Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Jun 27, 2013 - 1:03 AM   
 By:   (Member)   (Member)

Still no audio samples. Nobody will buy the product.

Posted:   Jun 27, 2013 - 1:15 AM   
 By:   Sigerson Holmes   (Member)

Who came before Bronson?

Posted:   Jun 28, 2013 - 12:49 AM   

And on the third day, they inserted the twelve audio samples.
http://www.intrada.net/sound/tcb.m3u

Posted:   Jun 28, 2013 - 5:01 AM   

DISC ONE
Duning's samples
01. Main Title
03. He’s an Orphan
04. Where’s Johnny
12. Wayfarer Bronson
23. Leona and Bronson
25. Amish Farm

DISC TWO
05. Free Water (John Parker)
07. The Snake (Richard Shores)
08. Moonlight Meeting (Stu Phillips)
09. Lady of Sweet Sorrows (Richard Shores)
15. Montage (Philip Springer)
16. End Title (version 2) (George Duning)

Nota Bene
Richard Shores composes many scores for the series which may interest people enjoying his work (The Man from UNCLE, The Wild Wild West, Hawaii Five-O).

Posted:   Jun 28, 2013 - 5:45 AM   
 By:   chriss   (Member)

DISC TWO
05. Free Water (John Parker)
07. The Snake (Richard Shores)
08. Moonlight Meeting (Stu Phillips)
09. Lady of Sweet Sorrows (Richard Shores)

This is the correct composer listing:

05. Free Water (Stu Phillips)
07. The Snake (Dean Elliott)
08. Moonlight Meeting (Richard Shores)
09. Lady of Sweet Sorrows (Stu Phillips)

Posted:   Jun 30, 2013 - 10:39 PM   
 By:   Ag^Janus   (Member)

Seems Duning put nothing short of his best effort into this. The pilot episode on OMNIBUS is my favorite music of the entire set.

Posted:   Jun 30, 2013 - 11:17 PM   
 By:   philiperic   (Member)

Because of the series' success and Michael Parks singing in it , he released an LP of country/ folk songs. The one I remember and liked was the one he sang in the movie with Bonnie Bedelia "Im just a poor Wayfaring Stranger" - he sang a solo version on the LP -- too bad this was not part of the THEN CAME BRONSON package -

Posted:   Jul 1, 2013 - 12:16 AM   

Because of the series' success and Michael Parks singing in it , he released an LP of country/ folk songs. The one I remember and liked was the one he sang in the movie with Bonnie Bedelia "Im just a poor Wayfaring Stranger" - he sang a solo version on the LP -- too bad this was not part of the THEN CAME BRONSON package -

It is however part of the TV OMNIBUS pilot score. Or is that another?

Posted:   Oct 12, 2014 - 10:34 PM   
 By:   Lukas Kendall   (Member)

Did anybody get this album? I put a lot of effort into it and it was fun, and I like the scores. I hope the sound clips work now!

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.8097/.f

Duning's pilot score and the two Gil Mellé scores are on our TV Omnibus:

http://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm/ID/14279/TV-OMNIBUS-VOLUME-ONE-1962-1976/

For those who missed the series: it's Michael Parks riding a motorcycle, mugging, mumbling and smoking cigarettes across the Mountain West while running into lonely Hollywood character actors...zzzz....

Lukas

Posted:   Oct 12, 2014 - 10:49 PM   
 By:   TheFamousEccles   (Member)

I bought it, anyway (even before "The-sound-samples-don't-play-Gate" was resolved), and greatly enjoy it. The Duning disc is consistently engrossing (he had such a knack for writing long-lined melodies, and his theme for the show is a favorite), and the second disc is just as enjoyable - I particularly enjoy the Dean Elliott and Stu Phillips material, but there's something to recommend to every track (The Philip Springer and Tom McIntosh material were pleasant new discoveries). If you haven't picked it up, and you're a fan of 70s Television music, or George Duning, or both, you'd be well served by adding it to your collection - it's a great collection of memorable melodies, and some terrific, transparent writing throughout. (And if you have FSM's terrific TV Omnibus, this makes a great companion volume to it.)

Oh, and the cue where Duning has "Wayfaring Stranger" and his theme for the show in counterpoint is a real kick.

Posted:   Oct 12, 2014 - 11:05 PM   

Duning's pilot score and the two Gil Mellé scores are on our TV Omnibus

Gil Mellé's rare appearance on compact disc makes the Omnibus especially attractive. Some people cannot pass up any Duning published, his work points the direction here for all the others to follow, how could anybody pass that up?

I have seen some of the episodes, my amusement is limited to the era of production, amusing it is, gas guzzlers and all ... and that scrambler which Bronson puts to good use. Yes I've seen the episode where he drives about raw wilderness and trashes the bike. I cannot forgive him for that obscenity. However Bronson's penchant for helping distressed young attractive ladies in distress goes someway as an apology.

Posted:   Oct 12, 2014 - 11:17 PM   
 By:   Josh Mitchell   (Member)

As a matter of fact, this landed in my mailbox a few days ago. I've only played the first disc so far and really enjoyed it. It's definitely a product of its era but never cheesy. Some really beautiful themes in there. Groovy and hip symphonic Americana. Highly recommended.

Posted:   Oct 12, 2014 - 11:48 PM   
 By:   McMillan & Husband   (Member)

I had something else written here before I decided to discard it so let me take this opportunity to say "spoont".

Posted:   Oct 13, 2014 - 12:55 AM   
 By:   Smitty   (Member)

Did anybody get this album? I put a lot of effort into it and it was fun, and I like the scores. I hope the sound clips work now!

http://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm/ID/14279/TV-OMNIBUS-VOLUME-ONE-1962-1976/

For those who missed the series: it's Michael Parks riding a motorcycle, mugging, mumbling and smoking cigarettes across the Mountain West while running into lonely Hollywood character actors...zzzz....

Lukas

I got it the minute it came out.

Let me be appropriately pretentious and say that you're a God for doing the TV Omnibus set. It doesn't get much better in this hobby than to have all of that magnificent and obscure TV music in the crispest of stereo.

I only wish that you had extensive access to the Universal television catalogue during your label's run. Your label was up to the challenge of releasing lots of music from the masters of the Silver Age no matter how unpopular they are among the buying public.

Posted:   Oct 13, 2014 - 4:11 AM   
 By:   CindyLover   (Member)

Did anybody get this album?

Yep. Just a shame there was never a Vol. 2! (And who'd have thought Assignment: Vienna would get a soundtrack release?)

I bought the Then Came Bronson album as well, despite never having seen an episode of the series.

Posted:   Oct 13, 2014 - 11:29 AM   
 By:   shadowman   (Member)

Lukas

I got it the minute it came out.

Let me be appropriately pretentious and say that you're a God for doing the TV Omnibus set. It doesn't get much better in this hobby than to have all of that magnificent and obscure TV music in the crispest of stereo.

I only wish that you had extensive access to the Universal television catalogue during your label's run. Your label was up to the challenge of releasing lots of music from the masters of the Silver Age no matter how unpopular they are among the buying public.

My sentiments exactly!

Posted:   Oct 13, 2014 - 5:05 PM   
 By:   riotengine   (Member)

Lukas

If the writing is good, what's wrong with that? wink

Greg espinoza