Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Jul 26, 2013 - 12:25 PM   
 By:   BillCarson   (Member)

Wheres TG? the news theyv waited for a long time. Bates gone frm leedS!

Posted:   Jul 26, 2013 - 1:34 PM   
 By:   Tall Guy   (Member)

Wheres TG? the news theyv waited for a long time. Bates gone frm leedS!

We needed an old duffer with deep pockets, which is what we got. And now we need a fresh start, and we've got that too. So far so good...

Posted:   Jul 26, 2013 - 1:57 PM   

Undrstood he made the club frugal again but a nightmare to deal with behind the scenes?

Expect a lot of people at elland rd glad to see him gone.

Posted:   Jul 27, 2013 - 11:42 AM   
 By:   First Breath   (Member)

Germany in the final.
England out early doors.
It's good to know football cares little about gender! smile

Germany vs Norway in the final. Would surely *not* happen in the men's tournament.

Posted:   Jul 27, 2013 - 1:35 PM   
 By:   Urs Lesse   (Member)

Borusssia Dortmund beats Bayern München in the German Super Cup match 4-2. Great match, two great Robben goals and an aaaaaaaaaalegant goal by Gündogan. Munich's not as invincible yet as they thought they'd be. Guardiola has still some work to do.

Posted:   Jul 28, 2013 - 7:52 AM   
 By:   Jim Phelps   (Member)

Oh sure, they beat them whenever it's not the Champions League final. wink

I'm actually enjoying my sabbatical from The Beautiful Game but not so much that I can't razz anything and everything or bear to see this cherished thread fall under an avalanche of dan the man nonsense. smile

Posted:   Jul 28, 2013 - 11:57 AM   

well we are even having friendlies from the asia tours on Sky now...

the boring transfer spirals trudge on forever, Bale, Rooney, Suarez - I just want someone to move...somewhere, anywhere!!!

only a week before the football league starts, with Sheff Utd v Notts Co live on friday night.

scottish football about to start...

Few more weeks before the 'Premiership', Jim!!!!

Posted:   Jul 29, 2013 - 5:00 AM   
 By:   Jim Phelps   (Member)

USA wins The Gold Cup Final 1-0 over upstarts Panama. I'm not sure what it all means--oh wait, I do: nothing. But it's nice to win a tournament anyway. big grin

Posted:   Jul 30, 2013 - 2:26 AM   
 By:   Thomas   (Member)

Sorry to see Pepe Reina leave Liverpool after 8 years, to join up again with Rafa at Napoli. He even managed to fire a broadside at the management in his goodbye letter to the supporters. He was a great keeper for us and loved playing for the club, and had a good relationship with the supporters. Buena Suerte!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2380701/Pepe-Reina-open-letter-Liverpol-fans-Goalkeeper-hits-club-Napoli-loan-looking-forward-Rafa-Benitez-reunion.html

Posted:   Jul 30, 2013 - 4:20 AM   

Yeah good servant. 8 years is a fking miracle in this day and age.
Seeing out a two year contract gets you a testimonial and a long service watch these days!!

Posted:   Jul 30, 2013 - 11:00 AM   
 By:   Kev McGann   (Member)

I thought Pepe had a great 3 to 5 years, especially during the Rafa days...he was top goalie then.
He's been a bit erratic the past few seasons, while all the troubles have been rumbling on, and I think he's wanted out for a while now.
He started making the noises first, itching for a move to his beloved Barca. I think he's just upset now that he got the move he didn't want!
If they don't want to play for us, move them on. I can't believe we're still moping over Suarez!! Just sell the ungrateful little prick and use the money to invest in fresh new talent that will help us move upward (like Coutinho). Rant over! smile

Posted:   Jul 30, 2013 - 11:02 AM   

dp

Posted:   Jul 31, 2013 - 2:25 AM   

Whats happening with Bale was - being an evil West Ham fan - what I always hoped would happen.... Tott delay, delay delay and resist and deny the move and claim he's staying, then the money gets so silly they have to sell him, but by that time its so late in the day they cant get hardly any top players in - result, Tottenham season ruined as they languish in 7th with ludicrous wedges of dosh in the bank!! ha ha.

West Ham in advance negotiations with Loic Remy (a target of ours years ago but he never moved from France then) and pursuing Snodgrass of Norwich, although Norwich have knocked back it seems if papers arent making it up.
Nice to see after spending on Carroll we have actually got some more money!!

Need a few players in though - certainly a top class alternative/additional striker.

Theyre saying today on Sky Arsenal must find 55m if they want suarez. Liverpool better let him go a but sharpish or they will be in the same boat as Tottenham.

Posted:   Aug 3, 2013 - 5:52 AM   

The English Prem kicks off in 2 weeks (Aug 17th) with my team starting proceedings early doors (BT Sport have taken Liverpool v Stoke as their first game, lunch-time kick-off).
BUT!!! The battle to crack the Prem starts today. I'm sure Sir T of G will be hoping for a nice 3 points, at home to Brighton, to aid their cause to return to the Prem.

Posted:   Aug 3, 2013 - 6:00 AM   

Oh, and who will bag the 1000th post?
Bill?, TG?, Thomas?, me?...or does it belong to Phelpsie!! smile

Posted:   Aug 3, 2013 - 9:17 AM   

It should left for the Phelpsmeister - its only fitting the honour goes to him.

I supposed to get a free card from bt to watch those bt games.so far, fk all in the post. Whats the betting it costs me another £15 on an 0844 number chasing it up ???!!!

Posted:   Aug 4, 2013 - 5:50 AM   

I'm sure Sir T of G will be hoping for a nice 3 points, at home to Brighton, to aid their cause to return to the Prem.

And lo it came to pass.

Although a bloke opened his car door onto mine in a car park yesterday evening. When I sprang out to check for damage and suggest he have more of a care, I noticed he was wearing a Leeds top, and rightly surmised that he'd come from the match. We ended up chatting about it and in his considered opinion we still need a couple of players in order to compete with the very strong line up in the Championship this year.

Still - a good start.

TG

Posted:   Aug 5, 2013 - 2:55 AM   

Poor Ennio - Roma sign that stumbling bambi Gervinho from Arsenal.

Surely they could command better players than that? although I think he is linking up with an old coach - probably the only one who would sign him!
Wont do Ennio's heart any good!!

So Bale is going to Real. Then he's not for sale. But hes unhappy. Rooney isnt going anywhere say the club. But hes unhappy and cant see a way back. Chelsea bid but its turned down. Suarez wants out but just his luck that tight-arse Arsenal wont pay the extra 15m. So he's staying. At least today. And is 'committed' to Liverpool. Dunno about the rest of you - well, all 5 of you - but its been boring for 2 months and is getting even more boring now. They should just turn the music off and take a chair away.

TG glad your car park altercation didnt end up being fisticuffs. This day and age - especially how aggressive people are, and totally wont admit being in the wrong even if they are - I could have a fight every twenty yards when Im out!!

I hope Jim is following the thread numbers - nobody post when its on 999!!

Posted:   Aug 5, 2013 - 4:11 AM   

TG glad your car park altercation didnt end up being fisticuffs. This day and age - especially how aggressive people are, and totally wont admit being in the wrong even if they are - I could have a fight every twenty yards when Im out!!

I hope Jim is following the thread numbers - nobody post when its on 999!!

Well, you know me - just a big pussycat.

(998)

Posted:   Aug 5, 2013 - 4:44 AM   
 By:   Thomas   (Member)

Poor Ennio - Roma sign that stumbling bambi Gervinho from Arsenal.

Ah Gervinho will be missed, he of the Klingon Forehead...

(999)