Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   May 24, 2014 - 2:21 PM   
 By:   zooba   (Member)

Ain't nothing like the Disco KLINGON Theme starting at 3:20 ! I can just see Worf and all the famous Klingons doing "The Hustle" to this one! And then Ilia, VEJUR NEEDS THE DISCO BALL!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8ZJUAAkdys

Posted:   May 24, 2014 - 3:57 PM   
 By:   solium   (Member)

If Star Trek was a 70's cop show this would be the theme. wink I liked those old Meco albums.

Posted:   May 24, 2014 - 9:00 PM   
 By:   riotengine   (Member)

Ain't nothing like the Disco KLINGON Theme starting at 3:20 ! I can just see Worf and all the famous Klingons doing "The Hustle" to this one! And then Ilia, VEJUR NEEDS THE DISCO BALL!

I had that album on LP, (with The Black Hole) wish I still had it.

"Stand by for warp drive in ten seconds...!"

Greg Espinoza

Posted:   May 25, 2014 - 1:36 AM   
 By:   carolyn532   (Member)

It wasn't on the "best of Meco," CD. Wish Meco would release a second compilation "best of" and include the Klingon theme and others. Does anybody know where to write Mr Meco a fan letter. I've tried several times.

Jthree

Posted:   May 27, 2014 - 4:30 PM   
 By:   jediking12   (Member)

La La Land Records should of added this to the ST TMP soundtrack

Posted:   May 27, 2014 - 9:37 PM   
 By:   Ron Hardcastle   (Member)

Have several of the records but probably only one CD -- "Star Wars And Other Galactic Funk." Have they released Meco's "Wizard of Oz" album on CD? I have a bit of it I got many years ago online, plus I recorded the entire LP to digital, accompanied by all the requisite snaps crackles and pops. It's a lot of fun, but hate all the noise.

Posted:   May 28, 2014 - 12:26 AM   
 By:   Alex Cremers   (Member)

Every album consisted of the same ingredients. Same song, different tune. But with 'Other Galactic Funk' (side B of Star Wars), MECO actually broke his own mold.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YF5jzboSQAw

His crowning achievement?

Alex