Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   May 22, 2013 - 4:49 PM   
 By:   Justin Boggan   (Member)

I see it now. Thanks for the correction.

I finished all 10 episodes. I was a little disappointed many cues in the final episode were re-used from earlier episodes. But they worked, nonetheless.

I tried to find "Making Scotland's Landscape", the next documentary he did, but none were up. I did, however, find a video of some sessions for the series:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEyLv0VWk6k

So I next moved on to another documentary series, "Gal√°pagos".
The music is again orchestral, with some lush and occassionally big moments, but it doesn't grab you instantly like "A History of Scotland". Nonetheless it probably makes a strong CD. I can't say what there is; SoundtrackCollector.com shows a listing, but no tracklisting and no information on whether it was physical or download-only. I assume since it was the ame label for the Scotland series, Rage Music, that it's physical, too.
IMDb and SoundtrackCollectgor lists two other composers, but only Leonard-Morgan is credited. A quick search shows the two other composers work together scoring projects sometimes. Perhaps they had a score replaced on the series. Maybe they rescored for another country. Who knows.

Posted:   May 23, 2013 - 4:12 AM   
 By:   Peter Greenhill   (Member)

The 'Galopagos' CD is available from the shop at Paul Leonard-Morgan's website.

I've just ordered a copy.

http://www.paulleonardmorgan.com/shop

Price is £9.99 + shipping

Goes for silly money at Amazon.com

Posted:   May 23, 2013 - 4:44 AM   
 By:   Peter Greenhill   (Member)

There's a lot of Paul Leonard-Morgan music to pay and/or download, here:

http://www.dewolfe.co.uk/musicsearch/search_1.php?pageNum_rsResults=0&totalRows_rsResults=79&fastfind_to_tracks@fastfind_id=&keyword_to_track@keyword=&tracks@tracktitle=&tracks@tempo=&tracks@composer=Paul+Leonard-Morgan&tracks@cdnumber=&tracks@tracktype=m&tracks@duration=&composer_text=&submit=search

Posted:   Sep 21, 2014 - 11:51 PM   
 By:   Justin Boggan   (Member)

And now I have found "Making Scotland's Landscape" and I have finished the first episode.

It's not as big and bold as the history of documentary series special on Scotland, but it's got a number of plesant and nice cues, particularly the smaller pieces with piano.

I suspect each episode will bring a little something different and each one deals with a different element. This one dealt with the trees of Scotland and the history behind them. The next episode is about the land.

In the end I believe there will probably be more than enough for a good CD or CD set.

Posted:   Sep 22, 2014 - 4:37 AM   
 By:   Timmer   (Member)

Sadly, Alan Parker's score for 'Coast' hasn't had an album release.

And that is a real shame.