Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Mar 15, 2014 - 12:14 AM   
 By:   Sigerson Holmes   (Member)

We put it on the CD at the last minute, because people here were going on and on about wanting it.

I think that's pretty neat! Thanks, BK.

Guess we owe it all to lousbasement, and his 2012 "name this tune" thread:

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=91282&forumID=1&archive=0

Posted:   Mar 15, 2014 - 9:07 AM   
 By:   Joe Caps   (Member)

Got my copy yesterday. same things make me tear up in the score as in the film. the music for the old painter in The Last Leaf is awesome.

Posted:   Mar 15, 2014 - 6:02 PM   
 By:   Sirusjr   (Member)

Got my copy after returning from my vacation and I enjoy the sound quality and the major themes.

I haven't gotten to go through the CD enough to be sure but I am a bit annoyed by the sequencing of what Christmas tunes I heard in the score. I assume that they were used as major themes so you didn't consider them source music. Based on the track titles, I presume that there are major cues connected with them, which means I will have to permanently remove some of the score from my custom playlist to save myself from the Christmas tunes. It would have been easier if they were alone but what can you do. Going through the samples of the Victor Young now to see if I like what i hear.

Posted:   Mar 15, 2014 - 8:39 PM   
 By:   PFK   (Member)

Got my copy after returning from my vacation and I enjoy the sound quality and the major themes.

I haven't gotten to go through the CD enough to be sure but I am a bit annoyed by the sequencing of what Christmas tunes I heard in the score. I assume that they were used as major themes so you didn't consider them source music. Based on the track titles, I presume that there are major cues connected with them, which means I will have to permanently remove some of the score from my custom playlist to save myself from the Christmas tunes. It would have been easier if they were alone but what can you do. Going through the samples of the Victor Young now to see if I like what i hear.

Sirusjr, what's not to like about Victor Young? He was a golden age master! smile

Posted:   Mar 15, 2014 - 9:38 PM   
 By:   Justin Boggan   (Member)

Posted:   Mar 16, 2014 - 12:08 AM   
 By:   Basil Wrathbone   (Member)

Posted:   Mar 16, 2014 - 10:06 AM   

Basil, there is no message on your post. Nothing to say? smile

Posted:   Mar 22, 2014 - 2:46 AM   
 By:   Preston Neal Jones   (Member)

A Bump for Basil, among others...

Posted:   Mar 23, 2014 - 4:08 PM   
 By:   Preston Neal Jones   (Member)

and Encore...

Posted:   Mar 23, 2014 - 9:04 PM   

and Encore...

Preston, per your excellent booklet notes for O. Henry/Irish:

"Christmas in Connecticut" is great, but ...... Christmas in Massachusetts is even better! smile

..... Peter

Posted:   Mar 24, 2014 - 2:52 AM   
 By:   siriami   (Member)

Anyone in the UK still waiting for their copy? Mine still hasn't appeared here. Have emailed Kritzerland re this, but no reply as yet. Hope it's not been lost in the post.........
Alistair

Posted:   Mar 29, 2014 - 2:55 PM   
 By:   georgefenton   (Member)

Thanks a lot, Bruce!!!! 2 gems in a CD. Alfred Newman is great!!!!! I hope more music of Mr. Newman in Kritzerland very soon.

Posted:   Mar 29, 2014 - 6:14 PM   
 By:   Olivier   (Member)

Anyone in the UK still waiting for their copy? Mine still hasn't appeared here. Have emailed Kritzerland re this, but no reply as yet. Hope it's not been lost in the post.........
Alistair

Waiting for it in France.
:\

Posted:   Mar 29, 2014 - 10:30 PM   
 By:   haineshisway   (Member)

Alistair

Waiting for it in France.
:\

Give it some more time - there's no predicting the USPS and certainly no predicting Europe's postal delivery times and customs holding stuff for no reason.