Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Nov 18, 2013 - 6:02 AM   
 By:   Gunnar   (Member)

Sorry to keep dwelling on this but the more I think about it the more this felt like one of the most extraordinary musical nights I've ever had in my life, and I've had quite a few of those. And yet it was so simple and unexpected.

I can totally relate to that. As much as I'd love to hear John Williams conduct his film music, such a recital is much more unique and, because of its size, more intimate. I'm happy for you that you could make it and tell us about it.

Posted:   Nov 22, 2013 - 9:25 PM   
 By:   Morricone   (Member)

Wow! Last night I saw PHILOMENA, terrific movie, and Desplat was there! He finished off my program with his signature plus a couple CDs. I got to talk to him about the concert AND the film. You really luck out in this town.

Posted:   Nov 22, 2013 - 9:25 PM   

double post

Posted:   Nov 23, 2013 - 9:10 AM   

There have been posts that all Williams has to do is hiccup and he gets an Oscar nomination. Frankly based on the response above I think this board is worse. Other composers could have written " The Rite of Spring" and the inquiries would have been on the Williams piece.

But that happened to Stravinsky too.