Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Jul 17, 2014 - 2:41 PM   
 By:   Tall Guy   (Member)

Airfix all the way for me, but I seem to recall an occasional Tamiya - I think for cars or perhaps tanks. I used to build WW2 and contemporary (early 70s) aircraft in the main.

Posted:   Jul 17, 2014 - 3:24 PM   
 By:   Mr. Marshall   (Member)

I saved my Aurora catalog from 1967!
The paintings of sports cars are so cool!

I remember many that I owned:
F-14 Starfighter
B-52
Aston martin
Spiderman, Hulk etc.
willie Mays

you can get the catalog on Ebay for a decent price last time I looked
bruce

Posted:   Jul 17, 2014 - 4:37 PM   
 By:   ZapBrannigan   (Member)

During the Apollo program I built the incredibly detailed and accurate Monogram kits. The Saturn V, the Command-Service Module, and the Lunar Module with "Tranquility Base" diorama.

I built all the STAR TREK kits that AMT came out with: the Enterprise, the Klingon ship, the Romulan ship, the Bridge diorama, Space Station K-7, the Spock-and-Serpent diorama, and the Phaser-Tricorder-Communicator kit, and much later the 1701-A Enterprise.

From Revell, I mostly built fighter jets. The F-102 Delta Dagger, the J-35 Draken (so gorgeous), the F-4 Phantom (my paint job was a green and tan camouflage scheme, and it came out fantastic).

My WW II planes included the F4F Wildcat, the F6F Hellcat, and the Douglas C-47.

I remember doing the USS Decatur (DD-936) as a kid. I also built a Revell version of the Titanic that I liked a lot.

Such good times.

Posted:   Jul 17, 2014 - 7:10 PM   
 By:   Advise & Consent   (Member)

I was an Aurora man all the way. But also an "anybody" man when it came to spaceships.

I still have the T-Rex tucked away upstairs (in fragments, probably--LOL). The original unpainted red plastic was nauseating, wasn't it?

The Polar Lights Jupiter 2 has been sitting on a shelf for years now. I still don't have the nerve to tackle it.

Geez! Were we separated at birth?

Posted:   Jul 17, 2014 - 9:13 PM   
 By:   dragon53   (Member)

Is that all you guys got?.....My list of Aurora, Revell, Monogram, Lindbergh, Hawk, Renwal kits etc. I bought when I was a kid would shame all of you!

Posted:   Jul 18, 2014 - 12:37 AM   
 By:   Octoberman   (Member)

I was an Aurora man all the way. But also an "anybody" man when it came to spaceships.
I still have the T-Rex tucked away upstairs (in fragments, probably--LOL). The original unpainted red plastic was nauseating, wasn't it?
The Polar Lights Jupiter 2 has been sitting on a shelf for years now. I still don't have the nerve to tackle it.

Geez! Were we separated at birth?

Heh. Maybe.
And I like to think that there are more of us than we think.
Which is a good thing... the world could use more of us.
big grin

Posted:   Jul 18, 2014 - 5:15 AM   
 By:   Timmer   (Member)

Is that all you guys got?.....My list of Aurora, Revell, Monogram, Lindbergh, Hawk, Renwal kits etc. I bought when I was a kid would shame all of you!

List them!!!

Posted:   Jul 18, 2014 - 5:54 AM   
 By:   solium   (Member)

List them!!!

More to the point. How many kits do you own today?

Posted:   Jul 18, 2014 - 6:16 AM   
 By:   McMillan & Husband   (Member)

I was a huge Alien fan growing up (still am I guess - at least the first three films anyway), which means that in the early to late nineties I was big into the Alien kits put out by Halcyon models of the U.K. There were some truly impressive kits in that line up, including enormous, 1/1 scale vinyl kits of the various facehuggers and chestbursters from the films. I'm pretty sure that some of those hugger/burster kits came from the same molds that were used to create the ones seen on film. I even had the Nostromo kit, which even at the time of release was a bit on the pricey side. Guess I was a bit spoiled.

Apart from that I also had some of the old MPC Star Wars kits (Millenium Falcon, X-Wing, Y-Wing, A-Wing, Speeder Biker etc).