Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Jun 19, 2007 - 1:51 PM   
 By:   neotrinity   (Member)

Not exactly for FYO, Timmer, but hope these pix refresh your ever-eager orbs:

As for Klebb and Bunt, characters only an, um, mother, could love …

“Now where was I? Oh, yes …”

Your appraisal of Moneypenny, Eric-San, hasta be, far and away, one of the FINEST we’ve ever absorbed with your supremely savvy sub-textural reading of she and He Who Would Not Be Tied Down. (When our Appreciation on the Bond Films is published, you’ve honestly earned a royal acknowledgment for that sparkling insight).

We also have to admit Samantha Bond's a close favorite, the sole successor to imbue the role with a spark all her own: mischievious, out-of-reach, but with a touch of class we found invigorating.

And her finale in DIE ANOTHER DAY was a terrifically clever swan-song that Bond (she, not he) carried off with a snazzy style which still makes us smile.

We also had the pleasure of seeing Bond and Judi Dench on Broadway during the summer of 1999 when they brought their acclaimed production of “Amy’s View” across the pond. Tho Dench predictably got the lion’s share of the raves, Bond’s character was the pivotal sparkplug, which the actress performed with impressive intensity.

But it’ll always be memorable Miss Maxwell with top billing always in all ways

Posted:   Jun 19, 2007 - 4:29 PM   
 By:   Tall Guy   (Member)

a spirt of pettiness

Yeah, Greg, you'd better look out for that. Although we spell it with a "u" in England.

Posted:   Jun 19, 2007 - 5:05 PM   
 By:   Greg Bryant   (Member)

Yeah, Greg, you'd better look out for that. Although we spell it with a "u" in England.

Huh?

confused

Posted:   Jun 19, 2007 - 5:34 PM   

Spurt

Posted:   Jun 19, 2007 - 5:45 PM   
 By:   Eric Paddon   (Member)

Greg's cluelessness stems from the fact that he lacks the fortitude to see a response to his petty ambush job that he could get away with while keeping his ignore switch on.

Just a little spurt of the spirit of pettiness on his part.

Posted:   Jun 19, 2007 - 5:55 PM   

Spurt

No, I meant who's being petty?

confused

Posted:   Jun 19, 2007 - 5:58 PM   

This is getting more and more amusing, I will admit, to see how this guy's pettiness is rendering him clueless. smile

Posted:   Jun 19, 2007 - 6:08 PM   
 By:   Oblicno   (Member)

Anyways...

Marceau. Dr Quinn Medicine Bond Girl. That Starship Troopers girl, and Fiona Fullerton...

and Halle Berry...

and Munro...

and the rest of them...

Posted:   Jun 19, 2007 - 6:49 PM   

and Halle Berry...

I wasn't impressed with Halle. Nor the rest of the movie, for that matter.

Posted:   Jun 19, 2007 - 7:32 PM   

Your appraisal of Moneypenny, Eric-San, hasta be, far and away, one of the FINEST we’ve ever absorbed with your supremely savvy sub-textural reading of she and He Who Would Not Be Tied Down. (When our Appreciation on the Bond Films is published, you’ve honestly earned a royal acknowledgment for that sparkling insight).

Thank you and much appreciated! Samantha Bond I felt did fine in the roll, adding a level of independence while retaining her basic feeling for Bond. The less said about Caroline Bliss, the better IMO.

But Lois was of course, and always shall be the best. smile

Posted:   Jun 19, 2007 - 7:42 PM   

I wasn't impressed with Halle. Nor the rest of the movie, for that matter.

i havent seen the film, was just impressed by the photos. she's luvverly.

Posted:   Jun 19, 2007 - 7:43 PM   

No, I meant who's being petty?

confused

Mea culpa, Greg...sorry for any misunderstanding. It's all the pictures on these threads that have addled my already overtaxed brain. Or perhaps diverted the blood away from it. Or something.

Posted:   Jun 19, 2007 - 7:50 PM   
 By:   Mr. Marshall   (Member)

And no mention of the incredibly gorgeous Madeline Smith? ( anyone find a pic to show? )

Yeah, I know she was only seen ( ohhhhh too briefly frown ) in Live And Let Die when Bond magnetically undoes her dresswink

I guess many here will remember her more for her naked lesbian cavorting with Ingrid Pitt in Hammer's The Vampire Lovers cool

I think i taped that scene from the laserdisc>
Ah, laser discs. Sigh>

Posted:   Jun 19, 2007 - 7:54 PM   
 By:   Mr. Marshall   (Member)

I bet tall guy's fave is bRitt ecchlund...
or, maybe Madonna...?
smile
bruce

Posted:   Jun 19, 2007 - 7:58 PM   

Mea culpa, Greg...sorry for any misunderstanding. It's all the pictures on these threads that have addled my already overtaxed brain. Or perhaps diverted the blood away from it. Or something.

No complaints there, Chris. Bond women do have that impact upon us.

Posted:   Jun 19, 2007 - 8:01 PM   

Anyone remember Stella Stevens from The Silencers, first stuck in the mud, and later with Matt Helm's backwards firing gun?

Or for that matter that big bed he had that would spin around, then lift up the occupants and deposit them in his big swimming pool / bath?

Posted:   Jun 19, 2007 - 8:02 PM   
 By:   neotrinity   (Member)

Gee, Chris, sorry about the adrenalin rush with all these purty, percolatin' pictures.

Mebbe we shoulda advised (Shut Down Your Engines)? razz

As the line goes,

"Discipline, 007 ... Discipline." ...

Posted:   Jun 19, 2007 - 8:05 PM   

That Famke Jansen, lass, bung her on an' all...

Posted:   Jun 19, 2007 - 10:18 PM   
 By:   Timmer   (Member)

Neotrinity

Is Maddy a babe or what?cool

Posted:   Jun 20, 2007 - 1:55 AM   
 By:   ANZALDIMAN   (Member)

"Did someone forget to mention Mrs. Pussycat? Sorry, old boy."