Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Jan 16, 2014 - 9:13 AM   
 By:   Kev McGann   (Member)

This was one of the earliest CD's I ever got by this young, underrated French composer - for a German TV puppet show - and it's long been a favourite.
I even have a soft spot for the cheesy 80's song Mr Boody (not by Talgorn) on the CD!
It's only got 4 tracks by Fred T, but they are quite lengthy and total about 25-30 minutes (I think).
It's got a lovely, languid, harmonica-led main theme, that he has since re-used in his DeWolfe library music CD's from a few years back.
Like a lot of his other scores, there's a big John Williams flavour to his orchestrations and there's one cue (Death of Old Monty) that's especially gorgeous.
It popped up today on my playlist and all those warm fuzzy memories from yesteryear gave me a great big cuddle !! smile
Any other fans?

Posted:   Jan 16, 2014 - 9:36 AM   
 By:   dan the man   (Member)

I can't say I have heard this one yet, but I have nearly always enjoyed MR Talgorn's scores. Wish he does more of them. Good composer.

Posted:   Jan 17, 2014 - 1:59 AM   
 By:   Kev McGann   (Member)

My oh my, film music discussion ain't what it used to be!
Thanks for your comment dan, even though you haven't even heard this score. Talgorn is indeed one of the great symphonic film composers.
It's hard to believe, but gratifying I suppose, to think that I'm the only film music fan who has this CD and enjoys it.

Posted:   Jan 17, 2014 - 2:50 AM   
 By:   governor   (Member)

My oh my, film music discussion ain't what it used to be!
Thanks for your comment dan, even though you haven't even heard this score. Talgorn is indeed one of the great symphonic film composers.
It's hard to believe, but gratifying I suppose, to think that I'm the only film music fan who has this CD and enjoys it.

You are not alone Kevin. This score deserves an expanded version.
Mr Talgorn is very fond of this score.

Posted:   Jan 17, 2014 - 3:07 AM   
 By:   Damian   (Member)

I also have it,though haven't played it in a while.

Posted:   Jan 17, 2014 - 4:19 AM   
 By:   Spymaster   (Member)

I have this Kev. Must spin it again! Talgorn is superb.