Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Jun 5, 2013 - 10:00 AM   
 By:   nitzschemorricone   (Member)

In a recent interview with Giorgio and Daft Punk, he's asked about his soundtracks. This is what he says about SCARFACE. Whether he's referring to the music at all, or just the film, I'm not sure.:

"I don’t particularly like Scarface. The intro part; that’s beautiful. The rest is really bad. The thing is, when that film came out it was a flop. One of the worst days I’ve had as a musician was when we played the movie to the audience. It was one of the official ones before the premiere. At the end... silence. No applause, not one clap. Some people started to boo. I just thought, ‘Oh God.’ I think he says ‘fuck you, fuck you’ 270 times at the end. But then the video came out, and it became a cult hit."

Posted:   Jun 5, 2013 - 10:44 AM   
 By:   Justin Boggan   (Member)

He was supposed to be working on a score with Zimmer (I think it was a 2013 film). Did we ever find out what that was?

Posted:   Jun 5, 2013 - 11:18 AM   
 By:   MRAUDIO   (Member)

I hope that some label is working on a COMPLETE CD release of this score...:-)

Posted:   Jun 5, 2013 - 12:21 PM   
 By:   First Breath   (Member)

He was supposed to be working on a score with Zimmer (I think it was a 2013 film). Did we ever find out what that was?

No. But he worked with Zimmer on that Oscar tune, "Giorgio's New Dancing Shoes".

Posted:   Jun 5, 2013 - 12:36 PM   
 By:   Mr. Marshall   (Member)

I hope that some label is working on a COMPLETE CD release of this score...:-)

even if its Perserverance???

ahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bruce

Posted:   Jun 5, 2013 - 2:32 PM   
 By:   Peter Atterberg   (Member)

Does anyone know if the tracks posted there are still available? I can't find them anywhere.

Edit: NVM, I got it. Still sounds like a DVDrip to me. This was posted by Georgio himself?

Posted:   Jun 6, 2013 - 5:51 AM   
 By:   Giorgio Moroder   (Member)

Does anyone know if the tracks posted there are still available? I can't find them anywhere.

Edit: NVM, I got it. Still sounds like a DVDrip to me. This was posted by Georgio himself?

NO it's not giorgio ,it's a fan ...

But it's to bad that i never see release a complete and movie version of SCARFACE for the 30th anniversary

Posted:   Jun 6, 2013 - 12:20 PM   
 By:   tyuan   (Member)

https://soundcloud.com/giorgiomoroder2/giorgio-moroder-ivory-tower

YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!
Thank You maestro Moroder!!! *_________________*

Posted:   Oct 14, 2013 - 4:29 AM   
 By:   neo   (Member)

any update here?