Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Dec 29, 2011 - 6:15 PM   
 By:   dan the man   (Member)

What is the charm that you drink so much you have to vomit in a bar's toilet bowl, it often seems the people who do are the repeaters, don't they ever learn their lesson

Posted:   Dec 29, 2011 - 6:20 PM   
 By:   Adam B.   (Member)

Didn't footies used to be called socks?

Posted:   Dec 29, 2011 - 6:22 PM   
 By:   TM2-Megatron   (Member)

When you wash your laundry, do you put the soap on the bottom of the washing machine, with your clothing on top of it; or do you put the soap on top of your clothing?

Personally, I start the water going, put some detergent in and let it mix around a bit, then put the heaviest items (pants, jeans, towels, etc.) in, add a bit more detergent on top of them, then put in the regular stuff (shirts, shorts, etc.), a bit more detergent on top of them, and then finally the lighest stuff (socks, boxers, etc.) and add the last of the detergent on top of those.

Sure, it may all get mixed up in there eventually, but the wash cycle doesn't last forever and I want all the clothes to get a good dose of detergent before it's drained.

Posted:   Dec 31, 2011 - 1:48 PM   
 By:   Jim Phelps   (Member)

In retrospect, Toni Tennille was pretty damned hot, wasn't she?

Posted:   Dec 31, 2011 - 4:41 PM   

Yes and so was Joey Heatherton.

Posted:   Jan 3, 2012 - 6:50 AM   

When charity organizations decline your donations, isn't that a case of beggars being choosers?

Posted:   Jan 3, 2012 - 5:08 PM   
 By:   random guy   (Member)

why do women always call out your full name when they're mad? is calling someone let's say andrew instead of andy like she usually does suppose to accomplish anything? anywho back to MW3

Posted:   Jan 3, 2012 - 6:17 PM   

Toddlers and Tiaras...that's child abuse, right?

Posted:   Jan 3, 2012 - 6:20 PM   
 By:   msmith   (Member)

Why doesn't Tarzan have a beard?
How come Jane doesn't have hairy legs?

Posted:   Jan 3, 2012 - 7:34 PM   

While we are on that topic how come in so many biblical movies they show so many people so well built and strong, so healthy looking, men and women, yet have you ever look at very old family pictures of so many people[relatives and the like] and they look so old feeble looking, both young and old.Oh hollywood, the dream factory.

Posted:   Jan 3, 2012 - 7:36 PM   

To MSmith- Didn't you know Norelco had a giant factory in Africa over a hundred years ago.

Posted:   Jan 3, 2012 - 8:43 PM   
 By:   gone   (Member)

If Tarzan was raised by apes, and protector of all jungle animals, does that mean he was a vegetarian? Were bananas sufficient to build that physique or did he sometimes sneak off for an antelope steak? Was Cheeta working for Tarzan (on the jungle payroll), a volunteer, a pet, or simply an ape friend who preferred hanging out with humans rather than other chimps?

Posted:   Jan 4, 2012 - 4:05 PM   

How come it's daylight when Joseph Gordon-Levitt goes in the house in Halloween H20 and is dark outside when he leaves the house about 90 seconds later?

Posted:   Jan 4, 2012 - 7:36 PM   

Because the director and the editor didn't know what the hell they were doing?

Posted:   Jan 4, 2012 - 7:38 PM   

An eclipse?

Posted:   Jan 5, 2012 - 10:20 AM   

Why don't people drink a glass of hot water to take the chill off when they've been out in the cold?

Posted:   Jan 6, 2012 - 4:46 AM   

The Bee Gees' falsetto voices...what was with that crap, anyway?

Posted:   Jan 6, 2012 - 10:11 AM   

The Bee Gees' falsetto voices...what was with that crap, anyway?

Songfacts:

It began with the song "Nights On Broadway"
While recording this, the producer Arif Martin asked if one of the Bee Gees could do some screaming during the main chorus to make the song more exciting. In response, Barry Gibb began singing higher and higher, eventually singing it in a falsetto that was unexpectedly powerful. He had never known he had such an ability and Barry's falsetto became a trademark of the Bee Gees. Barry Gibb recalled in a May 2001 interview with Mojo magazine: "Arif said to me, 'Can you scream?' I said, Under certain circumstances. He said, 'Can you scream in tune?' I said, Well, I'll try."

Barry Gibb on The Larry King show February 2, 2002 on his first use of falsetto on this song: "It came to me in a dream. There was a request by Arif Martin, who was like an uncle to us, he was a great record producer during the song 'Nights On Broadway,' for the Main Course album, which is previous to the 'Fever' syndrome. And he said, 'Can any of you scream... scream in falsetto.' So, you know, give us an ad lib or a scream at the end. So from screaming, it turned into things like Blaming It All."

Posted:   Jan 6, 2012 - 10:23 AM   
 By:   random guy   (Member)

that's what she said?, why does she snitch so much *crickets* my barber told that joke a lot better smile

Posted:   Jan 10, 2012 - 4:37 AM   

The Roadhouse/Renegades releases sure got a tepid response from this usually-eighties-worshiping place, didn't they? big grin