Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Dec 18, 2013 - 4:30 PM   
 By:   ChristianK├╝hn   (Member)

So here's how I do these kind of things:

wink

Posted:   Dec 18, 2013 - 4:51 PM   
 By:   solium   (Member)

So here's how I do these kind of things

LOL! Nothing beats a visual description.

Posted:   Dec 20, 2013 - 12:23 AM   
 By:   Superman1701   (Member)

Awesome! My favorite track is My Armor Is Iron! Love love love that choir! I'm so glad this cue made it on the CD!

Posted:   Dec 20, 2013 - 4:02 AM   
 By:   mastadge   (Member)

So is "The Forest River" Shore's "Flying a Tank"?

Posted:   Dec 21, 2013 - 11:49 AM   
 By:   Michael Scorefan   (Member)

Fandango has a deal where if you purchase tickets to the Hobbit through them you get a free track from the Desolation of Smaug soundtrack. Has anyone bought their tickets through fandango? If so, is that track otherwise available on the soundtrack release? I recall they had a similar promo with Dark Knight Rises, which was an unreleased track, but I missed out on that one. I wasn't planing on buying my tickets through fandango, but if it includes an unreleased track . . .

Edit: Nevermind. I found the answer to my question. The track is "The Woodland Realm", the extended version of which is on the special edition soundtrack.

Posted:   Dec 21, 2013 - 11:12 PM   
 By:   amatalqa   (Member)

I actually really welcomed the moments where there was no music at all. Remember folks, quite often movies are waaay over-scored. Too much score makes it ineffective, and with this film, it actually could've had less music and been more effective, especially considering that a good majority of this one felt like filler music. The themes were nowhere near as captivating or prominent as the previous four films, all of which I loved. I also enjoyed this film, but the music wasn't up to par.

Posted:   Dec 23, 2013 - 3:38 AM   
 By:   Vermithrax Pejorative   (Member)

Man, that Dragon can yack!!
I haven't heard a dragon yap so much since that one that sounded like a British Spy/Russian Submarine Cmmndr/Middle East Raisuli/Irish-American Chicago Beat Cop!!
In my day, you kept it shut and let your actions do the talking!