Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Jan 9, 2013 - 11:56 AM   
 By:   DavidinBerkeley   (Member)

Here's another that might interest Monte-Dave, mostly because he was apparently cut quite the swath in the 1970's with his moustache, and this video has moustaches, moustaches, moustaches, just like the 70's.

Mansome - a documentary by Morgan Spurlock about male hair grooming.

WARNING! Two handsome male celebrities are shown in a bathtub together in this trailer! If you don't want to see two men doing this don't play this video. No, no, no. smile

Posted:   Jan 9, 2013 - 12:21 PM   
 By:   Octoberman   (Member)

Mansome - a documentary by Morgan Spurlock about male hair grooming.

True story, though almost TOTALLY unrelated:

Every time I see his name, my brain processes it as Organ Spurmlock.

Posted:   Jun 3, 2013 - 11:01 AM   

In my un-dying quest to find a film Montana Dave will love as much as BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN, here's my latest attempt.

How about sticking to the "unquestionably masculine" theme and watch one about gay surfers?

This one is called SHELTER, and it includes an adorable little boy who plays a pivotal role but isn't over-used onscreen, thank goodness.

It has a nice story that could have used some improvement, but maybe that's because I've seen so many movies.

There's a nice "nature-side" talk, that looks a little like the one of Jack and Ennis overlooking the valley:

And surf footage

And a love story that doesn't have a human fatality attached to it.

Posted:   Jun 3, 2013 - 11:18 AM   
 By:   Montana Dave   (Member)

I did indeed see 'Shelter' a few years ago. I enjoyed it a great deal, the acting was above par, and after returning it to Netflix, I bought it for 20 Lira from Amazon. It's so much sexier in Italian wink

Posted:   Aug 17, 2013 - 3:29 PM   

I'm really looking forward to Keep the Lights on smile Looks like a solid film to watch with my boyfriend.

And when you see it, Sirus, tell me if you think the best friend "Clare" looks and sounds a lot like another actress.

Sirius: Did you see this? Did you get a good look at "Clare"?

Posted:   Aug 17, 2013 - 3:45 PM   
 By:   Sirusjr   (Member)

Haven't gotten around to Keep the Lights on yet. It's still hiding around in my queue.

I did see Shelter years back. My boy had it on DVD and put it on. Pretty good for an independent gay movie.

I also recently watched A Single Man on Netflix and quite enjoyed it. Another gay movie that slipped past me. My review is in the review thread on the last page.

Posted:   Aug 18, 2013 - 2:51 PM   

Haven't gotten around to Keep the Lights on yet. It's still hiding around in my queue.

Make sure to get back to me when you do, BEFORE you return the movie. There's an interesting surprise therein, if you know movies from the 60's much.

Posted:   Aug 23, 2013 - 8:37 PM   
 By:   Sirusjr   (Member)

Just finished watching Keep the Lights on. The fiance and I were not impressed. As he said, the movie could have been 15-20 minutes long if the moronic main character wasn't such an idiot. The only positive was it wasn't as depressing as it looked in the trailers. Totally not worth watching.

Posted:   Aug 24, 2013 - 3:31 PM   

Just finished watching Keep the Lights on. The fiance and I were not impressed. As he said, the movie could have been 15-20 minutes long if the moronic main character wasn't such an idiot. The only positive was it wasn't as depressing as it looked in the trailers. Totally not worth watching.

Did you take a close look at "Clare"?

Did you see anything interesting about her?

If you still have it, maybe you can look again.

Posted:   Oct 23, 2013 - 1:55 PM   

I remember this one being a good story, not unlike BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN in some ways.