Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   May 27, 2008 - 12:18 PM   
 By:   Thor   (Member)

Or rather....a 17-track selection from this impressive 4CD bootleg set of various tracks from their entire career (alternates, demos etc.).

Posted:   May 27, 2008 - 12:45 PM   

Annoyingly, the previously-mentioned CD-R bootlegs are suffering from digital age, and keep fluttering and clicking. I may have to throw them away. This one's playing now and seems fine, though...so far:

Posted:   May 27, 2008 - 1:17 PM   

Posted:   May 27, 2008 - 1:25 PM   

Contains David Gilmour's score for a 1992 Ruby Wax TV episode, among other things(!).

Posted:   May 28, 2008 - 7:30 AM   

NP: DREAM MIXES (The Pink Progressive Project)

This has to be a REALLY rare CD, because I couldn't find a cover of it ANYWHERE online! It's a 1997 album with various Pink Floyd "trance" remixes by the group The Pink Progressive Project. I think it may just be a one-time entity created for the purpose of this album (and consisting of various DJ's), because they never released anything else.

Posted:   May 28, 2008 - 1:21 PM   

A little break in my Pink Floyd marathon with this:

Posted:   May 28, 2008 - 1:58 PM   
 By:   RobotSam   (Member)

Posted:   May 29, 2008 - 11:11 AM   

Posted:   May 29, 2008 - 12:34 PM   

Posted:   May 31, 2008 - 7:41 AM   

Posted:   Jun 1, 2008 - 10:45 PM   
 By:   Josh   (Member)

MOVE TO GROOVE: The Best of 1970s Jazz-Funk

The ULTIMATE compilation of (mostly otherwise-unavailable on CD) grooves from the Verve catalog, featuring the likes of Roy Ayers, Jimmy Smith, Chico Hamilton, Ahmad Jamal, Randy Weston, Mandrill, and many others.

Samples here: http://www.amazon.com/Move-Groove-Best-1970s-Jazz-Funk/dp/B0000046XH/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1212385297&sr=8-1

Posted:   Jun 1, 2008 - 11:11 PM   
 By:   Michael24   (Member)

On vinyl, no less, since I've never gotten it on CD (now OOP) and my cassette is no longer in the best of shape.

Posted:   Jun 2, 2008 - 2:16 AM   
 By:   Alex Cremers   (Member)

Posted:   Jun 2, 2008 - 1:59 PM   
 By:   bapple326   (Member)

Keaton Simons' myspace. His cd comes out on the 10th and i cant wait to get it!! My fav song is nobody knows!

Posted:   Jun 2, 2008 - 3:16 PM   

Hey GoldsmithFan, I've had that Beach Boys album for YEARS...on cassette! In fact, it was one of the first ORIGINAL cassettes I got back in, was it 88 or 89 or thereabouts? It's stored away in my parents' attic now, but I have lots of nostalgia connected to that one. And it's a pretty nifty album too!

Posted:   Jun 2, 2008 - 6:42 PM   
 By:   Michael24   (Member)

Hey GoldsmithFan, I've had that Beach Boys album for YEARS...on cassette! In fact, it was one of the first ORIGINAL cassettes I got back in, was it 88 or 89 or thereabouts? It's stored away in my parents' attic now, but I have lots of nostalgia connected to that one. And it's a pretty nifty album too!

Cool. I have two cassettes, actually, because I had lost my first one, rebought it, and then found my original sometime later. Ha! Anyway, it was released in 1989, basically to capitalize on the recent success they'd had with "Kokomo," their first #1 hit in just over twenty years. Only about half the tracks on the album were brand new, while the others were standards like "California Girls" and "I Get Around" that had recently been used in popular films.

I saw them play all of these and more in concert (my first one ever) shortly after the album came out, so it brings back a lot of memories whenever I listen to it. My parents even gave me the aisle seat at the concert, and I got to slap high fives with the band as they hurried backstage after the show was over. Mike Love even looked at me and said, "I think it's past your bedtime, kiddo," since it was close to 11 by the time the show was over and it was a school night. big grin Still have my concert ticket, too.

Posted:   Jun 3, 2008 - 12:15 AM   

Cool. I have two cassettes, actually, because I had lost my first one, rebought it, and then found my original sometime later. Ha! Anyway, it was released in 1989, basically to capitalize on the recent success they'd had with "Kokomo," their first #1 hit in just over twenty years. Only about half the tracks on the album were brand new, while the others were standards like "California Girls" and "I Get Around" that had recently been used in popular films.

I saw them play all of these and more in concert (my first one ever) shortly after the album came out, so it brings back a lot of memories whenever I listen to it. My parents even gave me the aisle seat at the concert, and I got to slap high fives with the band as they hurried backstage after the show was over. Mike Love even looked at me and said, "I think it's past your bedtime, kiddo," since it was close to 11 by the time the show was over and it was a school night. big grin Still have my concert ticket, too.

That's cool! I wish I'd seen them live...or at least a Brian Wilson solo concert. But I guess I have to make my way over to Florida or California or something for that.

Posted:   Jun 3, 2008 - 8:46 AM   

Posted:   Jun 3, 2008 - 9:10 PM   

Sample (title track): http://mfile3.akamai.com/14123/wm2/muze.download.akamai.com/2890/us/uswm2/_!/130/73130_1_03.asx?auth=daEdOdKcgaOdBbKb_aFdBaubGacaPbEcOct-birHvT-Ci-aggdi&aifp=1234&obj=v10207

Posted:   Jun 3, 2008 - 9:44 PM   

Bo Hansson ~ Lord of the Rings (1972), a "concept album" inspired by Tolkien's novels.

Samples:

Leaving Shire http://www.amazon.com/gp/music/wma-pop-up/B000002R8K001001/ref=mu_sam_wma_001_001

The Black Riders & Flight To The Ford http://www.amazon.com/gp/music/wma-pop-up/B000002R8K001004/ref=mu_sam_wma_001_004

A Journey In The Dark http://www.amazon.com/gp/music/wma-pop-up/B000002R8K001006/ref=mu_sam_wma_001_006

Homeward Bound & The Scouring Of The Shire http://www.amazon.com/gp/music/wma-pop-up/B000002R8K001011/ref=mu_sam_wma_001_011