Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   May 16, 2013 - 5:31 AM   
 By:   Vermithrax Pejorative   (Member)

John Terry has become a bit of a laughing stock these last two years, with his quick Mr Benn-like change from his suit - from being banned or injured - to his full kit, including shin-pads!!!
What a complete and absolute tosser!! Someone take him out with the rubbish please!

Posted:   May 16, 2013 - 5:44 AM   
 By:   Thomas   (Member)

And speaking of ugly, how come that scrote gets to lift a trophy AGAIN when he wasn't involved in the game?

This is the only contribution Terry has made in a European Final...

Must say congratulations to Rafa though. Proved again he's a top class manager. I expect him to be managing Real Madrid soon.

Posted:   May 16, 2013 - 6:08 AM   

Chelsea win the Europa Cup which I'm sure is a great consolation prize and payoff but my god is that trophy ugly. Looks like a BBC prop from Pertwee-era Dr Who.

It's still an improvement on this monstrosity. I believe it is the 'Giant Peanut Grower of the Year' award...

Posted:   May 16, 2013 - 7:01 AM   
 By:   Jim Phelps   (Member)

Chelsea win the Europa Cup which I'm sure is a great consolation prize and payoff but my god is that trophy ugly. Looks like a BBC prop from Pertwee-era Dr Who.

It's still an improvement on this monstrosity. I believe it is the 'Giant Peanut Grower of the Year' award...

Oh, is that what it looks like? My NFL team hasn't won that thing in forty years.

Posted:   May 16, 2013 - 7:05 AM   

Oh, is that what it looks like? My NFL team hasn't won that thing in forty years.

What?!! And you dare have the audacity to slag me for Liverpool not winning the league for near 25 years!!

Posted:   May 16, 2013 - 7:13 AM   

True, but I no longer follow that sport. smile It's all about The Beautiful Game. Now please, let's not sully this thread with any more NFL prattle.

Instead, let's talk about Paulo Maldini. big grin

Posted:   May 17, 2013 - 6:07 AM   

C'mon Thomas, share your favorite Liverpool FC moments. smile

David Beckham retired. Why was he great again?

Posted:   May 18, 2013 - 3:48 PM   

Fabio Caressa RULES.

http://www.loudfootball.com/italy-vs-germany-2006-world-cup-italian-commentator/

Posted:   May 19, 2013 - 1:20 AM   
 By:   Tall Guy   (Member)

Try this one, if Sky haven't pulled it by the time you read this...

I believe Sir Elton John sent him some champagne and a card to thank him for this piece of commentary (being a lifelong Watford fan)

In other news, I wonder if Posh finds it hard to be so effin' miserable all the time.

TG

Posted:   May 19, 2013 - 1:20 AM   

Hey, and what about Manchester United blowing a 5-2 lead and ending on a draw with a gutsy West Bromwich in Ferguson's final game?

Not to mention Norwich City beating Manchester City at the Ethiad 3-2!

And a good win for WHU, the Hammers hammering already-relegated Reading 4-2 on Kevin Nolan's hat trick!

Shame about Tottenham missing out on a CL spot yet again because of Arsenal winning at Newcastle!

And did you see the reports of Real Madrid losing La Copa del Rey final to a desperately-in-need-of-mass-haircuts-and-shaves Atletico Madrid?

wink

Posted:   May 19, 2013 - 4:04 AM   

I love that about Sky; They have a guy describing the action when all they have to do is point the camera at the match in progress. wink

While that guy was shrieking like a stuck pig, I couldn't help but notice the supporters flooding the pitch with the yellow-jacketed security personnel trying to stop them. Good luck with that! lol

I would watch the Championship if those games were available here. I like to keep an eye on the up-and-comers.

Posted:   May 19, 2013 - 7:14 PM   

What? Not a word about Manchester United blowing a 5-2 lead and ending on a draw with a gutsy West Bromwich in Ferguson's final game?

What? Nothing about Norwich City beating Manchester City at the Ethiad 3-2?

What? Nothing about the Hammers hammering already-relegated Reading 4-2 on Kevin Nolan's hat trick?

What? Nothing on Tottenham missing out on a CL spot yet again because of Arsenal winning at Newcastle?

What? Nothing on Real Madrid losing La Copa del Rey final to a desperately-in-need-of-mass-haircuts-and-shaves Atletico Madrid? Where's Grahm S. Watt and his Barca pidgin talk?

What? What? What? LOL!

Posted:   May 20, 2013 - 3:59 AM   

What? Nothing on Jamie Carragher's retirement? Paul Scholes'? Hell, Mark Halsey's?

Posted:   May 20, 2013 - 4:06 AM   

What? Not a word about Manchester United blowing a 5-2 lead and ending on a draw with a gutsy West Bromwich in Ferguson's final game?

What? Nothing about Norwich City beating Manchester City at the Ethiad 3-2?

What? Nothing about the Hammers hammering already-relegated Reading 4-2 on Kevin Nolan's hat trick?

What? Nothing on Tottenham missing out on a CL spot yet again because of Arsenal winning at Newcastle?

What? Nothing on Real Madrid losing La Copa del Rey final to a desperately-in-need-of-mass-haircuts-and-shaves Atletico Madrid? Where's Grahm S. Watt and his Barca pidgin talk?

What? What? What? LOL!

I think you'll find I did mention these. You must have missed it.... big grin

Heh heh - I feel like Doctor Who, messing with wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey!

Posted:   May 20, 2013 - 5:00 AM   

Have you been posting on the "Series 7" thread? I had no idea Pertwee's first series as The Doctor was so popular with the kids around here! big grin

Posted:   May 20, 2013 - 7:05 AM   

One last title for Sir Alex Ferguson. I'm sure he'd like to forget the epic collapse of yesterday's match vs. West Brom; a much better side than anyone gives them credit for. smile

Posted:   May 20, 2013 - 9:04 AM   
 By:   Kev McGann   (Member)

Nope Jim, nothing to discuss til August now.
It was a disappointing season for LFC overall. Sure, progress is being made on the playing field. In fact, we finished quite strongly, even without Count Suarez!
I hope we can find some consistency next season, add a few decent defenders and maybe another attacking midfielder and striker. Coutinho looks VERY promising and Sturridge and Suarez should get to know each other better. I'm hopeful, but then I always am at season's start.
I was sad Spurs didn't clinch 4th spot. I'm sick of Arsenal getting it every year and doing nothing with it. I hope all the prem teams with new managers crash, burn and EPIC FAIL next season smile

Posted:   May 20, 2013 - 2:09 PM   

It was a disappointing season for LFC overall. Sure, progress is being made on the playing field. In fact, we finished quite strongly, even without Count Suarez!

That's almost what everyone else calls him...

wink

For LFC, read also LUFC. A brightish end to the season after a really poor run up to and over Easter, but we're under new management and with a few new players we can expect at least a play-off place. And I recall saying the same thing for the last couple of years. It's what keeps us interested.

TG

Posted:   May 20, 2013 - 8:12 PM   

I should also mention that Newcastle United goalkeeper Steve Harper retired after twenty years with the club.

Posted:   May 21, 2013 - 7:58 AM   
 By:   Vermithrax Pejorative   (Member)

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/world-of-sport/bardsley-incurs-di-canio-wrath-passing-pile-cash-123600794.html

Maybe you are a fascist...maybe you are a racist...but you are also right on this incident.