Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Dec 4, 2013 - 10:23 AM   
 By:   Anthony Marose   (Member)

Just saw the new design and while I'm sure it will take some simple adjusting, I think it's a fresh and modern look. Aside from a few odds and ends, I like it over-all. What do the rest of you think?

Note: Finally they've made available the rear artwork on their product pages! : )

Posted:   Dec 4, 2013 - 10:27 AM   
 By:   Ado   (Member)

A terrific improvement.

It is the best looking and easiest to use score vendor site.

Posted:   Dec 4, 2013 - 10:42 AM   
 By:   SchiffyM   (Member)

I think it's terrific. I never thought I had a problem with the old one, but this one is beautiful!

(Although, in fairness, it won't make me buy a single CD I wouldn't have before, nor dissuade me from one I wanted.)

Posted:   Dec 4, 2013 - 10:45 AM   
 By:   Lokutus   (Member)

Can't see much of a difference... except for the forum link now nowhere to be found.

Posted:   Dec 4, 2013 - 10:47 AM   

Can't see much of a difference... except for the forum link now nowhere to be found.

You mean the complete redesign isn't showing up for you?

Posted:   Dec 4, 2013 - 10:51 AM   
 By:   Michael24   (Member)

For me, it looks exactly the same as it has for the last few years or so, although for some reason the Conti Bad Boys cover is showing full size instead of as a thumbnail.

Probably a cache thing, though.

Posted:   Dec 4, 2013 - 10:53 AM   
 By:   Smitty   (Member)

For me, it looks exactly the same as it has for the last few years or so, although for some reason the Conti Bad Boys cover is showing full size instead of as a thumbnail.

Probably a cache thing, though.

Try this:

http://store.intrada.com/

Posted:   Dec 4, 2013 - 11:00 AM   
 By:   Loren   (Member)

Now it looks a lot more professional

Posted:   Dec 4, 2013 - 11:01 AM   
 By:   Michael24   (Member)

Try this:

http://store.intrada.com/

Yup, that one works. Thanks. smile

When I go to the regular www.intrada.com, I still see the old site (although the URL changes to something else once I'm there), but I'm sure before long it will refresh in my cache and start showing me the new one.

Posted:   Dec 4, 2013 - 11:01 AM   
 By:   eggerty31   (Member)

Oh......

me like smile

Posted:   Dec 4, 2013 - 11:03 AM   
 By:   Grecchus   (Member)

My honest opinion - preferred it as it was. Is Intrada attempting to shift focus from here to there?

I had a look at the forum presentation. It is very much like any other and looks like a formal invoice with all the vertical and horizontal lines and busy surrounds for each posting rectangle. It hurt my head - too many lines requiring sharp focus from these ageing eyes. The posting areas need to have lighter background colours so that it is easier to read the dark text characters. Especially for lenghty periods of scanning. Here at FSM, the clarity that comes from wonderfully balanced colours and simple boundaries makes for the easiest assimilation of information that is possible. Simple and effective. This is how to do it.

Long may it continue.

Posted:   Dec 4, 2013 - 11:04 AM   
 By:   Gold Digger   (Member)

Prefer the old one. Easier to navigate and clearer. Too many places to look for titles on this one and hate those banner type adverts.

Posted:   Dec 4, 2013 - 11:11 AM   
 By:   dpsternan   (Member)

The design is much more professional, for sure.

Posted:   Dec 4, 2013 - 11:35 AM   
 By:   Anthony Marose   (Member)

Prefer the old one. Easier to navigate and clearer. Too many places to look for titles on this one and hate those banner type adverts.

Fair points.

Posted:   Dec 4, 2013 - 11:53 AM   
 By:   solium   (Member)

Looks like they are going for the itunes store front look. Also mobile device friendly. A lot of sites are going this route. Works great for small devices but limited up front for desktop users.

Posted:   Dec 4, 2013 - 12:08 PM   

Doesn't seem any more or less mobile-friendly than the old one to me.

Posted:   Dec 4, 2013 - 12:15 PM   
 By:   whoismatthew   (Member)

For those having problems with finding the Forums, look under "Discussions".

Posted:   Dec 4, 2013 - 12:15 PM   
 By:   whoismatthew   (Member)

For those having problems with finding the Forums, look under "Discussions".

Posted:   Dec 4, 2013 - 12:20 PM   
 By:   Traveling Matt   (Member)

Prefer the old one. Easier to navigate and clearer. Too many places to look for titles on this one...

Ditto. Though it's indeed more professional-looking.

Posted:   Dec 4, 2013 - 12:34 PM   
 By:   Trent B.   (Member)

I like the new design, looks more pleasing to the eye.