Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Sep 11, 2013 - 12:16 PM   
 By:   Scott M (Oldsmith)   (Member)

I can't consider C&PD an "average or below" score since I can count 14 outstanding cues on the expanded release. This does not count the "merely good" cues.

However, in the spirit of the thing:

Prologue from Hook. The only cue I like.

Posted:   Sep 11, 2013 - 1:35 PM   
 By:   Shaun Rutherford   (Member)

I can't consider C&PD an "average or below" score since I can count 14 outstanding cues on the expanded release. This does not count the "merely good" cues.

However, in the spirit of the thing:

Prologue from Hook. The only cue I like.

You like 14 outstanding cues on Clear And Present Danger and you only like the first one from Hook? Keep going after "Banning Back Home." Hell, just skip to "The Ultimate War." This is an outrage. This aggression will not stand, man.

What are the 14 cues from Clear And Present Danger?

Posted:   Sep 11, 2013 - 3:17 PM   
 By:   SBD   (Member)

Iron Man 2: The main titles have that wonderful massive Russian chorus in a theme that never really appears again, and the Iron Man theme in "I Am Iron Man" and (briefly) "Monaco" is sadly missing just about everywhere else it's needed.

I was racking my brain trying to think of an example for this thread. This is a perfect example. While Debney's score is (with a few exceptions) serviceable, the opening title cue is a fantastically powerful piece of music.

Posted:   Sep 11, 2013 - 5:27 PM   
 By:   cody1949   (Member)

Cue # 10, Free to Fly from the score of THE MIGHTY by Trevor Jones on a little known label that probably doesn't exist anymore, Pangaea Records. Check it out if you have this CD.

Posted:   Sep 11, 2013 - 6:05 PM   
 By:   KevinSmith   (Member)

Cue # 10, Free to Fly from the score of THE MIGHTY by Trevor Jones on a little known label that probably doesn't exist anymore, Pangaea Records. Check it out if you have this CD.

I second this.

Posted:   Sep 11, 2013 - 7:48 PM   
 By:   cody1949   (Member)

Here's another one from a genre that doesn't always grab me. In 1979 I was really taken with a scifi miniseries called THE MARTIAN CHRONICLES. The score by Stanley Myers fascinated me as well. I waited over 20 years for CD release; there was no LP issued. Lo and behold a one shot label called Airstrip One issued it. The cues SPACE MARCH and END TITLES are especially interesting. Disco was in full swing back in '79 and it has a strong influence on this score. Check it out if you have the CD.

Posted:   Nov 10, 2013 - 6:30 PM   
 By:   KevinSmith   (Member)

Totally agree. I've been meaning to do this myself for ages but never seem to get around to it.

Great minds think alike. smile

Fools never differ razz

Posted:   Nov 10, 2013 - 11:26 PM   
 By:   Drawgoon   (Member)

Life
From "Prometheus"
Music by Harry Gregson-Williams

Darby's Theme
From "The Pelican Brief"
Music by James Horner

Soviet March
From "Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 (Game)"
Music by James Hannigan

Posted:   Nov 12, 2013 - 11:19 AM   
 By:   Mr. Marshall   (Member)

Hasn't this topic been discussed in the "One cue, One score (?) thread?