Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Aug 14, 2013 - 12:36 AM   
 By:   Loren   (Member)

Outstanding release of one of the best Williams ever!

Posted:   Aug 14, 2013 - 3:46 AM   
 By:   Ag^Janus   (Member)

I like it especially too Loren. A rare western from Maestro Williams, I most appreciate the times of spare, humble, and jockular pieces. Not so much the love theme/romance music. Good job by Kritzerland too, with the re-recording for contrast. Treasure!

Posted:   Aug 14, 2013 - 7:50 AM   
 By:   willymcnilly   (Member)

A few copies available at Screenarchives (as of August 14th) for those that missed out like me at the beginning of July!

Posted:   Aug 28, 2013 - 6:17 AM   
 By:   PHOENIX   (Member)

Some copies at Moviemusic.com

$19.99

http://www.moviemusic.com/soundtrack/M08931/missouri-breaks/

Posted:   Aug 29, 2013 - 4:38 PM   
 By:   PHOENIX   (Member)

Still copies available at Moviemusic.com @$19.99

http://www.moviemusic.com/soundtrack/M08931/missouri-breaks/

Surprised they haven't sold out. Maybe no one cares about this title as much.

Posted:   Sep 1, 2013 - 11:25 PM   
 By:   Ag^Janus   (Member)

The OST Main Title has a superior swagger, heightened by syncopated gob iron.

Posted:   Oct 20, 2013 - 4:16 AM   
 By:   JohnnyG   (Member)

It's good when a score that you love gets a better treatment on disc than what it had before but it's perhaps even better when a new release of a score not dear to you makes you truly appreciate it for the first time.
That's exactly what happened with me and "The Missouri Breaks" thanks to Kritzerland!
Although I prefer the LP presentation on disc 2 (terrifically well remastered, BTW!) - after all, the original album was made with listenability in mind and JW always did that masterfully - this release has made me warm up to a score which I had played no more than a couple of times in its original LP incarnation.
Maybe I needed a trigger and this CD was just that. Either way, thank you, Bruce Kimmel, for making me see what a solid, fun and at times really exciting score this is!...