT happening this year. 2014 is most likely. We have waaaay too much on the plate right now, especially at WB.

MV

I'm sad, but my wife's wallet is happy about this smile

Posted:   Jun 29, 2013 - 12:08 PM   
 By:   Tango Urilla   (Member)

This being the 75th anniversary of Superman as well as Warner's 90th, I'm wondering if (read: hoping that) some of these special anniversary titles might be Supes-themed: All-Star Superman, Superman: The Animated Series, Superman Returns. I'm sure the possibilities are many. But Supes or no Supes, I'm looking forward to seeing the anniversary lineup. My mind is already racing with all the potential WB titles, from the might-be-possible (Black Beauty) to the simply-never-gonna-happen (Blade Runner).

Posted:   Jun 29, 2013 - 1:13 PM   
 By:   Burk Whittenburg   (Member)

Wow, The Warriors is easily my most anticipated release of the newly announced titles! Never saw it coming so awesome news!!!!

Posted:   Jun 30, 2013 - 11:07 AM   
 By:   Oscarilbo   (Member)

Now, where can I get The Matrix: Deluxe for a reasonable price??? frown damn! I missed it