Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Jan 21, 2012 - 8:47 AM   
 By:   Aggelos   (Member)

a review

Posted:   Jan 21, 2012 - 8:55 AM   
 By:   Hedji   (Member)

Anyone working on some iTunes covers? I'd really like some original poster key art.

Posted:   Jan 21, 2012 - 9:01 AM   
 By:   Smitty   (Member)

Anyone working on some iTunes covers? I'd really like some original poster key art.

I started scanning covers from the actual set.

http://www.albumartexchange.com/covers.php?sort=4&q=friday+the+13th+msmith&fltr=1&bgc=&page

Posted:   Jan 21, 2012 - 10:02 AM   
 By:   DeputyRiley   (Member)

IT'S HERE.

I did thank La La and Mr. Manfredini and everyone else who made this set possible in many threads, but it's one thing to thank them for releasing it and yet another to thank them once it's actually in my corkscrew-impaled hands.

Now that I see it sitting here, splayed out in front of me, about to play on my stereo, I have to say thank you once again to LLL, DarkDel, the FSM boards for keeping everything about the release up to date and sharing in excitement, to everyone else who worked on the set, and of course Mr. Manfredini, without whom none of this would be possible.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

big grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grin

Posted:   Jan 21, 2012 - 12:58 PM   

Ok, well I'm working my way through the box, now typing what will be the first of many comments on this glorious and magnificent set. On Part 1 right now. I have to say...

"Ralph In the Pantry" is (and always has been) the most creepy and spine-tingling music from the entire Friday the 13th series. It's only played a few more times (part 3 and part 7 I believe) in the series, but it is enormously effective horror music. A short cue at 1:30, it is simple enough in its bare-bones use of piano, synth line, and some other Friday the 13th trademark glassy or high piano rattling effect that I can't even begin to describe. It's effectively chilly as Carpenter's simple synth and piano combo was for Halloween. Not only is this the creepiest cue of the entire series, I'd even go so far as to call it one of the scariest cues ever written. There's just something about it that gets under my skin and then pulls out its tiny machete...

Posted:   Jan 21, 2012 - 2:53 PM   
 By:   jacksparrow900   (Member)

now that we have the first 6 friday the 13th scores is it possible to come up with a track list for part 7 using these soundtracks plus the cd for new blood any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted:   Jan 21, 2012 - 3:07 PM   
 By:   Ross1972   (Member)

now that we have the first 6 friday the 13th scores is it possible to come up with a track list for part 7 using these soundtracks plus the cd for new blood any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've been trying to do this myself. Its pretty hard. I've identified some sections- but there are many more that I haven't. Some of the tracks are small edits of different tracks mixed together, and in many cases Mollin's music also has snippet's of Manfredini's stuff mixed on top of it. And even some of Manfredini's stuff has additional Ch-chi-chi sections mixed over it. The other unfortunate thing is that Mollin's soundtrack is incomplete. None of his stuff from the final act (from the point where Tina finds all the bodies) is on the soundtrack (except the end credits).

Posted:   Jan 21, 2012 - 5:20 PM   

I've been trying to do this myself. Its pretty hard. I've identified some sections- but there are many more that I haven't. Some of the tracks are small edits of different tracks mixed together, and in many cases Mollin's music also has snippet's of Manfredini's stuff mixed on top of it. And even some of Manfredini's stuff has additional Ch-chi-chi sections mixed over it. The other unfortunate thing is that Mollin's soundtrack is incomplete. None of his stuff from the final act (from the point where Tina finds all the bodies) is on the soundtrack (except the end credits).

what have you identified so far.

Posted:   Jan 21, 2012 - 7:22 PM   

what have you identified so far.

There are parts (edited and switched around) from:
Part 6:
He Only Takes Visa
Finale
The Gang's All Here
The Survivalists
Megan Balances Business And Pleasure
Here we go again
Jason Out

Part 5:
Pam And Reggie Meet Jason
Anita And Demon

But there a lot more I haven't identified yet.

Posted:   Jan 22, 2012 - 5:10 AM   

i'll start a new thread to indentify what music cues were used in new blood

Posted:   Jan 22, 2012 - 8:24 AM   

i'll start a new thread to indentify what music cues were used in new blood

I promise to help as much as I can! smile Started in the other thread already, and thanks to you gentlemen also for trying to put this together.

Posted:   Jan 22, 2012 - 11:17 AM   

Here's covers I made using the original art:

Posted:   Jan 22, 2012 - 4:24 PM   
 By:   TruPretender   (Member)

IT'S HERE.

I did thank La La and Mr. Manfredini and everyone else who made this set possible in many threads, but it's one thing to thank them for releasing it and yet another to thank them once it's actually in my corkscrew-impaled hands.

Now that I see it sitting here, splayed out in front of me, about to play on my stereo, I have to say thank you once again to LLL, DarkDel, the FSM boards for keeping everything about the release up to date and sharing in excitement, to everyone else who worked on the set, and of course Mr. Manfredini, without whom none of this would be possible.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

big grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grin

I gotta second this. It's arrived, I have listened to it all, and I am completely ecstatic! I can't thank those at La La Land, Mr. Manfredini, or the rest of them enough!

BTW - The score to III is indeed complete. I was thrown off because "Chili Bites the Big One" is actually included in the track "The Fuse Box" and the song titled "Chili Bites the Big One" is really "Nobody Home" part 1. "Nobody Home" is actually the second part of it. All's fine at Camp Blood!

Posted:   Jan 22, 2012 - 4:44 PM   
 By:   Hedji   (Member)

Thanks for the covers, Ross1972! Those are perfect!!!

Posted:   Jan 22, 2012 - 5:23 PM   
 By:   Smokey McBongwater   (Member)

OUTSTANDING work there Ross! Thanks so much for taking the time to make and post these

Posted:   Jan 22, 2012 - 5:28 PM   

Thanks for the covers, Ross1972! Those are perfect!!!

OUTSTANDING work there Ross! Thanks so much for taking the time to make and post these

Thanks guys. And no problem! The original art for 4-6 is so much better than what they used.

Posted:   Jan 22, 2012 - 5:33 PM   
 By:   Josh   (Member)

Ross, those covers are AWESOME.

Posted:   Jan 22, 2012 - 8:47 PM   
 By:   The Mutant   (Member)

Dude. Amazing. Thank you!!!!! These shall shine in my iTunes library.

Posted:   Jan 24, 2012 - 6:36 AM   
 By:   Simon Underwood   (Member)

My copy (with lovely autographed booklet - did he sign the Ki-ki-ki, ma-ma-ma stave on all of them? If so, that's dedication!) turned up today.

I'm busy editing so I can't listen yet, but I'll just say no whining people on this forum (and you'll know who you are) get to criticise David Fein's art direction ever again - the entire set, CDs, cases, booklet and slipcase is GORGEOUS. It's beautiful, top class work that I'd want on my shelf even if I didn't like the music. Can't wait to dive into it.

Posted:   Jan 24, 2012 - 6:37 AM   
 By:   Simon Underwood   (Member)

Oops, double post. Just imagine I said something witty here.