Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   May 30, 2013 - 4:57 AM   
 By:   BillCarson   (Member)

Sorry not bin abt. Broadband problems. Bet none of u even noticed, ya gits!

Posting by phone - amazing these smartmobiles.

I see england are still shit then?!

Posted:   May 30, 2013 - 5:13 AM   
 By:   Tall Guy   (Member)

Sorry, fella, and you are....?

Posted:   May 30, 2013 - 5:17 AM   

Posting by phone - amazing these smartmobiles.

I see england are still shit then?!

He heh - I didn't question your absence, 'cos I was expecting it.

Yes, England are in fact beyond shit. Andy Townsend probably had eleven candidates for man of the match before he even got to an England player. Ireland showed us up in every department - one can only hope that when the underdog boot is on the other foot at the weekend against Naymar (and whoever else plays for Brazil nowadays) we can raise our game.

Posted:   May 30, 2013 - 5:25 AM   
 By:   Thomas   (Member)

Haven't we all known for years now that Ingerland are indeed, shit. How they are currently ranked 7th by FIFA is anyone's guess...

http://www.fifa.com/worldranking/rankingtable/index.html

They are too slow and predictable in their play, and the formation they use is redundant nowadays. That's not 'Woy' Hodgson's fault however, no matter what the media may say. He simply doesn't have the technical quality or creative ability of player to change much.

I mean, they couldn't even beat the international equivalent of a pub team last nightwink

Posted:   May 30, 2013 - 7:43 AM   
 By:   Jim Phelps   (Member)

I thought the England-ROI match was enjoyable. Seamus Coleman had a fine night, as did Gary Cahill for England. Chamberlain had several chances as did Theo Walcott. I liked how it was clearly an Ireland crowd who attended. Wayne Rooney did another of his game long disappearing acts, and commentator Martin Tyler even showed signs of life. I'm looking forward to the Kittens' friendly vs Brazil on Sunday.

Posted:   May 31, 2013 - 8:58 AM   

Suarez's announcement and no Kev or Thomas??? whats going on???!!

Hang on to your daughters - I am now broadbanded up good and proper so Bill is back!!!!

Posted:   May 31, 2013 - 11:24 AM   
 By:   Kev McGann   (Member)

Haha, welcome back Bill.
It looks like Suarez's ploy when he wants to move on is to bite an opponent.
He did it with Ajax, got banned and moved on and history seems to be repeating itself.
Does he get out of the ban if he moves to Spain or Germany? Maybe that's also part of the ploy.
Stay or Go?, I don't care anymore. He's a very talented footballer, but if he doesn't want to play for us (and he's bad news if he does move on because the club have really gone out on a limb to support him numerous times in the past) then sell the treacherous little git and spend the money wisely! In Brendan We Trust smile

Posted:   May 31, 2013 - 1:08 PM   

Ban applies everywhere. Fifa authorised. Except mars

Funnily enough, Kev, I felt like that when Andy Carroll said he wanted to 'see what other offers there are out there' instead of being grateful a club with wingers wanted to make him their star man .

What he doesnt seem to get is that - despite the aerial strength he has - that very few 'Top' clubs want to play to his style - as it has limitations. Top teams can afford skilful strikers who move about and cause problems that way (like Van P, Tevez, Suarez, defoe, sturridge, etc) so you would probably have to go down the table beyond the top 6 or 7 clubs before you found a team that would be willing to commit their playing shape totally around one man.
Then you are faced with what? West Brom? Norwich? Fulham? Sunderland? Stoke?
Hes better off sticking at West Ham where he is liked and the system gives him his best chance of getting in the england set up.

Put bluntly, Allardyce's commitment to build the team around him should be enough for him to say great, where do I sign. If he aint bright enough to see that or his agent isnt, then there's another player making bad decisions for the rest of his career...

Posted:   May 31, 2013 - 3:34 PM   

Did any of you footballcentric Englishers watch a cracking Coupe de France final today? It was a nice back-and-forth match with Bordeaux defeating Evian, 3-2 (It was the "Wine vs. Water Final").

Of course you didn't. lol

Posted:   May 31, 2013 - 3:44 PM   

Nope. Phillistine unbeliever that I am.

