Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Aug 10, 2014 - 2:46 AM   
 By:   BillCarson   (Member)

bad news for aston villa fans - baffling new signing joe cole is fit for their game next weekend.

was hunting for the community shield today but its on BT sport. groan. And highlights on motd with that amazing new panel that TG told us about.

west ham win a match. 3-2 against someone. Even that lazy lump Diame scored.

Posted:   Aug 10, 2014 - 4:00 AM   
 By:   Thomas   (Member)

Don't think I'll even bother to watch it today, these pre-season friendlies are crap (which is essentially what the Charity...erm, Community Shield is). It's like wanting to have a steak but having to make do with a Pot Noodle! Heard a rumour earlier that Liverpool are closing in on a deal for Cavani...I'll believe that when I see it!!

And yes, a good start for Hockeyman at Leeds. He belongs at that level, he says. Not that anyone knows who he is. It will get worse too, with Byram on his way to Southampton this week. That should cheer TG up even more!

Posted:   Aug 10, 2014 - 7:44 AM   
 By:   Jim Phelps   (Member)

It's 2-0 Arsenal just before the half. Alexis Sanchez looks to be a good fit for the Gunners. There's been some nice passing, too.

Love the massive boos for former Arsenal man Samir Nasri. This match is essentially an Arsenal home game.

Howard Webb retires from refereeing. Thought I'd post that for the record that is this magnificent thread.

Posted:   Aug 10, 2014 - 7:58 AM   
 By:   Tall Guy   (Member)

Don't think I'll even bother to watch it today, these pre-season friendlies are crap (which is essentially what the Charity...erm, Community Shield is). It's like wanting to have a steak but having to make do with a Pot Noodle! Heard a rumour earlier that Liverpool are closing in on a deal for Cavani...I'll believe that when I see it!!

And yes, a good start for Hockeyman at Leeds. He belongs at that level, he says. Not that anyone knows who he is. It will get worse too, with Byram on his way to Southampton this week. That should cheer TG up even more!

I'm perfectly cheery, thanks. Enjoyed a trip to Harrogate this morning with my lady, left the kids in bed, took our time browsing around Waterstones bookshop, Mrs TG spending a birthday voucher on a curry recipe book (so there's much to look forward to) and we had a nice relaxed lunch at Cafe Rouge.

Football? What the heck's that?

(on a serious note, I've decided to go to Elland Road on Tuesday to run the rule over the new players in a cup game against Accrington Stanley)

Posted:   Aug 10, 2014 - 9:36 AM   
 By:   Kev McGann   (Member)

Accrinton' Stanley!!! Who Are They!!??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6HWNzzR070

Posted:   Aug 10, 2014 - 11:47 AM   

Thanks, Kev, you never let me down!

Posted:   Aug 10, 2014 - 1:07 PM   

yes i suspect kev may have posted that ad before - a couple of times!

sad to say i remember it.
and the humpheys before that!

Posted:   Aug 11, 2014 - 9:32 AM   

the hammers in for Connor wickham
he would do. although not convinced he isnt a bit of n unknown quantity and a flash in the pan.

Posted:   Aug 11, 2014 - 11:30 AM   
 By:   johnjohnson   (Member)

Accrinton' Stanley!!! Who Are They!!??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6HWNzzR070

Back in the good ol' days. lol

Posted:   Aug 12, 2014 - 2:25 AM   

Good article, 10 players to watch this season (there's even a West Ham player included, Bill!!)..

http://www.football365.com/topical-top-10/9417480/Top-Ten

Posted:   Aug 12, 2014 - 4:38 AM   

Today! Super Cup! Real Madrid! Sevilla!

I'm so excited! (or not)

Posted:   Aug 12, 2014 - 4:47 AM   
 By:   Kev McGann   (Member)

Do we need to start a new thread for the new season?
Don't big threads slow the engine down?
If a tree falls... wink

Posted:   Aug 12, 2014 - 4:54 AM   

I think that's a good idea, Kev. I'll have to move the season-opening Leeds United defeat over to it. Maybe the season should be titled with the addition of "2014-15"?

Posted:   Aug 12, 2014 - 6:20 AM   

I don't think we need to worry about that with this thread yet. There are several threads on this side of the board that people still post on that are much longer than this one. I say keep her rolling!!

Posted:   Aug 12, 2014 - 8:17 AM   

i suppose it makes sense to condense them by season, for future reerence and label as such

now all our pre season waffle wil b lost! bit like west ham games.

Posted:   Aug 12, 2014 - 12:56 PM   

stop press - leeds winning 2-0!!

Posted:   Aug 12, 2014 - 2:35 PM   

Souleymane Doukara - the French Ross McCormack.

Posted:   Aug 12, 2014 - 2:50 PM   

Breaking news today that pop singer Rihanna is interested in buying Liverpool. Hope that doesn't distract the playerswink

Posted:   Aug 13, 2014 - 11:24 AM   

Kolo Toure rejects a transfer to Turkey. Pity that, I thought a move to Heispisspoor would have been good for him.

Posted:   Aug 13, 2014 - 11:42 AM   

and i think you got a bloke from palace??