Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Feb 21, 2014 - 3:53 AM   
 By:   Kev McGann   (Member)

http://www.filmmusicsite.com/news.cgi?go=detail&id=1569

I like to see composers live in concert and look forward to adding Mr Desplat to my collection smile

Posted:   Feb 21, 2014 - 4:28 AM   
 By:   Spymaster   (Member)

I'm in!!

Posted:   Feb 21, 2014 - 5:18 AM   
 By:   Shaun Rutherford   (Member)

http://www.filmmusicsite.com/news.cgi?go=detail&id=1569

I like to see composers live in concert and look forward to adding Mr Desplat to my collection smile

Please don't kill Alexandre Desplat, or keep him in a big jar in your basement.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9yn49_mr-belvedere_shortfilms

Posted:   Feb 22, 2014 - 1:35 PM   

Haha! Just noticed your post Shaun. Okay, I shall let this one live, just for you, mind. smile

Posted:   Jul 28, 2014 - 11:19 AM   

Programme to include music from:

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
The King's Speech
The Queen
Philomena
Argo
The Imitation Game
Twilight: New Moon
Fantastic Mr Fox
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Coco before Chanel
Girl with a Pearl Earring

Alexandre Desplat conductor
London Symphony Orchestra

From The King’s Speech to the final adventures of Harry Potter, the LSO celebrates the wonderfully immersive music of one of Hollywood’s most sought-after film composers with a selection of his favourite scores, introduced and conducted by Alexandre Desplat himself.

The LSO and Desplat have collaborated closely in recent years, recording scores for films such as Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Parts I & II, Zero Dark Thirty, Philomena, Rise of the Guardians, The Queen, The Ides of March and The Monuments Men.

---------------------------------

I really hope Birth and Monuments Men get added to that list eventually (Hostage would be nice too).
I'll be gutted if he doesn't perform my two favourite scores by him frown

Posted:   Jul 29, 2014 - 9:20 AM   
 By:   Mark Langdon   (Member)

It's not a bad programme at all, quiet a few of my favourites there, but to be honest I could do without THE KING'S SPEECH. It's just not one of his most memorable scores, and I feel it's only there because of the success and popularity of the film.
However, didn't the early programme listing for the Patrick Doyle concert ended up being quiet different to the eventual programme? And of course, a few advertised pieces didn't end up being played at the David Arnold concert. It really would be a shame if Desplat's stunning MONUMENTS MEN score wasn't represented.

(Though I haven't yet decided if I'm actually going to go to this. There's been quiet a few expensive trips to London for concerts in the last year, I'm not rushing into another as if I do it's guaranteed that something more desirable will be announced immediately after!)