Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Jul 23, 2013 - 6:24 PM   
 By:   betenoir   (Member)

EMERALD FOREST by Junior Homrich

Posted:   Jul 23, 2013 - 9:44 PM   
 By:   dan the man   (Member)

INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS-56- CARMEN DRAGON- Fantastic mood score- I believe it might have been his only one?

Posted:   Jul 23, 2013 - 11:20 PM   
 By:   Koray Savas   (Member)

Tropic Thunder and Dinner For Schmucks - Theodore Shapiro

The Proposition and The Assassination Of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford - Nick Cave and Warren Ellis

Pan's Labyrinth - Javier Navarette

The Dancer Upstairs and Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy - Alberto Iglesias

Copernicus' Star and W.E. - Abel Korzeniowski

Devil - Fernando Velazquez

White Lightning - Charles Bernstein

The Life Of David Gale - Alex Parker and Jake Parker

The Last Winter - Jeff Grace

Posted:   Jul 23, 2013 - 11:54 PM   

TO KORAY- Great list of selections but to be honest CHARLES BERNSTEIN scored over 70 feature length films.

Posted:   Jul 24, 2013 - 2:20 AM   
 By:   Thomas   (Member)

Jimmy Webb composed the score for 'The Last Unicorn' (1982), and also the songs performed in the film by AMERICA. It's a bit melodramatic in parts, but it's a pleasant listen.

Posted:   Jul 24, 2013 - 7:04 AM   
 By:   solium   (Member)

Princess and the Pea- Alan E William. Seems FSM members didn't care for this score but I love it. The Last Unicorn is a very enjoyable score and I don't often say that about pop song oriented fare.

Posted:   Jul 24, 2013 - 9:59 PM   
 By:   Koray Savas   (Member)

TO KORAY- Great list of selections but to be honest CHARLES BERNSTEIN scored over 70 feature length films.

Guess it's just me then! I knew he had done other films but never thought of him as prolific. I've only heard White Lightning and Gator.

Posted:   Jul 25, 2013 - 5:34 PM   

SISTER SISTER-87-RICHARD EINHORN-very nice score from a composer who scored less then a dozen films.

Posted:   Jul 25, 2013 - 7:58 PM   

WITCHFINDER GENERAL-68-PAUL FERRIS-

Posted:   Jul 25, 2013 - 10:04 PM   
 By:   Doc Loch   (Member)

When the Whales Came or Dark of the Sun might not be generally known scores (though I love both), but their composers are hardly "non prolific" in my opinion--just look at the length of their filmographies at IMDB. Same with other composers already mentioned above.

I think Alan Price's THE WHALES OF AUGUST qualifies well.

Price had previously worked for Lindsay Anderson, providing a successful song score for O Lucky Man! and some incidental cues for the follow-up Britannia Hospital, but both director and composer seemed an unusual choice for THE WHALES OF AUGUST. Interesting to note that one of the main themes in WHALES is taken from Price's stage musical ANDY CAPP and works surprisingly well in a sea shanty arrangement.

Posted:   Jul 25, 2013 - 10:12 PM   
 By:   Doc Loch   (Member)

There was a time in the 1980s when Mark Knopfler almost seemed like a one-man musical spokesperson for the British Isles, with scores for such films as Bill Forsyth's Scottish-set Local Hero and Comfort and Joy, and the Irish drama Cal, but seems largely to have abandoned film scoring to return to his day job.

Posted:   Jul 26, 2013 - 6:21 PM   

ST ELMO'S FIRE-DAVID FOSTER-85- Did only a handful of scores.

Posted:   Jul 27, 2013 - 4:12 AM   
 By:   The Ga Ga Room   (Member)

Stephen Oliver's LADY JANE.

Posted:   Jul 27, 2013 - 4:12 AM   
 By:   The Ga Ga Room   (Member)

Stephen Oliver's LADY JANE.

Posted:   Jul 27, 2013 - 5:57 AM   
 By:   HarryRA   (Member)

John Carpenter didn't score too many films. Right about sixteen I would say. But some of the stuff he wrote are really great and music from films like Assault On Precinct 13 and Halloween is considered his best.

Posted:   Jul 27, 2013 - 4:05 PM   

THE RED MANTLE-73-MARC FREDERICKS

Posted:   Jul 27, 2013 - 6:55 PM   

SATURDAY THE 14TH-82-PARMER FULLER

Posted:   Jul 28, 2013 - 10:15 AM   

THE REDEEMER-79-PHILO GALLO- An incredible moody score.

Posted:   Jul 28, 2013 - 11:18 AM   

FLESH FOR FRANKENSTEIN-73- BLOOD FOR DRACULA-73-CLAUDIO GIZZI-Both fine scores and maybe more then any other example over the years after given us these 2 why did MR GIZZI leave film scoring? also did WHAT-73.

Posted:   Jul 28, 2013 - 12:34 PM   

MASQUE OF THE RED DEATH-89- MARK GOVERNOR