Anyway, wont watch French football just in case I catch a cutaway of Beckham sitting in the the crowd with his sprogs. Just too awful to contemplate. Thankfully the shit has had the decency to pack it in - albeit about 3 years and 17 england cap 4 minute substitutions too late.

Posted:   May 31, 2013 - 4:14 PM   

Bill, your post is a perfect encapsulation of the respectable, self-hating English football supporter. lol

Posted:   Jun 1, 2013 - 2:05 AM   

why thank you Jim, I do my best. Partisan, ignorant, poisonous, twisted - was that enough? I mean, I can get worse if its needed!!!

Or we could always get TG started on Fergie....

By the way, TG, Kev etc, vis-a-vis what we were discussing earlier in the thread about ManUtd players being over-indulged as managers - has there been a worse one blindly worshipped and overrated by the press than Mark Hughes?!! The guy has done nothing as a manager - disaster at - where was it? - Blackburn?, nothing great at Fulham, and woefully not good enough with a massive budget at man city - a team my Nan couldve won the league with. What is it with these chairman?? Now theyre considering him for the Stoke job! Why??????
Serial failure alert.

Posted:   Jun 1, 2013 - 8:46 PM   

Bayern Munich win the treble and all you boys can think about is pathetic Liverpool? wink Nice that Mario Gomez and his hair possibly end their time at Bayern with two goals in their 3-2 win. It was also nice that Stuttgart battled on and pulled back two goals after falling under 3-0. Tomorrow I get to watch team USA against what I suppose will be an under strength German national team.

Posted:   Jun 2, 2013 - 4:55 AM   

With all this Mourinho "will he or won't he come back" stuff, it makes me wonder: Who was the lat *English* manager who was sought after and the subject of endless media time wasting?

Posted:   Jun 2, 2013 - 7:01 AM   

why thank you Jim, I do my best. Partisan, ignorant, poisonous, twisted - was that enough? I mean, I can get worse if its needed!!!

Or we could always get TG started on Fergie....

By the way, TG, Kev etc, vis-a-vis what we were discussing earlier in the thread about ManUtd players being over-indulged as managers - has there been a worse one blindly worshipped and overrated by the press than Mark Hughes?!! The guy has done nothing as a manager - disaster at - where was it? - Blackburn?, nothing great at Fulham, and woefully not good enough with a massive budget at man city - a team my Nan couldve won the league with. What is it with these chairman?? Now theyre considering him for the Stoke job! Why??????
Serial failure alert.

Fergie who? big grin

Otherwise, an excellent post. Hughes was a very good player but an utter cheat, and a poor manager. Astonishing how anyone still falls for that "do you know who I am" crap.

TG

Posted:   Jun 2, 2013 - 2:28 PM   

You know, Fergie! Sir Alex Ferguson! Manchester United manager for 26 years. Twice the European champion, thirteen times champion of England. Remember? big grin

Hey, England managed a draw with Brazil. I'll bet you boys are--hey! Becks is in town!!!

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/mls/story/david-beckham-checks-out-miami%2C-looks-at-mls-investment-prospects-060213

Oh, and team USA beat Germany's B Team today.

Posted:   Jun 2, 2013 - 4:06 PM   
 By:   johnjohnson   (Member)

Oh, and team USA beat Germany's B Team today.

Posted:   Jun 3, 2013 - 4:52 AM   

You know, Fergie! Sir Alex Ferguson! Manchester United manager for 26 years. Twice the European champion, thirteen times champion of England. Remember?

No, sorry, pal - doesn't ring any bells...

Posted:   Jun 3, 2013 - 4:57 AM   

You know, Fergie! Sir Alex Ferguson! Manchester United manager for 26 years. Twice the European champion, thirteen times champion of England. Remember?

No, sorry, pal - doesn't ring any bells...

One more hint: Ferguson managed in the league ABOVE Leeds United. big grin

Posted:   Jun 3, 2013 - 7:07 AM   

C'mon! Don't be "Blue"! Mourinho's back!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22574810

Absolutely can't stand the picture of John Terry's ugly mug celebrating their Premier League win though. lol: