Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Nov 17, 2013 - 11:43 AM   
 By:   Ron Hardcastle   (Member)

A few weeks later, and I never did go back to watch those 15 Hitchcock films chronologically. Instead, I started with "The Birds" the day I received the collection, and last night watched "Rear Window." Funny. I had only intended to watch a little of it, but ended up watching it all, as well as nearly 3 hours of some of the voluminous extras, which made me realize that there is so much material that I'll NEVER watch it all. But it's still nice to have it! As for "Rear Window," it looked gorgeous, and I couldn't pull myself away from James Stewart and Grace Kelly and Thelma Ritter and Raymond Burr until the film ended, and then it was more hours devoted to just some of the extras about that film.

Posted:   Nov 18, 2013 - 4:32 AM   
 By:   GreatGonzo   (Member)

Available on Amazon.co.uk for 48 pounds (approx 78 dollars) now.
Region-free, but doesn't have NORTH BY NORTHWEST.

Posted:   Nov 18, 2013 - 9:22 AM   
 By:   Ron Hardcastle   (Member)

Getting cheaper and cheaper -- what did I pay? $110? But that happens, and we all know that it could just as easily have sold out and then we'd be scrambling to find it. I still miss "Dial M For Murder" and "To Catch A Thief" and a couple of others, which I'll buy separately.